The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Watched some of the Death Stranding play through and while the game is intriguing i dont think its for me. Game seems like a chore tbh but maybe the story will pick up? Strange game from what ive seen so far

Yeah, them Valkyries on Hard was NO JOKE....Easily the hardest fights of the game for me.

Also, has anyone changed their PSN name? Did everything transfer over smoothly, etc? Any issues?

PO

Beat the Valkyries, last one was so damn hard for me, put me on the brink of quitting that thing altogether. beat the fire trials, now I'm just trying to get through the Mist, I'm about halfway through that and just need to open the last 2 portals, this level is such a pain

Yeah, them Valkyries on Hard was NO JOKE....Easily the hardest fights of the game for me.

Also, has anyone changed their PSN name? Did everything transfer over smoothly, etc? Any issues?

PO

Once I read that all your trophies may not transfer over to your new name I was like:

tenor.gif

I want to know the same thing, I have to break out the PS3 to play it
My guess is because it was made to work on the PS3 architecture and it literally won't work on the PS4 unless it's streamed ala PSnow. Had Rockstar remastered it, that would be a different story

About 10 hours in on DS.

it’s amazing. Truly one of a kind and I’m glad Kojima took that risk. He pushed the game into new territories despite knowing some people will hate it.

people who say it’s about just walking from point A to B are clueless.

it’s not a walking simulator.

yes the game is about delivery packages, but there’s multiple challenges to get there from the BT, environment,etc.

each trip you need to plan and pack accordingly in order to make sure you’re mission is a success.

in addition, I love building bridges, setting up ladders, ropes, highways, etc knowing other people can use them.

everytime someone’s uses your equipment you get notified and it shows their PSN. You can also visit your stuff and see how many “likes” it got. If someone used it, you automatically get a “like”.

you can post signs saying you put down a ladder, a warning sign, steep hill sign, BT sign, etc.

its a great feeling when I built a bridge over a river for people to cross and a few hours later I saw that over 40+ people used it. It makes me want to build more stuff lol.

the feeling of playing alone but at the same time playing with “others” is amazing.

Also, balancing the packages in your back and traveling isn’t hard. The game gives you a feature to auto move your packages so it’s as balanced as it can be in terms of weight distribution.

the cut scenes are super long so you do need to invest time watching them to understand the story though. So if you don’t like that then that’s one negative aspect.

also the music is great. Esp when it starts playing when you’re traveling. The sense of isolation gives me a zen-type vibe but it’s also hilarious with the small details the Kojima put in this game (esp when he breaks the 4th wall)

overall, this game is amazing. Also I recommend going to the DS reddit thread. Nothing but positive vibes and hilarious memes.

8438FE1C-9E9F-4328-8542-5899695A9CA3.jpeg

70956079-CD1D-4DB5-8C1A-3AEB0E4C59DA.jpeg

Last edited:
How many chapters in DS? I want to buy it but I was pretty underwhelmed with MGS5 And I loved that series. I feel like Kojima adds extremely long cut scenes which kinda kills my flair to game when I’m stuck with smaller time increments.

Yeah looks like Kojima dropped a game that doesn’t fit in the current instant gratification ADD lack of patience and development climate we live in.

And off of that he has my respect alone.

I ended up getting Death Stranding from a B1G1 free promo they were running for Veteran’s Day at the NEX. It’s staying in the wrapper until I get through Bloodbstained, Days Gone, and possibly another GoW playthrough. I’m glad to see a lot of you guys liking it. It looks ridiculously good from a graphics standpoint.

in addition, I love building bridges, setting up ladders, ropes, highways, etc knowing other people can use them.

everytime someone’s uses your equipment you get notified and it shows their PSN. You can also visit your stuff and see how many “likes” it got. If someone used it, you automatically get a “like”.

you can post signs saying you put down a ladder, a warning sign, steep hill sign, BT sign, etc.

its a great feeling when I built a bridge over a river for people to cross and a few hours later I saw that over 40+ people used it. It makes me want to build more stuff lol.
So if I get this game months down the road, will the "environment" be filled with items, tips, signs, etc gamers have left already?

Back
Top Bottom