The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Glad we're finally going to get to see next gen gameplay next Thursday from Xbox. Wonder if that means pre-orders will go live :nerd:

Patiently waiting on Sony... :ohwell:

I'm sure we'll see something from them next week too, hopefully |l

nawghty out here on media blackout for Mario story lines. :lol:
ThinObviousAmericanbittern-max-1mb.gif

5qE-lb.mp4

Glad we're finally going to get to see next gen gameplay next Thursday from Xbox. Wonder if that means pre-orders will go live :nerd:

Jason is reporting that we should see something in a few weeks.

PS5 using the same hard drive specs as PS4? I’ll do a day one swap if so.

For the internal drive no, PS5's internal drive will be much much faster and non removable.

1588344179573.png

For external drives yes, so if you have a external drive for PS4 games then you can use that on PS5 to store games but you're better off moving the game to the main drive to play them for faster load times.

1588344358641.png

I realized a while ago that having TBs worth of games is just overkill. When that PS5 SSD fills up, I'll delete something. I'm sure there will be 2-3 games that stay on it at all times but I'm not trying to make the same mistake I did with PS4 and have this unbeatable backlog. I have more than 400 games in my library :smh:

My external drive corrupted my PS4, so I made the same conclusion: just keep what I'm playing on the system.

This year has been great for getting through the backlog. I think Im almost halfway through the 520. :lol:

Doubt pre-orders go live until June the earliest.

I filled up my PS3 hard drive in about a year, PS4 in about 3 months. I'm not trying to take up space in the PS5 with 100+ GB PS4 games. I'll play PS4 games in my PS4 and PS5 games in the PS5.

I filled up my PS3 hard drive in about a year, PS4 in about 3 months. I'm not trying to take up space in the PS5 with 100+ GB PS4 games. I'll play PS4 games in my PS4 and PS5 games in the PS5.
You don't want the no load times and enhancements?

For the internal drive no, PS5's internal drive will be much much faster and non removable.

1588344179573.png

For external drives yes, so if you have a external drive for PS4 games then you can use that on PS5 to store games but you're better off moving the game to the main drive to play them for faster load times.

1588344358641.png
Should’ve worded the question better lol. But yeah you answered my concern as far as the internal hard drive goes.

Glad that's been cleared up.

No employee is trying sabotage their hard work like that.

Guys who leaked it going to get sued big time.

1588344179573.png

1588344358641.png

they will be removable/swappable, but you have to replace it with something thats faster than whats already in the ps5

they will be removable/swappable, but you have to replace it with something thats faster than whats already in the ps5

PS5 uses NVME SSDs, like this one.

The NVME in the PS5 is a custom made NVME that has a write speed of 5.5GB/s (8-9GB/s for compressed)... While what you get on the market is roughly ~3.5GB/s. Nothing is going to be faster, to my knowledge, than what Sony puts in there. From what Mark Cerny said, it seems that only specific NVMEs are going to be compatible with the PS5, and Sony will have an approved list. I would not be making any day one purchases for NVME swaps. I would wait.

I have to say, Detroit: BH is awesome. I am really enjoying it so far.

I recently started playing it again myself.

I'm enjoying it too.

Are all your characters still alive? :emoji_eyes:

I got Kara and Alice got in Zlatko's house because I couldn't find baby girl in time. :smh:

Last edited:
I realized a while ago that having TBs worth of games is just overkill. When that PS5 SSD fills up, I'll delete something. I'm sure there will be 2-3 games that stay on it at all times but I'm not trying to make the same mistake I did with PS4 and have this unbeatable backlog. I have more than 400 games in my library :smh:

I have a couple of games that have been sitting in my PS Store wishlist for years like AC: Origins.

Not picking them up until they're on deep sale (<$10).

I have several games now in my library that I haven't touched yet that I could've gotten for the low.

I guess we don't know :lol:

1588365717178.png

I always thought the internal drive will be integrated to the motherboard and you can expand it only with a drive 7 GB/s or faster.

These are the pics from Cerny's talk.
The drive looks too custom to replace and the 2nd slide says expandability as well but I guess we need to wait for confirmation.

Expandability will be better because of the price and it's also what the Xsex is doing

1588366276188.png

1588365839947.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom