The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

And for the biggest Nintendo fan boy troll on NT and on this thread:

uw2jO4N.jpg
I assume ur referring to me
I can’t even see the image

Master Zik Master Zik

Are you just going to wait for the ps5 at this point?
Umm yeah.

The plan was always to cop a bundle during black Friday or the holiday and then a dozen or so games depending what launches at the same time and of a price. Also with BC I can get some ps4 games I wanted to play.

Has anything changed? I'm still waiting for their first event and the whole reveal.

I got time with all my switch games and a few more to cop.

Rumor from Jeff Grubb is that the second event from Sony is planned for August. Thats probably when we’ll see the console design, launch date, and price.I’m predicting PS5 launch date is on 11-13-20. Reasons being:

-Thats a Friday and this gen all major game releases have launched on Friday’s compared to past gens when every major release launched on a Tuesday.
-That date is also about a week and half before Black Friday. No way Sony or Microsoft launches the week of or exact day of Black Friday which is on 11-27-20

Lets see if Microsoft shows their hand at next months inside XSex event and reveals the launch price.

Last edited:
Rumor from Jeff Grubb is that the second event from Sony is planned for August. Thats probably when we’ll see the console design, launch date, and price.I’m predicting PS5 launch date is on 11-13-20. Reasons being:

-Thats a Friday and this gen all major game releases have launched on Friday’s compared to past gens when every major release launched on a Tuesday.
-That date is also about a week and half before Black Friday. No way Sony or Microsoft launches the week of or exact day of Black Friday which is on 11-27-20

Lets see if Microsoft shows their hand at next months inside XSex event and reveals the launch price.

Yeah. PS4 released on the Friday before BF & I totally agree they would not launch on BF.

It just wouldn't correlate to safe experience/good media for Sony with the foot traffic that will occur on that day.

PO

Got the plat in AC: Odyssey. While I liked Origins better, this game was still extremely good. Now on to the DLC!

I wanted to do a TLoU run before 2 drops, but Im almost more happy to go in cold, and into a different genre of game. I hope to have the DLC wrapped up by the 19th.

Not at release. I want to see reviews and get an idea of what to expect.

I just grabbed Death Stranding and Borderlands 3 off the Days of Play sale, so those will tide me over until fall. Also have to do my hard run of FF7 Remake.

Come on bruh, I wanna see the console and price tomorrow. Eff waiting for august

It was in Cerny's talk.

1591778701728.png

Yes, I've seen that.

"We 'believe' that the 'overwhelming majority' of PS4 games 'will' be playable on PS5."

Like, what am I supposed to get from this? The only thing I can get for sure is that PS5 won't have native backwards compatibility like the launch PS3, where you could put PS1 and PS2 discs in it and play the game upscaled to HD.

But in a way I'm kind of glad that there will still be a reason to still keep my PS4.

Yes, I've seen that.

"We 'believe' that the 'overwhelming majority' of PS4 games 'will' be playable on PS5."

Like, what am I supposed to get from this? The only thing I can get for sure is that PS5 won't have native backwards compatibility like the launch PS3, where you could put PS1 and PS2 discs in it and play the game upscaled to HD.

But in a way I'm kind of glad that there will still be a reason to still keep my PS4.
That's just the language to keep yourself out of trouble.
If you say everything works and few games don't then you could be be setting yourself up for a class action lawsuit.

The tests will confirm that PS5 boost mode doesn't break the game and even if it won't work on boost mode then the PS5 has PS4 pro and PS4 legacy mode for the game to run as it does now on current gen consoles.

1591784138013.png

Same thing is happening on the other side.

Me personally, I'm not worried about PS4 games running on PS5. I think that's a given.
What I want is for old games to be able to take advantage of the extra power.

Something like Driveclub which didn't even get a PS4 pro mode will probably be stuck in the PS4 legacy mode but it'll be good if they can get it to 60fps but I doubt it since the framerate is locked and there's no one to patch the game.

Back
Top Bottom