The Race Card....Stop

I've seen it mentioned in 4 different threads today...In all cases it is used by individuals claiming that "others" are using the race card.

There is no such thing as this "race card" .....I am sick of people on NT speaking of the "race card" as if it is a fire extinguisher thatpeople break out
anytime they don't have anything factual to say. If there were such a thing I am sure black people would use it for more useful things like wealth,education, and other valuables.

If you have no idea what I am talking about ignore, but seriously stop saying it, it's honestly turned into:

"People playing the card of mentioning others playing the race card"

You seem pretty mad, doggie
laugh.gif

So you've never seen someone try to use race to gain the upper hand in a situation?

BS...

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

So you've never seen someone try to use race to gain the upper hand in a situation?

BS...

Any examples?

Edit : That is besides the point, my argument is people point it out as if it means something.....like stop playing the race card as if it is a one-sided matchif they mention the factor of race. SEVERAL SIGNIFICANT ISSUE in America can be related to race. That is FACT

Originally Posted by kix4kix

BS...

Any examples?
Listen, I'm brown....(as if it matters, just in case however)

And I've had friends of mine come right out and say (black and brown) that they'd have no reason using the "race card" to get out of avolitale situation in front of the police, many of whom claim they have used it and would again....

Not everyone is as responsible and as sensible as you, don't assume that no one would stoop to that level, because thats denial...

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Wait are you claiming there is no such thing as a "race card"???

Thats what he initially seemed to be saying...

BTW you want a popular example of the race card being used?

OJ, there I said it....I opened up THAT can of worms...

Proceed....

BS...

Any examples?

And I've had friends of mine come right out and say (black and brown) that they'd have no reason using the "race card" to get out of a volitale situation in front of the police, many of whom claim they have used it and would again....

Not everyone is as responsible and as sensible as you, don't assume that no one would stoop to that level, because thats denial...

Exactly, Perfect example. Your friends used it to get out of an altercation with the police. How useful, I'm real envious. I bet you white people are sojealous that we have a "race card" to play and they don't.
eyes.gif

The term "race card" has turned into a way for individuals to denounce someone's argument because of their race. If you don't believe thatthen you are in denial.

Proceed....

"Race Card" = White guilt....So yes I am saying there is no such thing as "race card" the only way a "race card" is useful is ifit can be played correct?

OJ
laugh.gif
, I wouldn't go there.

OJ got off because of the race card ehh?...... By that argument whites have had the "race card" for hundreds of years
laugh.gif

BS...

Any examples?

And I've had friends of mine come right out and say (black and brown) that they'd have no reason using the "race card" to get out of a volitale situation in front of the police, many of whom claim they have used it and would again....

Exactly, Perfect example. Your friends used it to get out of an altercation with the police. How useful, I'm real envious. I bet you white people are so jealous that we have a "race card" to play and they don't.
eyes.gif

The term "race card" has turned into a way for individuals to denounce someone's argument because of their race. If you don't believe that then you are in denial.

Oh no, I agree with you completely, but to say that there is no such thing as a "race card" is ridiculous....

Examples other than with the police? School and work....I know people whom have used it there aswell..

Proceed....

"Race Card" = White guilt....So yes I am saying there is no such thing as "race card" the only way a "race card" is useful is if it can be played correct?

OJ
laugh.gif
, I wouldn't go there.

OJ got off because of the race card ehh?...... By that argument whites have had the "race card" for hundreds of years
laugh.gif

Oh no doubt, white people use race to gain advantages in society for the longest. That goes without saying though...

BS...

Any examples?

Exactly, Perfect example. Your friends used it to get out of an altercation with the police. How useful, I'm real envious. I bet you white people are so jealous that we have a "race card" to play and they don't.
eyes.gif

The term "race card" has turned into a way for individuals to denounce someone's argument because of their race. If you don't believe that then you are in denial.

Oh no, I agree with you completely, but to say that there is no such thing as a "race card" is ridiculous....

Examples other than with the police? School and work....I know people whom have used it there aswell..

Now you are bringing in Affirmative action, not the "race card"

Proceed....

"Race Card" = White guilt....So yes I am saying there is no such thing as "race card" the only way a "race card" is useful is if it can be played correct?

