The "Real" Marvin The Martian Releasing?

Lmao, off topic. But the website name just made me remember; back when I was just an associate doing orientation training for Finishline, there was a question along the lines of: "if we don't have a shoe that the customer desires, where do we recommend they search?"

The answers were:

A) Finishline.com
B) EBay.com
C) Zappos.com
Or D) 23isBack.com lmfao. Like really?
I was thinking about getting a job at FinishLine, any advice?

Lmao, off topic. But the website name just made me remember; back when I was just an associate doing orientation training for Finishline, there was a question along the lines of: "if we don't have a shoe that the customer desires, where do we recommend they search?"

The answers were:

A) Finishline.com
B) EBay.com
C) Zappos.com
Or D) 23isBack.com lmfao. Like really?
dont do that if youre just doing it for a chance to cop kicks.

dont do that if youre just doing it for a chance to cop kicks.
Don't really use FinishLine to secure shoes (FTL and affiliates), really like sneakers and want to learn more about other types.
copping from the website on release days and fighting the chaos, is different than copping from FNL as an employee. your chances are likely waaaaaaaaaaaaay better as an employee. thats why i said dont apply to finishline and get stuck working that job just for the sake of trying to obtain kicks.

you can apply for a better job and still learn about sneakers and other types of sneakers.

Advice? Honestly? Have a retail background, if not, well whatever. HAVE PATIENCE, customers WILL piss you off(for example asking for 2-3 shoes, and when you come out with them, ask for 2 more, when they coulda just asked for ALL of them together), DEMO and TRY to sell the cleaners, insoles, ect, no matter what. They actually do work and serve a purpose, also, you'll get more hours/promoted quickly if you do this. Even if you fail. It's a learning curve. But it comes as you practice.

Learn team work. Even if your coworkers suck. Tbh? 1 Finishline vet employee is pretty much as good as an entire staff from foot action/footlocker/foot action. Typically we are also more committed/ more polite.

And you will mandatorily learn about ALL types of sneaker tech/ brands. Running shoes included. It's actually very detailed and DOES help with high end sales. I was helping out at a store today. Im going to post my sales form from earlier so you can get an idea of how good you can actually become.

View media item 1665926this sales form was from today. (I'm "Rob"). In a nutshell. For every 7 boxes on top, the company expects you to have 1 acc box(all the way below) filled. And out of every 11 transactions, 1 of those acc boxes has to be an insole sale.

Winner circle(middle row of boxes) has to be 50% or greater for them to be satisfied.

Just to get an idea, everyone reading this, how often has an employee of FNL or another sneaker company demo'ed acc to you and how often have you shut them down?

Today I was 14:22. Meaning in 22 transactions, I sold 14 acc. 5 of which were insoles. And 3-4 of which were cleaning kits(more expensive acc and yes the company takes notice of this). My wc sign ups was also above 50%.

Acc wise? I hit some godly amount.(this is why I'm able to get away with what I listed earlier I. The thread. I'm honestly too good for them to fire, lmao)

This was an off day mind you.

With time and practice you can do this easy if you care to consider a job with us. You just have to be dedicated.

Furthermore, I will swear by our products. So trust me. I didn't bs anyone who bought an acc.

Advice? Honestly? Have a retail background, if not, well whatever. HAVE PATIENCE, customers WILL piss you off(for example asking for 2-3 shoes, and when you come out with them, ask for 2 more, when they coulda just asked for ALL of them together), DEMO and TRY to sell the cleaners, insoles, ect, no matter what. They actually do work and serve a purpose, also, you'll get more hours/promoted quickly if you do this. Even if you fail. It's a learning curve. But it comes as you practice.

Learn team work. Even if your coworkers suck. Tbh? 1 Finishline vet employee is pretty much as good as an entire staff from foot action/footlocker/foot action. Typically we are also more committed/ more polite.

