The Oscars: 2024's 96th Academy Awards, 7:00pm March 10th ABC

Again though, how do you know Will is more mad with Chris than August? :lol:

Something happened in real time with Will in the same room with Chris and he did something. Yall don't have anything to compare that to with Will and August.

You weird dude.

Went from making **** up about Will to make it seem like Will decided to pick on Chris instead of August.

If Chris is 100lb then August is 90lb and aint he missing a kidney or some ****? None of them are physical threats.

Stop trying to make this seem like Will chose to pick on the weaker person :lol:
What am I making up? August is also a street ***** from Louisiana who I guarantee wasn't just gonna not retaliate when Will hit him and no I'm not saying August would beat up Will but he'd certainly fight back. Will was the weaker person. He picked on an easy target. If y'all follow his YouTube series dude talks a lot of putting about a facade and living up to this perfect image basically Will holds/had held a lot in his life. It was lame to attack a fellow black icon like that who he knew wasn't a threat. He wouldn't have done this is the rock was presenting. It's lame no matter which way you look at it.

As much as I am entertained by the whole spectacle of the thing i'm glad Chris just let it be.
Agreed. Hopefully this lights a spark in Chris and we get some classic comedy material. The last few comedy specials I've seen from Rock have not been good imo.

I mean they can just ignore it or claim they accept Will's apology.

No real reason for any sort of punishment over this.

I don't see how Will coming back implies what he did was okay.

That's why I started this by asking if they're going to pretend like nothing happened

What happened was not okay and they need to condemn it

They can't just allow people to do this as long as they just give some half assed apology

So I really don't think black people need the presence of white people to feel they need to conduct themselves a certain way. Most black people in attendance though, behaved well.
I didn't say they "need it."

Like I said I think the idea of wanting represent your community in a positive way is a good instinct to have.

I'm not saying you can't act right without this instinct.

Will's actions are his own. He made himself look a bit foolish. But what you are requesting is not standards of conduct, because most black people tonight met them, you seem to want perfection.

Sure yah they are his own,

but like I said I still wanna see people in my community act right and not look crazy infront of millions of people.

I don't think that's asking for perfection.

The same goes for positive actions.

If I felt pride because Bradford Young was the first black cinematographer to be nominated for best cinematographer a few years ago

Yes Bradford's Young's accomplishments are his own,

but I like to see black people performing on a high level and representing their community in a positive way.

If you can feel pride from positive representation
Seems reasonable to be dissapointed in negative representation.

Regardless of the opinion of white racists.

First of all Will would have did the same thing to a white comedian idk why they are throwing that out their

Me personally I still feel some type of way of how Will made himself look with that whole situation

We couldn’t even get a “**** August “ out of Will during the whole ordeal
August was out here doing promo runs and interviews :lol::lol::lol:

But it’s Chris that need to watch his mouth
TFOH Will
I feel like during that Will was more focused on Jada's wrong cuz they were now back together.

Plus throughout he kept hinting that he he would get her back which lines up with rumors that he's been smashing other ppl.

While the Will Smith/Chris Rock fiasco has been highly sports entertaining, what's lost in all the shenanigans is the fact that another black man took home an Oscar for best actor.

This in the same year that we lost the first black actor win a Best Actor Academy Award, Bahamian legend Sidney Poitier no less.

It's sad that this accomplishment will be an afterthought in all this mess.

While the Will Smith/Chris Rock fiasco has been highly sports entertaining, what's lost in all the shenanigans is the fact that another black man took home an Oscar for best actor.

This in the same year that we lost the first black actor win a Best Actor Academy Award, Bahamian legend Sidney Poitier no less.

It's sad that this accomplishment will be an afterthought in all this mess.
Thank you. I've said that a few times in here. He overshadowed his own night with that bs. No one is talking about his Oscar, just the slap smh

Reactions: DLF
I didn't say they "need it."

Like I said I think the idea of wanting represent your community in a positive way is a good instinct to have.

I'm not saying you can't act right without this instinct.

If you want me to not make assumptionss on what you mean, and strictly go what you literally said, then do the same for elpablo21 elpablo21

Sure yah they are his own,

but like I said I still wanna see people in my community act right and not look crazy infront of millions of people.

I don't think that's asking for perfection.

The same goes for positive actions.

If I felt pride because Bradford Young was the first black cinematographer to be nominated for best cinematographer a few years ago

Yes Bradford's Young's accomplishments are his own,

but I like to see black people performing on a high level and representing their community in a positive way.

If you can feel pride from positive representation
Seems reasonable to be dissapointed in negative representation.

Regardless of the opinion of white racists.

I made a point earlier about me not looking forward to seeing the image of two brothers getting into it being blasted everywhere. That is understandable. I don't look forward to the upcoming and unfair nastiness.

