The Penn State Child-Sex Abuse Scandal Thread...Hammer dropped on PSU...sanctions galore.

mobile.pennlive.com/advpenn/pm_106490/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=80obp2sU

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by epox12

I am so glad I decided not to go to Penn State four years ago.
Glad you feel vindicated by something that's completely out of your control. What a dumb line of reasoning.

Originally Posted by cartune

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Someone needs to get out there and read these kids the Grand Jury report on a megaphone...make them feel stupid, they don't even know what they are doing out there
What did it reveal about Paterno other than he reported the incident to his superior?
Integrity. From my understanding, Sandusky still had access to Penn State facilities as recently as last week. If you knew what Sandusky did, wouldn't you at least keep him away?

You got to understand the fact that kids as in Football players who put their blood into the season and students who feel they were having a good season are having to put the rest of the year in jeopardy for something THEY nor their LEADER directly had a hand in.

Its a sad situation all around but I can understand the frustration from the fans.

They're ignorant, short-sighted, selfish ++%#*#$#.

There is no excuse for this type of behavior, it's an embarrassment.  

You got to understand the fact that kids as in Football players who put their blood into the season and students who feel they were having a good season are having to put the rest of the year in jeopardy for something THEY nor their LEADER directly had a hand in.

Its a sad situation all around but I can understand the frustration from the fans.

You got to understand the fact that kids as in possibly dozens of kids as young as 8-10 years old had their lives ruined because many people including Joe Pa looked the other way. Gimme a !+$*+@% break man. 
Plus it's not like Joe Pa was even doing a damn thing on game day, dude never even wears a headset. The team will likely be better off without him as a distraction than they would have been if he had stayed on, as it's not like his coaching abilities were gonna be the difference between them winning or losing.

Originally Posted by asianplayer

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Someone needs to get out there and read these kids the Grand Jury report on a megaphone...make them feel stupid, they don't even know what they are doing out there
What did it reveal about Paterno other than he reported the incident to his superior?
Integrity. From my understanding, Sandusky still had access to Penn State facilities as recently as last week. If you knew what Sandusky did, wouldn't you at least keep him away?
Yea if Paterno knew exactly what we know now and he still let that dude around the facilities theres no excuse for that. 
I'm just not fully aware of what exactly Joe was told or knew. 

Keeping him away is part of the *#!!$#@ problem. The original agreement to Keep Sandusky away from campus with kids basically told him, hey you can keep raping and sodomizing little boys, just don't do it in our football offices anymore.

All around stupid situation that was easily stopped with the involvement of Police.

Everybody involved is Culpable. From the scumbad child molester, to his enabling cronies who knew and did Nothing to protect Children but only looked to protect the Penn State Brand.

Keeping him away is part of the +%$%%@+ problem. The original agreement to Keep Sandusky away from campus with kids basically told him, hey you can keep raping and sodomizing little boys, just don't do it in our football offices anymore.

All around stupid situation that was easily stopped with the involvement of Police.

Everybody involved is Culpable. From the scumbad child molester, to his enabling cronies who knew and did Nothing to protect Children but only looked to protect the Penn State Brand.

I get that they treat him like a grandfather. I do.

But this is just overboard. Is it really necessary to do this at this time?????

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Keeping him away is part of the +%$%%@+ problem. The original agreement to Keep Sandusky away from campus with kids basically told him, hey you can keep raping and sodomizing little boys, just don't do it in our football offices anymore.

Yup...I don't understand how people who knew this was going on could just go to work or school and act like nothing happened
30t6p3b.gif
. @#&$ is disgusting

"PSU Radio reporting rumor that senior players will refuse to play Saturday in protest of Paterno's firing"
roll.gif
roll.gif

Joe knew as early as 1998 which is why Sandusky "resigned" in 1999. You just don't tell a guy who was a top defensive coordinator that he'll never be head coach for no reason at all. I don't understand his rationale though. How could doing the bare minimum be seen as a better option than slapping Mcqueary and taking him straight to the police station? Obviously, there would have been short term fallout, but nothing of the magnitude they have now.

Originally Posted by Crime Wave

"PSU Radio reporting rumor that senior players will refuse to play Saturday in protest of Paterno's firing"
roll.gif
roll.gif

They should protest using the showers that a child was molested in.

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

But this is just overboard. Is it really necessary to do this at this time?????
You mean the firing? 100%, and I don't even follow Penn State/college football like that.

Back
Top Bottom