The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Well I still have yet to platinum FF7 on PS4 so I'll do that soon. I don't remember it as much as some of you guys. I haven't played it to completion since 2006. I just feel like Midgar only took like a few hours. Like don't you leave Midgar after doing that mission with Avalanche? The one where you go and blow up the reactor core or something like that?

Yo should we start using spoilers, is there anybody who has never played FF7 :nerd:

you leave midgar after going to the shinra tower, you escape on a motorcycle. at the shinra tower you fight like 4 boss fights. sephiroth kills the president of shinra so you thats when you start looking for him on the open world...it is only a few hours but as a kid it felt long lol. even when i replayed it on ps3 it felt like midgar took a while.

Well I still have yet to platinum FF7 on PS4 so I'll do that soon. I don't remember it as much as some of you guys. I haven't played it to completion since 2006. I just feel like Midgar only took like a few hours. Like don't you leave Midgar after doing that mission with Avalanche? The one where you go and blow up the reactor core or something like that?

Yo should we start using spoilers, is there anybody who has never played FF7 :nerd:
There's gotta be a few. 23 years though. Spoilers I feel like shouldn't be applied here.

you leave midgar after going to the shinra tower, you escape on a motorcycle. at the shinra tower you fight like 4 boss fights. sephiroth kills the president of shinra so you thats when you start looking for him on the open world...it is only a few hours but as a kid it felt long lol. even when i replayed it on ps3 it felt like midgar took a while.
It’s like 3-4 hours. Depending what you do. At least for me anyway.

Only thing stopping me from the plat is that damn date with Barret

I was thinking the same thing but then I thought it was confirmed to be 2 parts.

I'm prepared to drop roughly a stack next holiday season. I know I'll end up getting both systems again :smh:

Where do you expect to find the time to play 2 systems? Do you work or go to school?
I never understood getting more than 1 system a generation. I barely have time to play a few hours a week let alone 2 systems.

Where do you expect to find the time to play 2 systems? Do you work or go to school?
I never understood getting more than 1 system a generation. I barely have time to play a few hours a week let alone 2 systems.
I make time. Gaming is my main hobby. I get off work around 5, make it home by 6. Hop on the game from about 8-10,11 on weekdays and probably can manage 10 hours on the weekend. Not to mention being that I'm in the Army, I get at least 4 day weekend a month. I'm currently deployed and work 12 hour shifts. Aside from online college classes, which I do at work, there's more than enough time for me to game :lol: My wife and kids play games as well so there's that too :lol:

Last edited:
I make time. Gaming is my main hobby. I get off work around 5, make it home by 6. Hop on the game from about 8-10,11 on weekdays and probably can manage 10 hours on the weekend. Not to mention being that I'm in the Army, I get at least 4 day weekend a month. I'm currently deployed and work 12 hour shifts. Aside from online college classes, which I do at work, there's more than enough time for me to game :lol: My wife and kids play games as well so there's that too :lol:
word you gotta make time. I work 12hrs a day 3 days a week on my work days i get off at 7am get home by 720am shower eat and play from about 8am to 10am. On my off days i play from when my wife leaves from work /kids leave for school around 7 am to about noon then nap. Weekends i wait til they go to sleep then on from about 9 pm to when i get tired lol.

Man the lack of Splinter Cell is crazy. You'd think that they'd capitalize on the MGS fiasco. I guess we'll have to wait for next gen.

word you gotta make time. I work 12hrs a day 3 days a week on my work days i get off at 7am get home by 720am shower eat and play from about 8am to 10am. On my off days i play from when my wife leaves from work /kids leave for school around 7 am to about noon then nap. Weekends i wait til they go to sleep then on from about 9 pm to when i get tired lol.
Yessir. I'll always make time. Most of the time, my wife is right next to me on her iPad. We'll usually do some family stuff on the weekend and then on night it's game time :smokin

I decided to split my game time evenly with drumming and working out/taking care of myself :lol:

But I agree you can make time if you really want to and can do it without losing yourself in it. One thing I will say is that when I get a sec to sit down and really get into a game I enjoy it. No time for nit picking or worrying about what reviews say or what reddit is up in arms about I just have great time and keep it pushing :pimp:

Y’all be hating on me sometimes but that is why I enjoy everything

I decided to split my game time evenly with drumming and working out/taking care of myself :lol:

But I agree you can make time if you really want to and can do it without losing yourself in it. One thing I will say is that when I get a sec to sit down and really get into a game I enjoy it. No time for nit picking or worrying about what reviews say or what reddit is up in arms about I just have great time and keep it pushing :pimp:

Y’all be hating on me sometimes but that is why I enjoy everything
only review or opinion that matters when it comes to video games are mines :pimp:

I feel you on taking care of yourself. Luckily for me even if I take some gym time off, my job requires me to do physical training (PT) every morning, 5 days a week :lol:
I also like to watch sports and then of course I'm at my kids' sporting and school events. Hell these days I feel like I earn my gaming time :lol:

Summon materia is dlc...$329 jeez

The bike being the statue makes me think about it only being midgar again lol

That’s an expensive collectors edition for a game coming out in parts

FF VIII REMASTER

I put over 200 hours into this game as a kid. I wonder what upgrades a remaster will get.
They'll probably be similar to FF7 & 9. I just reminded myself that it's a remaster not a remake like 7 :lol:

Back
Top Bottom