The Oscars: 2024's 96th Academy Awards, 7:00pm March 10th ABC

Being on nt, I see why so many women, especially black women don't feel safe or protected by our generation. The men of my parents generation and before be ready to die about they wife for the smallest **** :lol:
But no one is saying Will is wrong for standing up for his wife... Y'all be purposely twisting people's points to fit your narratives... Will was well within his rights as a father and husband to get at Chris for the joke. We're just saying he could've done it backstage/off-camera.

I'm going to be honest, I lost respect for Chris Rock after this weird ****. :lol:
nbakoberock.gif
I miss Mamba man smh

the way I read it, when he says it's not a will problem it's a white person problem because x white people are racist
i could vbe wrong but it sounds to me like an excuse to abandon expectations,

yes some white people are racist and will tar black people with whatever negative situation they can find.
imo it's still a will problem, he's still the one behaving badly, regardless if racist will exaggerate the scope.

This is what he said...

Nobody give two ****s about what ignorant white people think of us when they already have bull**** perceptions about us to begin with.

That ain't a Will problem

That's a white person's problem

I don't see this as an excuse to abandon expectations.

Just simply saying that Will can't control an unreasonable white person's views.

Most black people in attendance tonight well behaved well. If Will behaved like the majority, that ignorant white person would still find a reason to right off the entire community.

well all these things are televised and beamed across the globe so every audience is a mixed audience.

I dunno subtracting race I think it's a good social expectation to have.
if you're a minority interacting with mixed company you want to represent yourself and your community well.

I don't see a problem with it, maybe it's just nigerian culture in me but that's the way I was raised and I think it's positive impulse.
remove white people, I feel the same way about visiting other non white countries, ect.

I want to represent my community well,
and I want people in my community to do the same, I think it's a good social expectation to have,

I was raised in a nearly all-black country too until I was 14. I then moved to a state in the US with the highest population of black people outside of the deep south. I am considering subtracting white people from the equation when I am thinking this through

Conducting yourself well in public is something that parents go hard on their kids about. In Lucia it is a common practice for kids to get beaten in school if they act up. Parents will leave their job at lunch come into schools to whip their kids for bad behavior. Black people remind their kids that they need to present themselves well in public. this is a country with hardly any white people around.

I came to America, and saw the same thing from numerous African American families. Let their kids act up in all-black company, and there is a problem.

Because black people feel that other black people should conduct themselves accordingly even in the absence of white people. There are general standards

If anything, I got warnings from other black people to watch himself and my anger around white people because of how I personally would be judged. And the consequences for me.

So I really don't think black people need the presence of white people to feel they need to conduct themselves a certain way. Most black people in attendance though, behaved well.

A white person could either form their opinion of black people on the actions of one, or the actions of the overwhelming majority. i would think a reasonable white person would see the majority, not the margin. An ignorant, racist, or unreasonable one would do the opposite.

Will's actions are his own. He made himself look a bit foolish. But what you are requesting is not standards of conduct, because most black people tonight met them, you seem to want perfection.

Yeah Chris was about to roast Will :smh:

Respect for Chris. He took the high road... He's better than me I would let all my August and Scientology jokes out the clip... Will probably would've beat my *** but at least I would've got my **** off lol

Ain’t no way I’m more upset with the dude that made a joke about my wife than the dude that ****ed my wife :lol::lol::lol::lol:
And yes people are going to have that question because how it was handled :lol::lol::lol:
Again though, how do you know Will is more mad with Chris than August? :lol:

Something happened in real time with Will in the same room with Chris and he did something. Yall don't have anything to compare that to with Will and August.
August Alsina slept with this mans wife and made a song about it afterwards yet all of his energy came out for 100 lb Chris Rock over a joke that had nothing to do with any of that? That's just not registering with me, Chris could've said something way worse. Congrats on ruining your image Will and now black twitter bout to go even harder with the August jokes smh.
You weird dude.

Went from making **** up about Will to make it seem like Will decided to pick on Chris instead of August.

If Chris is 100lb then August is 90lb and aint he missing a kidney or some ****? None of them are physical threats.