And you will mandatorily learn about ALL types of sneaker tech/ brands. Running shoes included. It's actually very detailed and DOES help with high end sales. I was helping out at a store today. Im going to post my sales form from earlier so you can get an idea of how good you can actually become.
Had a couple of Jobs like RA and Desk Assistant at my previous college and my seasonal job at Wendy's, only 20. I have a pretty decent amount of patience (family members help me with that). Brands I know: JB, Nike, New Balance, Timberland, Addias, Converse, and Reebok. Roshe's, Flynits, Questions, All Star Chuck Taylors, Questions, Shaquonsis, Pythons, Blazers, and a few others types I know about.  JB is just my niche.
this sales form was from today. (I'm "Rob"). In a nutshell. For every 7 boxes on top, the company expects you to have 1 acc box(all the way below) filled. And out of every 11 transactions, 1 of those acc boxes has to be an insole sale.

Winner circle(middle row of boxes) has to be 50% or greater for them to be satisfied.

Just to get an idea, everyone reading this, how often has an employee of FNL or another sneaker company demo'ed acc to you and how often have you shut them down?

Today I was 14:22. Meaning in 22 transactions, I sold 14 acc. 5 of which were insoles. And 3-4 of which were cleaning kits(more expensive acc and yes the company takes notice of this). My wc sign ups was also above 50%.

Acc wise? I hit some godly amount.(this is why I'm able to get away with what I listed earlier I. The thread. I'm honestly too good for them to fire, lmao)

This was an off day mind you.

With time and practice you can do this easy if you care to consider a job with us. You just have to be dedicated.

Furthermore, I will swear by our products. So trust me. I didn't bs anyone who bought an acc.
That's amazing, great job by the way. Just make sure you promote items, persuade them to join the Winners Circle club, and overall get sales to be a good employee.  Getting sales is the most important thing as an associate (no matter what item but shoes are the main goal, secondary are the accessories (laces, cleaning products), and the accounts.

Ive never seen anyone buy the cleaning kits or insoles
laugh.gif
where are you located
New Jersey. I'm also the store manager of the 3rd highest volume location in the country lmao
being the manager, do you get dibs on releases?

Had a couple of Jobs like RA and Desk Assistant at my previous college and my seasonal job at Wendy's, only 20. I have a pretty decent amount of patience (family members help me with that). Brands I know: JB, Nike, New Balance, Timberland, Addias, Converse, and Reebok. Roshe's, Flynits, Questions, All Star Chuck Taylors, Questions, Shaquonsis, Pythons, Blazers, and a few others types I know about.  JB is just my niche.
That's amazing, great job by the way. Just make sure you promote items, persuade them to join the Winners Circle club, and overall get sales to be a good employee.  Getting sales is the most important thing as an associate (no matter what item but shoes are the main goal, secondary are the accessories (laces, cleaning products), and the accounts.
Oh I always do. I always up sell/promote the top stuff to the bottom first merch wise. I'm also product savvy( for example not everyone knows Nike frees can actually injure you severely if you're not accustomed to minimalist sneakers).

I'm a store manager. Not an associate lol.

That being said thanks for the compliment btw.
Also, working for us you're bound to learn about Brooks, Asics, and specialty running sneakers from the common brands.

I DO. BUT I bite the bullet on that on GP. I'm not some ***hole like most of the other managers in this company.

If you read back a few pages I touched upon that. My personal Grail is the Jordan 1 Chicago, og high. And I actually missed out on it this year, and I refuse to pay OUTRAGEOUS resell on it just cause, but I missed out on it because I only got 1 size run of the sneaker and refused to hold the 1 size 10 for me.

I went through my raffle winners. And there was 1 size 10 on that list. I ended up gurantee'ing that kid the pair, because I know what it's like to really REALLY love and want them.

Last edited:

I DO. BUT I bite the bullet on that on GP. I'm not some ***hole like most of the other managers in this company.

If you read back a few pages I touched upon that. My personal Grail is the Jordan 1 Chicago, og high. And I actually missed out on it this year, and I refuse to pay OUTRAGEOUS resell on it just cause, but I missed out on it because I only got 1 size run of the sneaker and refused to hold the 1 size 10 for me.

