The Oscars: 2024's 96th Academy Awards, 7:00pm March 10th ABC

The funny thing is that Will Smith used to be a comedian himself. It's weird that he can't take a joke. It was a pretty innocuous, inoffensive joke at that. Kind of disappointed that Will act it so childishly.
Are you married? If so, imagine your wife having a condition that causes her to be bald and she's super conscious about it and speaks about it openly to help other women going through it. Then imagine another man making a joke about it. You going to think it's innocuous and inoffensive?

(Flame suit on)

Using “how dare you, she has a medical condition” as an excuse when said condition is hair loss is pretty ridiculous. Especially when you consider she’s had short (shaved head) in past before alopecia and looks better than most women with hair anyways.

Whatever. I pray for her hair to grow back. Poor thing.
This is mansplaining hair loss for a woman smh

Like I said, that's on him for not doing his homework then. Either way, what he said was cross the line. Intentionally or not, it's still a flagrant 2.
The way y'all are talking y'all would think she had cancer. It's a hair loss condition. I know you're not naive. Will was laughing at the joke before he went on stage. Jada started humming Ambitionz as a Ridah and Will saw red.

Ricky Gervais would've said something much worse. Dude called all them actors out for being friends with Epstein when he hosted. Mans ain't gaf
I don’t follow any of them like that. Comments about Epstein… sounds well deserved to me.

Would they really come for a black woman like that personally. I can see the entanglement jokes but not a personal attack.

The way y'all are talking y'all would think she had cancer. It's a hair loss condition. I know you're not naive. Will was laughing at the joke before he went on stage. Jada started humming Ambitionz as a Ridah and Will saw red.
Hair loss for a woman is a huge thing. Wigs for women (and men to a lesser degree) have been a thing for centuries for a reason. Who are you to say she should just be cool with it?

I don’t follow any of them like that. Comments about Epstein… sounds well deserved to me.

Would they really come for a black woman like that personally. I can see the entanglement jokes but not a personal attack.
Ricky came at everybody. Black and white. He was legit hurting people's feelings, he's not the typical play it safe comic. You should YouTube his Oscars/golden globe monologues. Them actors were legitimately tight at his jokes.

I don't know the full history of the Oscars, but this was way worse....

Same. I don’t know an ounce of the oscars or the history. Tbf, I always mix up awards showing by calling this the Grammys or whatever. It’s just all just a high class circle jerk club, embezzled with shady stuff swept under a rug.

Spent some time reading about Roman, and holy ****…. The fact that the camera panned to Jack Nicholson is baffling. Idk if it was purposely or just ironic. ( for peeps who don’t know, Roman Polanski drugged and raped a girl at Jack’s crib while he was out skiing). Just all so strange.

Then my reading led down a rabbit hole of the Oscar’s ****ty memory lane. What a horrible academy tbh.

I only happened to be paying attention at this very moment when Smith smacked Chris. Otherwise, I’d just be choppin it up with my brother. Well I guess I tuned in to the best part. Hoping Will finds some help.

Hair loss for a woman is a huge thing. Wigs for women (and men to a lesser degree) have been a thing for centuries for a reason. Who are you to say she should just be cool with it?
Who is saying anyone be cool with it? There are actors that get offended at the jokes every year. Will has been getting harassed about Jada emasculating him for 2 years now. That slap wasn't about that joke, it was buildup from the whole entanglement thing and jada constantly professing her love for Tupac in public. Just makes Will look weak, he got ****olded by August Alsina and took it out on Rock. He is within his rights to protect his wife but he could've handled that backstage. No one is getting at Will for checking Chris. It's about how he did it.

Are you married? If so, imagine your wife having a condition that causes her to be bald and she's super conscious about it and speaks about it openly to help other women going through it. Then imagine another man making a joke about it. You going to think it's innocuous and inoffensive?
I mean yeah if someone made a random joke about my wife at a restaurant or grocery store hands would be thrown. But this is a damb awards show and Rock was doing a bit. If Will had a problem then handle that backstage or the after party. This was just as straight up foolery :smh:

I mean yeah if someone made a random joke about my wife at a restaurant or grocery store. But this is damb awards show and Rock was doing a bit. If Will had a problem then handle that backstage or the after party. This was just as straight up foolery :smh:

Well they are friends on top of that - and Will already had a convo with Chris prior about jokes on his wife.

Who is saying anyone be cool with it? There are actors that get offended at the jokes every year. Will has been getting harassed about Jada emasculating him for 2 years now. That slap wasn't about that joke, it was buildup from the whole entanglement thing and jada constantly professing her love for Tupac in public. Just makes Will look weak, he got ****olded by August Alsina and took it out on Rock. He is within his rights to protect his wife but he could've handled that backstage. No one is getting at Will for checking Chris. It's about how he did it.
You downplayed it by saying "Yall acting like it's cancer. It's just a hair loss condition." Sure, it's not cancer but it's a very sensitive subject that she's been open about. If Rock didn't do his homework on it, that's in him.

Agree Will could have handle it better. But I also understand wanting to slap fire from a man that just disrespected my wife in front of millions of people. I'd feel the same way. Maybe I'd control myself better, maybe I wouldn't.

There’s a reason why people buy Indian hair and turn it into wigs and extensions just to help with any health condition or situation they may deal with. People ignorant of someone’s condition or situation thinking it ain’t ish :smh:.

His speech and the crowd giving him a standing ovation was so cringey. Then you got A-List celebs consoling him like his biological father just left him :smh:

I didn't understand this one bit.... he was the one who walked on stage and assaulted Chris rock in front of everyone... I guess they felt bad about the whole situation is my guess...

it was an insensitive joke but Chris Rock is known for that comedy that's who he is... not saying he was right for saying that joke but not surprised either... and Will was out of line... I could understand him being angry but to slap Chris Rock in public at the Oscars wow that's crazy...Could have waited until after the show...imagine reaching the pinnacle of your career and ruining that moment over something petty.... People won't remember him for winning an Oscar but instead for slapping Chris Rock

I mean yeah if someone made a random joke about my wife at a restaurant or grocery store hands would be thrown. But this is a damb awards show and Rock was doing a bit. If Will had a problem then handle that backstage or the after party. This was just as straight up foolery :smh:
That wasn't just a random joke. That was a specific "joke" about something she's very sensitive and open about. If the argument is Will could have handled it better, I don't disagree. But skip me with the "Oh it was just an inoffensive joke. He's a comedian, he can do that. Will had to just take that." Na, words have consequences, even for comedians.

You downplayed it by saying "Yall acting like it's cancer. It's just a hair loss condition." Sure, it's not cancer but it's a very sensitive subject that she's been open about. If Rock didn't do his homework on it, that's in him.

Agree Will could have handle it better. But I also understand wanting to slap fire from a man that just disrespected my wife in front of millions of people. I'd feel the same way. Maybe I'd control myself better, maybe I wouldn't.
You're ignoring where Will was laughing at the joke until he saw Jada didn't like it. Don't go to the Oscars if you can't take jokes. Actors get roasted every year. Hope Will gets some therapy. Dude looked emotionally unstable with all the mood changes last night. The brother seems to be having battles.

Back
Top Bottom