The Real Reason New College Grads Can't Get Hired

The baby boomer generation man
mean.gif

turned the land of opportunity into the land of bloodsucking government officials.
yeah but who's voting them in? hmmm...

I've been in this work force place for 3 hours and I haven't gotten a call in the past 4 days I've been applying.

Who got the connects bro?

Ill say this, a lot of recent grads have a sense of entitemtent. I gave my friend a solid lead on a job, my man never applied.

When I graduated I put in a resume everyday, went in a gang of interviews. **** ain't easy, no one wants to hire people, it's expensive.

Plus today's kids somehow think its cool to act dumb, honestly the professional generation wants to be handed a job that doesn't require much work. I hear it everyday 'this is so hard' **** ain't hard, we pushing papers not slanging rocks, we ain't in the mines, we read for a living.

Sorry, this current generation is so entitled, so soft, nothing is ever our fault and everything is so hard. It's life, **** ain't easy.
couldnt have said it any better well said my brother well said !!

Of course there are many young people who do not have the slightest clue as to how to conduct themselves leading up to, during, and after an interview and have no idea on how to market their skills effectively. Yet, there are many others out there who do, and still cannot find decent employment.

I think the problem lies in our higher education system. Colleges and Universities are more worried about profits than education, and are not holding students accountable for their performance. College is becoming more and more like high school where grades don't matter too much and everyone graduates with the same degree. Too many students go to college because society tells them they have to (and employers fall for this as well), regardless of their ambitions or skills, and end up wasting four years getting by with average grades and racking up huge debts only to find out that there isn't much of a light at the end of the tunnel.

Education has to become more affordable and more demanding than it is now.

I have a Bio degree and 1.5 years of experience in various research positions. Every job I see wants certifications. I have experience in various labs positions and still cant get a job.

I've been in this work force place for 3 hours and I haven't gotten a call in the past 4 days I've been applying.

Who got the connects bro?
i have gotten good internships in the past because of connects, and even then it took them 3-4 weeks to respond to my application email

Of course there are many young people who do not have the slightest clue as to how to conduct themselves leading up to, during, and after an interview and have no idea on how to market their skills effectively. Yet, there are many others out there who do, and still cannot find decent employment.

I think the problem lies in our higher education system. Colleges and Universities are more worried about profits than education, and are not holding students accountable for their performance. College is becoming more and more like high school where grades don't matter too much and everyone graduates with the same degree. Too many students go to college because society tells them they have to (and employers fall for this as well), regardless of their ambitions or skills, and end up wasting four years getting by with average grades and racking up huge debts only to find out that there isn't much of a light at the end of the tunnel.

Education has to become more affordable and more demanding than it is now.
true i think colleges are turning more into money makers than institutes of higher learning but they are ran by the govt so they just want their money thats why they made it more accesible to ppl to get the loans needed to get into college. seems like all jobs i have applied for after graduating wants at least 5 years experience and now that i have a job i pay attention to the interns that my job brings in and its like :smh: now once they graduate they will walk into this million dollar company with no experience and will get executive positions. its sad IMO

Last edited:

i have always wondered, do people REALLY type their work emails in "text message english"? I always see articles telling new grads to not do this but are people really that dumb in the first place?
Yes they do. You'd be surprised how many people don't know how to properly write; journalism and media included. I got my break in the industry by having strong and effective writing skills alone.
than institutes of higher learning but they are ran by the govt so they just want their money thats why they made it more accesible to ppl to get the loans needed to get into college
No they are not. Private schools take on federal loans for tax breaks. They can do without them like Harvard, but don't have the endowment like a Harvard.

Last edited:
if a company needs one person and 100 people apply straight out of college why wouldnt he pick the one that is overly qualified? 

People bout to start lying on their resumes

I know a girl who put in 10 applications to state farm and on the 11th one she put on her application that she was white and they called her in for an interview so now she just puts that shes white on all her applications which i think is dumb but hey i guess it worked so why not huh........

i have always wondered, do people REALLY type their work emails in "text message english"? I always see articles telling new grads to not do this but are people really that dumb in the first place?
Yes they do. You'd be surprised how many people don't know how to properly write; journalism and media included. I got my break in the industry by having strong and effective writing skills alone.
thats just mind boggling to me 
mean.gif
 I probably spend as much time spellchecking and proofreading my emails as I do writing them

The baby boomer generation man :smh:

turned the land of opportunity into the land of bloodsucking government officials.
yeah but who's voting them in? hmmm...

The people of course, but now we gotta pick from the lesser of two evils and who has less of a hidden agenda. It's a catch22.

Baby boomers ruined the U.S. They grew up in honest times, then turned the whole economy upside down for $.

Resumes now are put through computer software to detect keywords.

And actually the boomers parents are the ones who made their life "easier" for the boomers. The boomers are the ones who milked it and left the future generations with the bill. This is Reaganomics at work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know a girl who put in 10 applications to state farm and on the 11th one she put on her application that she was white and they called her in for an interview so now she just puts that shes white on all her applications which i think is dumb but hey i guess it worked so why not huh........

Your friend is lying. Those insurance companies call anyone who has their resume up on Monster.com, Indeed, etc. for interviews regardless of race, experience, etc. Very sketchy; all they care about is getting you to pay to join them :lol: I got called for interviews for State Farm, Aflac, etc when I didn't even apply to them (I ignored them of course)

Sounds like a lie

Last edited:
Your friend is lying. Those insurance companies call anyone who has their resume up on Monster.com, Indeed, etc. for interviews regardless of race, experience, etc. Very sketchy; all they care about is getting you to pay to join them :lol: I got called for interviews for State Farm, Aflac, etc when I didn't even apply to them (I ignored them of course)

maybe she is idk i wasnt with her when she applied just telling what she told me dont shoot the messenger

Honestly from what i've seen they don't have basic job skills and etiquette. Just simple **** like the way you interact with coworkers, showing up on time, maintaining the dress code. Regular work ****.

Back
Top Bottom