The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Any update on if and where I can go day of to cop?

preferably target?
I believe most retailers are selling them online only with in store pick up. However, I did hear that some Costco locations would have units available for purchase in store.

Just got shipment confirmation from Playstation Direct for the PS5.

Screenshot_20201108-192031.jpg

Someone snagged a digital early of a reseller. Thing looks skinny as hell haha

Attachments

• D277CD59-BC65-4274-B617-376768704C8B.png
    D277CD59-BC65-4274-B617-376768704C8B.png
    1 MB · Views: 397
GS called me and dude on the phone sounded nervous. I got nervous too because he was stuttering so I'm thinking he had some bad news. Just let me know that I can pick up my headset and that I can pick that big sexy mfer up Thursday morning. :pimp:
You got game. Where you taking him to dinner?

Perks of HDMI 2.1? Also not sure if true, but I heard PS5 only supports 60Hz?

-Increased bandwidth which will allow 4k 120hz on games that support it
-Auto low latency mode (ALLM) automatically puts your tv in game mode when gaming and will disable it when you switch to media on the PS5 like Netflix, Hulu, etc.
-Dynamic HDR
-eARC which will allow you to send the highest bitrate audio (like Dolby Atmos) over HDMI to compatible A/V receivers and soundbars
-Variable refresh rate (VRR) which is currently not supported on PS5 but is on the new Xboxs. Hopefully, Sony adds this soon.

Also, rtings.com is the best place to go for tv research.

Last edited:
Damn Target still waiting for my red debit card and that $40 off coupon to use on this Buy 2 get 1 free sale going on right now.

Will get NBA 2K21 Mamba edtion, cyberpunk, and either Godfall or COD

Are gaming monitor options w/ 2.1 HDMI not readily available? I've been on the hunt to get a secondary option for my setup at home, but can't find anything.

Assuming that since 2.1 HDMI functionality is newer, we won't be seeing many options till next year.

They will be expensive.
Monitors have also lagged on HDR support compared to TV's.

If it's in your budget then maybe you can use LG's 48" CX as a monitor ?
I've seen a few people do it now.

Perks of HDMI 2.1? Also not sure if true, but I heard PS5 only supports 60Hz?

PS5 supports 120 Hz
Few games already confirmed.

Wanna see ps4 games speed test from a usb-c external ssd.

Digital Foundry video any day now hopefully but I think any SATA SSD will be fine.

If I have a 1080p monitor that supports 144hz but doesn’t have HDMI 2.1, will I get up to 120fps on games that support that output? Is HDMI just to get 4k120fps?

Yea HDMI 2.0b has enough bandwidth for 1080p/120 so you should be fine

Wouldn't surprise me if some people get their PS5's tomorrow, similar to some people getting XSex's already.

Some in Australia have received their consoles.

Back
Top Bottom