The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Man I'm a big star wars fan... I don't want to support & give EA any of my $$$ but I may just have to eventually get this game.

Battlefield V seems like a quality battlefield game from what i played this weekend. I like some of the new additions. Only gripe is there’s no hardcore mode. Too much HUD in regular.

MGS 5 was the first and only Metal Gear game I played through and I might be in the minority but I absolutely LOVED that game. The gameplay loop was so addicting. I spent hours and hours upgrading Mother Base, capturing and recruiting soldiers, and exploring the world just looking for materials. I even went back and S ranked every mission just to unlock Raiden. From the reviews I’ve seen so far DS will probably scratch that itch for me so I’m all in day one
I love MSG 5 and I've played them all. It's not my favorite but it's still a great game imo. Yeah it was repetitive but I had fun replaying those missions.

Oh for sure. The gif posted early of the stories progression is 100% accurate :lol: . I was a bit annoyed that I had to watch a youtube video for the proper ending but up until then I had fun.

Oh Chris, there are plenty of upcoming PS4 games worthy of the hype you kids threw at DS and the ENTIRE time I’ve maintained my position. The game looks trash, and now that we know that it is, you get mad at me for calling a spade a spade. I get it... KOJIMA... PS4 EXCLUSIVE!!! Etc etc but anyone with a pulse that’s played MGS5 understands just how lost his man gets with his sense of overall direction when it comes to gaming.

It is what’s it is man. The game you should be drooling for is TLOU2 period.

I mean, everything I have said about DS is either how weird Kojima is, or about how this is a perfect game to grab once it hits a sale. Knowing it isn't really a game for me, I haven't commented much since. Stating your opinion (which appears to be a minority opinion going off of critical reviews) and equivocating it to "calling a spade a spade" is certainly an interesting take.

Have people in this thread been high on this game? Absolutely. You know your opinion won't change anyone's mind. After 10+ years of this same song and dance, I don't know why you come in here and think anything is going to change. You know you probably won't get much support or agreement, but here you are, release after release.

Am I mad? That you have a differing opinion? Not even a little. Am I confused as to how you draw a conclusion from not playing something, form an opinion on some video and gameplay, and somehow believe your opinion in now the final word on the game for everyone? Absolutely.

Do I look forward to our inevitable back and forth on the next exclusive release; so on and so forth until the cold, sweet release of death takes me? Oh you know it. :nthat:

Going to be dope on PS5 :nthat:

New_duane.gif

Can’t wait. HZD was dope and so was the DLC, although it was a little on the short side.

If I remember correctly, I heard they split into two teams. There is still another unknown project they are working on.

Man an R6 type of shooter exclusive to PS5 would be a great addition to their lineup. I’d support a Killzone game but I’d be lying if I said I needed one.

I quite like KZ’s mulitiplayer. Does anybody else do something like Warzone? Best of 5, each round a different game mode. It’s fun.

I’d play it more but it’s not too populated last I checked.

Going to be dope on PS5 :nthat:

New_duane.gif

Can’t wait. HZD was dope and so was the DLC, although it was a little on the short side.

Ricky D Ricky D The DLC was short but hard AF man. I had to tackle those Fire Claw grizzly 'bots from long range! :lol: :lol: :lol:

For the sequel they need to work on the skill trees - maybe allow for different type of Aloy builds and make the 'horse' riding and mounted combat a useful skill. They also need to fix the narrative a bit, the end game feminist narrative was a bit too strong.

Last edited:
Any deals/promos/sales on games anywhere currently?

Need to get Tomb Raider, Madden 20 (for nephew) & COD, so didn't know the cheapest options for these 3.

PO

Ricky D Ricky D The DLC was short but hard AF man. I had to tackle those Fire Claw grizzly 'bots from long range! :lol: :lol: :lol:

For the sequel they need to work on the skill trees - maybe allow for different type of Aloy builds and make the 'horse' riding and combat a useful skill. They also need to fix the narrative a bit, the end game feminist narrative was a bit too strong.
Different builds kind of makes it a different game. I don’t think every RPG needs to allow different builds just for the sake of it. I’m not saying it wouldn’t be good either. You would just have to really balance it. It would suck to have a build but can’t defeat certain enemies. I feel like this happens to me in every Bethesda game.

For the sequel they need to work on the skill trees - maybe allow for different type of Aloy builds and make the 'horse' riding and mounted combat a useful skill. They also need to fix the narrative a bit, the end game feminist narrative was a bit too strong.
I just didn't like how every body I met wanted to smash smh lol

I don't know what to think about Death Stranding. I've enjoyed the wacky world of MGS. One of the main reasons I like em is because how differently you can play the game, multiple playthroughs, completely different styles. And you notice things, the different ways you play, and all the different things Kojima implemented into the games, from minor nuances to major attention to details. If it weren't for YT and social media, there would be so many things from each MGS I would've never even known or thought about, from ice cubes melting, codec calls, different disguises and camouflages and how enemies react to each one, etc (there are so many vids on Kojima's attention to detail).

Regarding the different playstyles and playthroughs, I'm used to playing those games without killing anyone, thinking back to MGS IV, Act III, you literally just walk around following a guy, 45 min cutscene, then action packed motorcycle sexplosions, then more cutscenes, but I enjoyed it.

I'm probably gonna gameshare on release date based on the reviews I've watched and read (positive and negative). I'm just genuinely curious about this title, gameplay, and story.

Back
Top Bottom