The Oscars: 2024's 96th Academy Awards, 7:00pm March 10th ABC

The biggest surprise of last now was the fact that a film with Robert DeNiro, Al Pacino, Joe Pesci and directed by Martin Scorsese was nominated for 10 Oscars and won NONE

Clown thought **** was sweet :lol: whats real cinema now chump

Wait, we calling Scorsese a clown?

I mean before this they were giving the biggest awards to Inarritu and the other Latino guy. They just went the extra mile where this is a full on subtitled closed caption movie

Its just a reflection of the downfall of quality Hollywood film.
You are talking about Alfonso Curan or whatever? The dude who did the space movie with Sandra Bullock?

Parasite should have won, but for it to win with ONce Upon a Time just right there, blew my mind.

The biggest surprise of last now was the fact that a film with Robert DeNiro, Al Pacino, Joe Pesci and directed by Martin Scorsese was nominated for 10 Oscars and won NONE

WHen I watched this film I knew it was winning NOTHING.
It was so bland.
Martin should have gave up on this film when the guys said No for the umpteenth time.
It took him so long to talk them into doing this FILM that Deniro is now a MEet The Fockers type of Actor and Al just seemed Old.
The only good thing about that FILM were the names.
It was entirely too long for such a Bland effort.
Nothing worked.
I liked the FILM for reasons OTHER than it actually being good.

You are talking about Alfonso Curan or whatever? The dude who did the space movie with Sandra Bullock?

Parasite should have won, but for it to win with ONce Upon a Time just right there, blew my mind.
The Three Amigos ( Cuaron, Inarittu, Del Toro) have all won best director/picture this past decade, but they have all been for making American/ English language films.

Parasite winning last night was :wow:. Unprecedented and historic

Last edited:
Forget all those other films, uncut gems and Sandler were robbed in everything b. Script, lead, picture, music. 1917 wild overrated

Im sure both are good movies but I have no desire to watch 1917 or parasite… I don’t like war movies and I don’t like movies with subtitles… don’t feel like reading while watching a movie… kinda defeats the purpose for me imo

I used to feel the same way about foreign movies..but then this year I fell deep inside a rabbit hole of Korean entertainment. It's to the point where my two favorite shows ever - ever - aren't English speaking. There's a world out there beyond hollywood for sure.

:lol: what was funny to me was that I remember seeing the Irishman was nominated for best visual effects. They really edited some mans wrinkles to look younger or smoother :lol: .

Im sure both are good movies but I have no desire to watch 1917 or parasite… I don’t like war movies and I don’t like movies with subtitles… don’t feel like reading while watching a movie… kinda defeats the purpose for me imo

You're doing yourself a huge disservice. Dont be like that

I used to feel the same way about foreign movies..but then this year I fell deep inside a rabbit hole of Korean entertainment. It's to the point where my two favorite shows ever - ever - aren't English speaking. There's a world out there beyond hollywood for sure.

liked Memories of Alhambra that much huh?

Yeah. His name slipped my mind. Bugged me cuz I remembered Inarritu but not Curaon :lol:

They gave him another Oscar for Roma like 2 years ago.

Oscars been expanding internationally. They just made another jump this year.

Something I haven't seen mentioned anywhere but Parasite is only the second film in history to win both the Palme d'Or at Cannes and the Academy Award for Best Picture

Back
Top Bottom