OJ
laugh.gif
, I wouldn't go there.

laugh.gif

Oh no doubt, white people use race to gain advantages in society for the longest. That goes without saying though...

So if everyone uses the race card? How can there be one?

If you agree it is now just used to denounce a black individuals argument, than obviously you see my point bro.

BS...

Any examples?

eyes.gif

Now you are bringing in Affirmative action, not the "race card"

No, if I was bringing in affirmative action I would have said it...

But dudes blatantly use race even when they know they are wrong in certain situations...

I have family who will make insane claims because they don't get the position they want, its because of their work ethics not race.....
tired.gif

I don't condone it, but I'm not going to deny its existence or call it something else fam...

Proceed....

OJ
laugh.gif
, I wouldn't go there.

laugh.gif

So if everyone uses the race card? How can there be one?

If you agree it is now just used to denounce a black individuals argument, than obviously you see my point bro.

But white people don't need a card, they are white lol....

You never hear "I didn't get the position because I'm white".....

But you do hear blacks, browns, etc... use it....

Just used to denounce specifically a black individuals argument? So it couldn't be used to denounce any other minorities argument?

Hmmm...

Now you are assuming whites aren't discriminated against. I disagree.

I stated black for obvious reasons.

Obviously the "Race Card" Exists in theory : hence the title.

My point is that in actuality every-time it is brought up, it is made to seem like it means something. "Stop playing the Race card" As if I walkaround with a big card that says RACE on it, and every-time a tough situation comes up I flip it out and smack it on a table say There and walk away.
laugh.gif

I am sick of it, there is no such thing. If your friends have found a way I would like to know, because I've been on this blessed earth for 20 years, andhave yet to find its benefits.

Actually, you do hear that. My uncle was denied a position as a firefighter, that went to a less qualified black man, because of affirmative action. Heoutscored him in all categories, but the black man still received the position because of affirmative action.

Now you are assuming whites aren't discriminated against. I disagree.

I stated black for obvious reasons.

Obviously the "Race Card" Exists in theory : hence the title.

My point is that in actuality every-time it is brought up, it is made to seem like it means something. "Stop playing the Race card" As if I walk around with a big card that says RACE on it, and every-time a tough situation comes up I flip it out and smack it on a table say There and walk away.
laugh.gif

I am sick of it, there is no such thing. If your friends have found a way I would like to know, because I've been on this blessed earth for 20 years, and have yet to find its benefits.

I hear you, I really do...

Its annoying, I hate that people try to discount a valid point made by a minority individual on the account of race....

Being in a racial and ethnic minority course I see it more often than I'd like to, people really have come out and said "Oh but he's only makingan issue out of it because blah blah blah".....

So I agree, but its going to be something that we'll have to deal with. Why? Because people (minorities) really do use the race card (sometimes), and untilpeople completely stop using race to gain an advantage in situations people will continue to have a reason to discount our our stances, views, feelingsetc.....

You haven't reaped its benefits because you know better, you know in the end you're feeding into a much larger problem....No one with half a head ontheir shoulders would use the race card because they know the long term damage it can cause...

Just feeding fuel to the fire, don't give em a reason to take what we have to say for granted...

Originally Posted by eaalto

Actually, you do hear that. My uncle was denied a position as a firefighter, that went to a less qualified black man, because of affirmative action. He outscored him in all categories, but the black man still received the position because of affirmative action.

Come to think of it you're right...

I had a kid in my class that claimed he missed out on a scholarship and a chance to get into the school of his choice because of affirmative action....Yes, hewas white...

Originally Posted by eaalto

Actually, you do hear that. My uncle was denied a position as a firefighter, that went to a less qualified black man, because of affirmative action. He outscored him in all categories, but the black man still received the position because of affirmative action.

Come to think of it you're right...

I had a kid in my class that claimed he missed out on a scholarship and a chance to get into the school of his choice because of affirmative action....Yes, he was white...

Boo Hooo
laugh.gif

In terms of Unfairness

White Privilege > Affirmative action

So pardon me for not giving a damn about your friend, and your uncle's job

Back
Top Bottom