The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

is the 825gb whats left available after operating system
or is that before the OS??

nawghtyhare nawghtyhare could've sworn they're running a 1TB SSD - so that 825GB is what's actually usable (which is actually honest marketing). :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

I've got a 1TB SSD in my PS4 Pro and that's more or less what's available to me after the OS install (~830-840GB).

Don't be mad cuz no one is in the Nintendo thread talkin about how they still play and enjoy games from their childhood. I don't see anyone clamoring to do a yearly play through of Majora's Mask or Perfect Dark in there.
That's exactly what we're anticipating for the Zelda anniversary next year just like we were a bit impatient for the Mario announcement this year.

Last edited:
Finally getting some story points broadened in Death Stranding.

I stole a MULE truck and proceeded to stockpile so many materials in the box I was able to rebuild the entire length of highway in the area. :lol:
All the years of cursing out city road crews has caused me to dedicate my time fixing roads in a video game.

your usual suspects derailing a thread

cant wait until tomorrow this apple event today will hold me over until tomorrow hope they announce same day pre ordering when the announcement happens tomorrow.

I would honestly be surprised if they launch at $450/350, but that would be a pleasant surprise. I would imagine they are gonna try to get as close to the price as the S as possible even if they are taking an L, but it's important not to price it too low initially especially considering how it's more powerful than an S. They have a strong enough brand where they could get away with selling inferior hardware at the same price like Apple though so we will see soon...

Finally getting some story points broadened in Death Stranding.

I stole a MULE truck and proceeded to stockpile so many materials in the box I was able to rebuild the entire length of highway in the area. :lol:
All the years of cursing out city road crews has caused me to dedicate my time fixing roads in a video game.

Truth is the game can be extremely frustrating without those roads. Especially once you get into the mountainous terrain. The vehicle handling is quite poor also.

Off the shelf components not as good as what's in the PS5. That's why they been shouting from the rooftops about it.

Still have my doubts about their claims. Samsung EVO drives (currently some of the best rated) cost more than the PS4 Pro in 1TB sizes.

In any case it's good that they made the move to SSD. I would be lying to you if I told you that the SSD on PS4 Pro was not worth it.

Disregard the 8TB SSD information as I think the content producers were being a bit satirical but the game loading times and the texture loading times are 100% accurate:

If you don't get your Karen *** the **** out of here.

Come to OUR party and tell us the music is too loud? Nobody invited YOU :stoneface:

1600189850435.png

This post giving me OG PS3 thread vibes

Boost definitely had his shirt off when he typed this.

Still have my doubts about their claims. Samsung EVO drives (currently some of the best rated) cost more than the PS4 Pro in 1TB sizes.

In any case it's good that they made the move to SSD. I would be lying to you if I told you that the SSD on PS4 Pro was not worth it.

Disregard the 8TB SSD information as I think the content producers were being a bit satirical but the game loading times and the texture loading times are 100% accurate:

No Samsung EVO or Pro currently out hits 5.5 GB/s read/write speeds. There is a 7 GB/s version coming out but even then read/write speed is just half the equation.

Sony basically looked at the entire pipeline of data moving from the SSD to RAM to be used by the CPU/GPU and removed all the bottlenecks by including custom hardware and software.

Imagine getting a Lambo and then removing traffic lights, speed limits and other cars from the road. It will be faster to reach your destination than a F1 car in traffic.

Bottlenecks is why putting an SSD in a PS4 or PS4 Pro doesn't get you a big jump in loading times.

That 5.5 GB/s is the average speed. With data compression, that can be doubled to around 11GB/s and maximum it can reach is 22 GB/s but that won't be representative of real loading but who knows if they can improve it.

This video explains it well.

We posted a ton of Team Teamwork songs in this thread around the PS3 era. Such a cool concept:

I still sometimes hear M.O.P in my head when I hear FF7 battle music. :lol:

That's exactly where I heard the mixes the first time. Good times back then. I still enjoy them when they come up in my queue. :pimp:

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim is getting really good reviews.

RTS is a new genre for Vanillaware I think, but it looks like I may enjoy it. Definitely grab it down the line.

1600194525950.png

Back
Top Bottom