I went through my raffle winners. And there was 1 size 10 on that list. I ended up gurantee'ing that kid the pair, because I know what it's like to really REALLY love and want them.
man, props for that. many of these other managers would have definitely held that size 10 for themselves.

man, props for that. many of these other managers would have definitely held that size 10 for themselves.
Pfft. you're tellin me. EVERY single footaction, and footlocker in this mall only had "5" pairs a store. Aka. ALL the employees got a pair. It really pisses me off actually.

Also thanks btw dizzle! Appreciate it! I hold pairs for myself AFTER the release is up. Only pairs I want to wear tho. And obviously, in my size.

Last edited:
whats your stores number so i can call you for some phone orders? lol
Pm me. But realistically we don't have a thing in hell worth any attention aside from tech runners, flyknit lunar 3's, and whatever Jordan release drops that week.

Tbh, as many of these 7's we have, watch them be gone in 4 days. I can almost guarantee it. Lmfao. It always happens. Unless something is so trash it sits. Like hornet 5's "pre grapes" lmfao. Or the pro-stars.

We still have laser 1's.

Oh I always do. I always up sell/promote the top stuff to the bottom first merch wise. I'm also product savvy( for example not everyone knows Nike frees can actually injure you severely if you're not accustomed to minimalist sneakers).

I'm a store manager. Not an associate lol.

That being said thanks for the compliment btw.
Also, working for us you're bound to learn about Brooks, Asics, and specialty running sneakers from the common brands.
I know a little about Asics and Sauconys but not a lot.  I'll try to catch up on those and more, thank you too!

whats your stores number so i can call you for some phone orders? lol
Pm me. But realistically we don't have a thing in hell worth any attention aside from tech runners, flyknit lunar 3's, and whatever Jordan release drops that week.

Tbh, as many of these 7's we have, watch them be gone in 4 days. I can almost guarantee it. Lmfao. It always happens. Unless something is so trash it sits. Like hornet 5's "pre grapes" lmfao. Or the pro-stars.

We still have laser 1's.
im not surprised with the Laser 1s. imo those are so trash lol that design just dont look good one a 1.... now as for the laser 4, thats fire. i got a pair of those.

im not surprised with the Laser 1s. imo those are so trash lol that design just dont look good one a 1.... now as for the laser 4, thats fire. i got a pair of those.
See I passed on the laser 4's also this year. I didn't like the color combinations this time around.

Job should have used red, white, & chrome if anything. Laser 1's especially coulda came out dope, but, no mas.

I know a little about Asics and Sauconys but not a lot.  I'll try to catch up on those and more, thank you too!
You're welcome sak! You have a good resume. Just apply with open availability.

How about gift cards? Does the salesperson get credit for selling gift cards?

How about gift cards? Does the salesperson get credit for selling gift cards?
We get credit for everything. Commission also. I'm salary tho, so I don't. Non-salary managers actually get commission on the entirety of sales. Not just personal numbers. For associates it's the same percentage across the board, but only on their numbers.

I just beast because I have work integrity. Needless to say, a lot of the other managers in my district actually hate me, and throw a ridiculous amount of shade my way, especially on conference calls. But it's because they high key suck at their jobs, and they'd rather waste energy on me, than focusing on what they need to do to improve, such as fully pushing, & training their staff.

Grabbed a guaranteed ticket today. My first one of those since Cool grey IX's a few years ago. Wish I could get them for every D**N release. :rolleyes

Grabbed a guaranteed ticket today. My first one of those since Cool grey IX's a few years ago. Wish I could get them for every D**N release. :rolleyes

Nice! Man, I miss guaranteed tix too.. Last I saw was for the Blk/Infra 6s. :smh: Ever since the Legend Blue 11s everyone switched to raffle or FCFS..

Edit: Called my local Champs and they were doing guaranteed tix too.. Got mine locked down! :nthat:

Last edited:
Nice! Man, I miss guaranteed tix too.. Last I saw was for the Blk/Infra 6s. :smh: Ever since the Legend Blue 11s everyone switched to raffle or FCFS..

Edit: Called my local Champs and they were doing guaranteed tix too.. Got mine locked down! :nthat:
Copping mine for 133 confirmed

Back
Top Bottom