Stop trying to make this seem like Will chose to pick on the weaker person :lol:

I wouldn't have been able to help myself. He would've gotta so many jokes. I wouldve blacked. Would've unloaded the clip. Would've brought up Duane Martin and everything. Scorched earth. Natural reflex lol.

As much as I am entertained by the whole spectacle of the thing i'm glad Chris just let it be.
He was very professjonal

All I know is, I’m looking forward to comedians going in on will and jada now. Comedians won’t let this slide.

Like dave said “man I have made fun of Mexicans, blacks, women… but as soon as I say transgender they wanna cancel me”

Chris has said worse things in the past yet “real ones” in here talking about: yea I woulda done the same!

I'm not suggesting that they ban him for life or anything, but are they just going to imply that this is okay going forward?

I don't see how you can have him back next year without getting the two of them to pretend it was fake
I mean they can just ignore it or claim they accept Will's apology.

No real reason for any sort of punishment over this.

I don't see how Will coming back implies what he did was okay.

Again though, how do you know Will is more mad with Chris than August? :lol:

Something happened in real time with Will in the same room with Chris and he did something. Yall don't have anything to compare that to with Will and August.

You weird dude.

Went from making **** up about Will to make it seem like Will decided to pick on Chris instead of August.

If Chris is 100lb then August is 90lb and aint he missing a kidney or some ****? None of them are physical threats.

Stop trying to make this seem like Will chose to pick on the weaker person :lol:

Lol...right. We don't know what happened between Will and August. Or if Will even gave a **** being that he and jada were separated (according to them). But dudes just make up their own narratives and running with gossip which is weird as ****. Especially when it's "grown" men.

Last edited:
This is what he said...

I don't see this as an excuse to abandon expectations.

Just simply saying that Will can't control an unreasonable white person's views.

Most black people in attendance tonight well behaved well. If Will behaved like the majority, that ignorant white person would still find a reason to right off the entire community.

I was raised in a nearly all-black country too until I was 14. I then moved to a state in the US with the highest population of black people outside of the deep south. I am considering subtracting white people from the equation when I am thinking this through

Conducting yourself well in public is something that parents go hard on their kids about. In Lucia it is a common practice for kids to get beaten in school if they act up. Parents will leave their job at lunch come into schools to whip their kids for bad behavior. Black people remind their kids that they need to present themselves well in public. this is a country with hardly any white people around.

I came to America, and saw the same thing from numerous African American families. Let their kids act up in all-black company, and there is a problem.

Because black people feel that other black people should conduct themselves accordingly even in the absence of white people. There are general standards

If anything, I got warnings from other black people to watch himself and my anger around white people because of how I personally would be judged. And the consequences for me.

So I really don't think black people need the presence of white people to feel they need to conduct themselves a certain way. Most black people in attendance though, behaved well.

A white person could either form their opinion of black people on the actions of one, or the actions of the overwhelming majority. i would think a reasonable white person would see the majority, not the margin. An ignorant, racist, or unreasonable one would do the opposite.

Will's actions are his own. He made himself look a bit foolish. But what you are requesting is not standards of conduct, because most black people tonight met them, you seem to want perfection.
Yeah I'm not sure what osh kosh bosh osh kosh bosh is going on about. Nobody is talking about black folks need to completely abandon any type of decorum and morals because "**** white people"

I'm just so ****ing tired of hearing that any instance ONE person does something that crosses the line It becomes the onus of OTHER black people to coddle white people to tell them this isnt how ALL of us act.

Be a ****ing adult and have a world view bigger than ****ing Fox News.

It's a "bad look" for US? Man FOH with that

He was very professjonal

All I know is, I’m looking forward to comedians going in on will and jada now. Comedians won’t let this slide.

Like dave said “man I have made fun of Mexicans, blacks, women… but as soon as I say transgender they wanna cancel me”

Chris has said worse things in the past yet “real ones” in here talking about: yea I woulda done the same!
***** stop being weird. :lol: Enough of this **** man, I swear this username used to be normal till he started being weird and never looked back. This long covid?

Back
Top Bottom