But how I read your post, I think you went beyond that point to argue some 'better act right so white people won't judge the community' type steez.

You, and millions of others saw multiple black people act right tonight. If someone forms a negative opinion based on Will Smith's actions, one person, they were not interested in giving a fair chance anyway. And put the blame for that on the black people, even Will, then you are asking for perfection. That was the context of Pablo's objection.

Last edited:
Chris was probably expecting him to grab the mic or something.

Regarding non-life-threatening events, this may be top 3 biggest situations in American history. A-lister slaps another A-lister on stage at one of the biggest events with multiple 4k cameras angles. Almost every YouTuber l follow did a stream on it immediately or announced that they'll discuss it tomorrow.

Idk if this is legit or not but it seems like Will been ready to slap dudes all day

Will was gone get his release by any means. Hate it just had to be rock who got it... Will said he tired of the beta jokes lol

Yeah, ppl keep saying oh Will snapped and took it out on Chris.

Nah.

Will decided to do all that in that moment. That's what's crazy. The acceptance speech should've made it obvious.

But dudes keep thinking he's some harmless beta.
Yup. His acceptance speech was classic DARVO. To the T. Dude got problems :smh:

What am I making up?
Will Smith was never suicidal over an Oscar loss or catering to whites in movie roles to win awards.

You probably read one thing and made that up.

In his book, he said he was suicidal growing up. He also said he contemplated murdering his father.
August is also a street ***** from Louisiana who I guarantee wasn't just gonna not retaliate when Will hit him and no I'm not saying August would beat up Will but he'd certainly fight back. Will was the weaker person. He picked on an easy target. If y'all follow his YouTube series dude talks a lot of putting about a facade and living up to this perfect image basically Will holds/had held a lot in his life. It was lame to attack a fellow black icon like that who he knew wasn't a threat. He wouldn't have done this is the rock was presenting. It's lame no matter which way you look at it.
A street ***** from Louisiana missing a kidney and got lupus is still a ***** missing a kidney and got lupus.

All that **** on Will's social media is quasi cult talk to fool the ignorant masses susceptible to that ****. I don't believe he believes it.

Did yall not listen to his acceptance speech? Mans talking about always leading with love and peace 15 min earlier smacked the **** out of a comedian for a GI Jane joke. He chose violence.

If you want me to not make assumptionss on what you mean, and strictly go what you literally said, then do the same for elpablo21 elpablo21

I made a point earlier about me not looking forward to seeing the image of two brothers getting into it being blasted everywhere. That is understandable. I don't look forward to the upcoming and unfair nastiness.

But how I read your post, I think you went beyond that point to argue some 'better act right so white people won't judge the community' type steez.

You, and millions of others saw multiple black people act right tonight. If someone forms a negative opinion based on Will Smith's actions, one person, we're not interested in giving a fair chance anyway. And put the blame for that on the black people, then you are asking for perfection.
Mind you. Will Smith himself has been in the public eye for decades and has acted to a high standard in the eyes of most people in general in that time

God forbid he make a misstep.

This is the moment...that we really need to take the time to remember how this will effect the perceptions of our community?

Do we not see how silly this all sounds?

Last edited:
Will Smith was never suicidal over an Oscar loss or catering to whites in movie roles to win awards.

You probably read one thing and made that up.

In his book, he said he was suicidal growing up. He also said he contemplated murdering his father.

A street ***** from Louisiana missing a kidney and got lupus is still a ***** missing a kidney and got lupus.

All that **** on Will's social media is quasi cult talk to fool the ignorant masses susceptible to that ****. I don't believe he believes it.

Did yall not listen to his acceptance speech? Mans talking about always leading with love and peace 15 min earlier smacked the **** out of a comedian for a GI Jane joke
I'm confused do you disagree that August wouldn't have fought back? Also, most people who follow Will know he isn't soft I mean we saw him smack that supporter for being suspect once, the Philly came out. Will just picked an easy target in Chris. I'd rather him do this to off camera.

Chris was probably expecting him to grab the mic or something.

Regarding non-life-threatening events, this may be top 3 biggest situations in American history. A-lister slaps another A-lister on stage at one of the biggest events with multiple 4k cameras angles. Almost every YouTuber l follow did a stream on it immediately or announced that they'll discuss it tomorrow.
Yeap that **** was content gold for them

Chris Rock could have ended Will's career if he wanted to.. just with some jokes. He could have rattled off 2 maybe 3 jokes that would have had Will storming back up on the stage if he slapped him over THAT.

He got triggered ON THE NIGHT YOU WON BEST ACTOR by Chris Rock.

Imagine Sidney Poitier slapping Richard Pryor on worldwide TV.

Back
Top Bottom