The phenomenon that is RadioShack

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

they changed their focus to sellphones 5-10 years ago, this has kept them afloat

with that said... they don't have good bookkeeping
smokin.gif
sick.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

they changed their focus to sellphones 5-10 years ago, this has kept them afloat

with that said... they don't have good bookkeeping
smokin.gif
sick.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

It's not that unbelievable.

yes it is

i havent seen a radio shack is years, maybe because im not looking hard enough. i dont understand who goes there either
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

It's not that unbelievable.

yes it is

i havent seen a radio shack is years, maybe because im not looking hard enough. i dont understand who goes there either
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Billy BloodBath

Anytime I need some random electronic adapter of some sort Radio Shack always has me covered.
smokin.gif

Word Radioshack is great in the clutch.

Originally Posted by Billy BloodBath

Anytime I need some random electronic adapter of some sort Radio Shack always has me covered.
smokin.gif

Word Radioshack is great in the clutch.

Went in one for the first time in a few years a few months back to pick up some rabbit ear antennas for my daughters tv and the tv in the kitchen. Had to blow dust off the price tag then when I seen they were 14.99, walked right out went across to Walgreens and bought some paper clips.

Went in one for the first time in a few years a few months back to pick up some rabbit ear antennas for my daughters tv and the tv in the kitchen. Had to blow dust off the price tag then when I seen they were 14.99, walked right out went across to Walgreens and bought some paper clips.

Got one right up the street from me.
All I buy from them are packs of disks.
They usually have a good amount of people in there.

Got one right up the street from me.
All I buy from them are packs of disks.
They usually have a good amount of people in there.

Originally Posted by proper english

Seriously.. how does RadioShack stay in business??? How they outlasted a handful of seemingly successful business is amazing to me.. 
eek.gif

check around.. i guarantee the RS' in your local stripmalls are the oldest establishments there (Eastbay Area heads, agree with me?.. Fremont & Hayward are littered with them)

BTW, the things that they sell & the prices they charge are 
sick.gif

Yea, the one in southland mall been there since I moved here (I think), which was 9 years ago
sick.gif

My friends brother used to worked there and everytime we went to go loo at stuff there'd be mad people in the store for some reason. Makes no sense.

Originally Posted by proper english

Seriously.. how does RadioShack stay in business??? How they outlasted a handful of seemingly successful business is amazing to me.. 
eek.gif

check around.. i guarantee the RS' in your local stripmalls are the oldest establishments there (Eastbay Area heads, agree with me?.. Fremont & Hayward are littered with them)

BTW, the things that they sell & the prices they charge are 
sick.gif

Yea, the one in southland mall been there since I moved here (I think), which was 9 years ago
sick.gif

My friends brother used to worked there and everytime we went to go loo at stuff there'd be mad people in the store for some reason. Makes no sense.

Used to work at Rshack for 3 yrs -- markup on their smallest product is rediculous. Some of the very small and cheap items have 1000% plus markup.

Also, when I worked there - they had a "store within a store" business model. So they contracted DirecTV, Verizon, Sprint, Compaq, etc etc... I think this also helped to develop lower overhead (though the profit was considerably lower than the Rshack branded merchandise)

I think it made sense to have a bunch of little stores, rather than some big fancy stores. This allows for a smaller business model approach for each location. - For that one location to stay in business, it probably doesn't have to gross more than $300k in sales during the recession (some places less and more, of course). This allows them to weather the storm and come out on top during recovery.

Used to work at Rshack for 3 yrs -- markup on their smallest product is rediculous. Some of the very small and cheap items have 1000% plus markup.

Also, when I worked there - they had a "store within a store" business model. So they contracted DirecTV, Verizon, Sprint, Compaq, etc etc... I think this also helped to develop lower overhead (though the profit was considerably lower than the Rshack branded merchandise)

I think it made sense to have a bunch of little stores, rather than some big fancy stores. This allows for a smaller business model approach for each location. - For that one location to stay in business, it probably doesn't have to gross more than $300k in sales during the recession (some places less and more, of course). This allows them to weather the storm and come out on top during recovery.

Its simple....old people love radio shack.

Theyre scared of megastores like Best Buy etc, so they continue to shop at the local Radio Shack. Once they die off though, its a wrap.

(im just kidding, but in all honesty, there may be some truth to this...)

Its simple....old people love radio shack.

Theyre scared of megastores like Best Buy etc, so they continue to shop at the local Radio Shack. Once they die off though, its a wrap.

(im just kidding, but in all honesty, there may be some truth to this...)

Back
Top Bottom