The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I wonder if we need to make a FF7 Remake thread so all of you "spoiler tag boyz" can finally freely discuss the game without spoiler hiding everything in this thread :lol:

I'm looking forward to the Season Pass content in the future. :pimp:
EVr5omfUcAAfok1.jpg

Loving FF7 so far but I feel like I'm blowing through it too fast (although I'm only on like chapter 4 :lol:). Might buy Persona 5 Royal or replay KH3 to hold me over for a bit

I just beat FF7 Remake. I give it a 9.5/10

This is probably the best FF game since FF X, imo. The combat is what FF XV should have been. The cast is great and I enjoyed the banter between the characters, especially Cloud and Barrett. They really did a great job fleshing out Team Avalanche. I never cared for them in the original, they were just there but this time around I really was sad when they died...or didn't die, I'm not sure if Wedge survived twice. They somehow saved Biggs, please save Jessie too. The music is great too. I was hoping they would have allowed Uematsu to compose the OST in its entirety but Hamauzu (FF X and FF XIII) did a great job. My only gripes were the janky camera angles during combat, aerial combat in general, and them showing Sephiroth as much as they did. I didn't think it was necessary to include that much, hell I think it would have been better if they didn't show him at all but I know people would act out. I also thought some of the boss fights toward them end were sluggish and sponge-like. The boss on the bike and the Arsenal had me bored out of mind. I'm sure like everything else there are ways to beat them in a timely manner but I feel like I fought them dudes for about 15-30 minutes doing minimal damage.

I can't wait to see what they do with Part 2. I'd love to immediately pick up where we left off but I'm not sure how they're going to handle your player's level, materia, gil, weapons etc. It's going to feel cheap if I start from level 7 again with nothing but then you might be OP if you're keep your level and stats. Maybe they can scale enemies to your level based on an imported save. Also how will it work for people who foolishly skip Part 1 and go straight to Part 2? I was thinking they could take a Godfather Part II approach and have playable flashback sessions from Crisis Core. It seems like Zack is going to play a part in the sequel. SE should just remaster Crisis Core to help us with the wait. Hopefully we find out before Summer 2022.

FINAL FANTASY BACK :smokin

Last edited:
There is an official Final Fantasy Thread someone made a few years back we could probably grave dig...

And I've finally dug the grave AND necro'd the thread, bois

Time to unleash those FF7 Remake spoilers in there, I guess

With the Final Fantasy thread necro'd AND hopefully FF7 Remake talk starts to move over there, time to return to the general topic of the thread

Man they better drop $499 and just take the L. $549 is just an odd number imo.

It seems like PS4s were in and out of stock for months after it dropped. I’m gonna be hot if I can’t lock in a PS5 pre-order.

Man they better drop $499 and just take the L. $549 is just an odd number imo.

It seems like PS4s were in and out of stock for months after it dropped. I’m gonna be hot if I can’t lock in a PS5 pre-order.

Time to dust off the ol' cart bot, Ricky D Ricky D .............. it is PS4 release day all over again when these come out. Quickstrike insanity

Time to dust off the ol' cart bot, Ricky D Ricky D .............. it is PS4 release day all over again when these come out. Quickstrike insanity

Im assuming that stores will take pre-orders in June. I'll go to GameStop and try to get it pre-ordered there. If not, I'll try Amazon or Walmart.

If I fall there, too, I'll just wait a few months to get it.

Jason Schreier is leaving Kotaku.

Sad; basically the reason I followed the site. He does great work. He has seemed to push a bit of an agenda recently, but still does video game journalism better than anyone else in the industry.

Back
Top Bottom