The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

was today suppose to be e3???

Yeah, and this past weekend would've been the start of the original press conferences for both Microsoft and Sony revealed the Series X and PS5 respectively.

Nintendo's "E3 Direct" would've been today OR tomorrow as well based on previous E3 schedulings

I really doubt they have an hour's worth of trailers and gameplay to show off and then have another event just to show what the console looks like?

Nah, I think we will get the console and price reveal tomorrow along with launch window games and previews of games to come in the first year. If they are still on track for holiday 2020 its only 6 months away. The ps4 and ps3 were shown almost a year prior to release. They will still keep it to Holiday 2020 and pre-orders will probably start in August along with a final release date. Most likely November.

Would feel rushed since the presentation will be a little over an hour.

They will have the developers of the games talk about the games, show gameplay footage, etc.

Maybe a 1 or 2 big game reveals.

Not expecting much else tomorrow.

I really doubt they have an hour's worth of trailers and gameplay to show off and then have another event just to show what the console looks like?

Nah, I think we will get the console and price reveal tomorrow along with launch window games and previews of games to come in the first year. If they are still on track for holiday 2020 its only 6 months away. The ps4 and ps3 were shown almost a year prior to release. They will still keep it to Holiday 2020 and pre-orders will probably start in August along with a final release date. Most likely November.

PS4 console design and price wasn't shown until E3 the year it was released. I can't remember PS3 :lol:
But another event for console design and price won't surprise me since price is a big issue. They will try to delay that as much as possible I think.

On the other hand, they were airing adverts for this show on TV so who knows, we might see it.

was today suppose to be e3???
Yea June 9th to 11th

Got a year of ps plus from that days of play sale.

Any games y'all recommend?

Thinking about getting that predators game.

Last edited:
Battlefront actually plays like a Battlefield game.

Outer Worlds is 50% off if you like Fallout-style RPG's. Obsidian does a great job; they were the studio behind New Vegas.

Dudes in 2020 worried about playing outdated games from yesteryears can’t make this up. Just give me new games with better graphics and performance.

Agreed 100% SpittaJetLife SpittaJetLife - come up with some new damn games and innovate with the gameplay. Just keep your old PS3, PS4, XBoxes instead of sending them to landfills if you really need to play an 'old' game every now and then. I've grew up on Atari, NES, Genesis, N64, etc... and I damn near looked forward to the NEW content that came out with each of those joints.

eh i wanna play my marvel vs capcom 2 game i bought digitally
and that capcom origins which had marvel vs capcom 1 in it

My G nawghtyhare nawghtyhare your complaint's definitely a valid concern as it deals with digital content. I agree with you that digital content SHOULD persist.

I can't decipher hybridsoldier23 hybridsoldier23 but you know I'll be checking for anything that fits that tomorrow. :lol:

Hoping to see:

Gran Tourismo 7
New Batman (hopefully Court of Owls)
Anything FF
New God of War
New Horizon
Anything by Housemarque
Starfield maybe?

Agreed 100% SpittaJetLife SpittaJetLife - come up with some new damn games and innovate with the gameplay. Just keep your old PS3, PS4, XBoxes instead of sending them to landfills if you really need to play an 'old' game every now and then. I've grew up on Atari, NES, Genesis, N64, etc... and I damn near looked forward to the NEW content that came out with each of those joints.
Why would I want over a dozen consoles to play games I enjoy when I can possibly play most of them on one?

You making no sense with that.

Besides what I gotta cop after HDMI-1 through HDMI-3, AV-1 through AV-2, and USB are all filled?

Like dudes are missing the complete draw to backwards compatibility.

PS5 wishes.
1. New Fight Night Game
2. New NBA Street
3. New Def Jam Vendetta
4. Spider-Man 2
5. New Uncharted
6. New God of War
7. New GTA

Predictions

Horizon 2
Demon's Souls (Bluepoint joins Playstation Studios)
Godfall
GT 7
Housemarque game
Silent Hill or RE 8
3rd party reveal
Japan Studio quirky game.
New IP from Sony Santa Monica (Only trailer with no gameplay)
We see the console
No Price
Mostly focused on games, unsure we'll see much about features.

Pie in the sky: New IP reveal from IO

Last edited:
For those who have messaged me regarding tomorrow I’d love to say more about what’s going to be shown tomorrow but I can’t :frown:

I will say I am excited for you all to see P****** A****
Oh snap! PlayStation Allstars confirmed!

Or

PetPals AnimalDoctor?
Paranoia Agent?
Pokemon: Azul? Exclusive!
Prince of Asia? (From the dudes that gave you Prince of Persia)
Prison Architect?
Puzzle Agent 3? Exclusive!
Project ***?

:nerd:

Why would I want over a dozen consoles to play games I enjoy when I can possibly play most of them on one?

You making no sense with that.

Besides what I gotta cop after HDMI-1 through HDMI-3, AV-1 through AV-2, and USB are all filled?

Like dudes are missing the complete draw to backwards compatibility.

You play on OG hardware with OG controllers - you get the experience that the game developers intended. They make HDMI switches plus there are upscalers and HDMI mods for older systems. You don't even need to keep all the systems connected. Just store the consoles away and connect them as needed. Just my $0.02.

Back
Top Bottom