The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Thanks. Yeah, I turned off all the lamps and then Barrett asked if I wanted to get the materias. So I went back to try and get them, but couldn't figure it out. I will give it a try tonight.
Go to h-1, a platform there will move you to one of the materias.

Idk how to explain how to get to the other one from h-1

Just youtube 'light my way (the name of the mission) ff7 and click on the 40 minute video and fast forward to where you're stuck

Almost got the plat for mlb the show. Once I’m done gonna try and hook the sound up on my PS4 and then go back to playing rdr2. Don’t know if I have the patience to plat that bad boy

If Sony or Microsoft ever force on us onto a all digital download only console in the future console gens I'm done with console gaming.

You say done with console gaming like you’ll be able to get physical games elsewhere.

I’m tempted to cop FF7. I’ve been maining cloud in ultimate too so I feel a bond to him :lol:

I’m up to Demon of hatred in Sekiro but don’t feel like touching that game until the summer when I’m out of school. Right now would prefer a game to chill with between breaks and think FF7 can do that for me. Only thing is I know it’ll be on super sale in a few months time so I feel wasteful copping at retail.

Anybody who bought FF VII Remake but didn’t get the pre-order bonus summon? I got an extra code. First to DM me gets it! If nobody claims it by tomorrow I’ll just post for a lurker, it’s just a chocobo chick :lol:

thoughts?

Overall, the game really knocked it out of the park for me. That said I'd say the last 25% kind of dragged a bit. I have always hated the Shinra Tower part of VII though, so maybe it's just me. I think the sidequests were a bit generic and a fetchy.

The combat is GREAT. Rewarding you for planning and timing your attacks. The characters are very well realized without compromising their original models. I like the added story touches. My one gripe is that Square Enix (maybe just Nemura) cant just keep a story simple without adding some damn cloaked enemies and some existential philisophical babble. Anyway it was easy enough to follow but I just dont know where it's going.

Crazy that they added the CC stuff! I had anticipated it maybe later on but was happy to see them introduce Zack.

Anyway I'm rambling. I really enjoyed the game. Not a classic, but very good. Probably will hold off on a hard playthrough for a while. I think a mid 80's metacritic is accurate. Maybe high 80's.

Cant wait for Part 2

Spoiler for chapter 9
the song that plays while you’re in the coliseum waiting for your fights is so fire! I walked around aimlessly for a while just to hear it loop lol

Oh man.

I mentioned before that I've played ten hours of this game and that during that time the deja vu factor was low. It felt like I was playing a new game.

But man oh man. Chapter 8 was so much nostalgia bro. I felt like it was summer 2000 and I was back at my old apartment playing the original game. I was cheesing the whole time.

I still prefer ff7 not repeating beat for beat what the original did, but some stuff should stay the same.

If I have to nitpick a bit again, Aerith's voice is just a bit too bright and peppy. Just like how I complained about Barrett's voice, wish they could've toned down Aerith's voice just a little bit. A little bit of subtlely could've gone a long way for these two characters.

Last edited:
Is anyone going to try to Platinum Final Fantasy VII Remake? So far I love the game and can’t wait until the second part releases.

Is anyone going to try to Platinum Final Fantasy VII Remake? So far I love the game and can’t wait until the second part releases.
I will. I’ll continue playing while also playing other stuff. I think playing on Hard is going to be harder than I want. I’ll get it when I get it.

Everyone on FFVII, I just started Persona 5 Royal. I'm having a blast replaying this game although its much easier this time around, now that i know what I'm doing.

My DualShock 4 started drifting, so I gotta use the older DS4 with the weaker battery life, debating on getting a new DS4, but PS5 coming later this year.

Back
Top Bottom