The RETRO Gaming Thread!

maxresdefault.jpg

Much better on the Genesis. Here's some dope vids to watch.

probably not. Golden eye is RAREWARE property which is now owned by Microsoft so doubtful they'll allow it. Mostly all first party games

This was to be expected. Wouldn't be surprised if it's basically all the N64 Virtual Console games.

Good Read

PS1 Strengths and Weaknesses vs N64 and Sega Saturn - RetroGaming with Racketboy http://www.racketboy.com/journal/ps1-strength-and-weaknesses-vs-n64-sega-saturn

I think one of the PSX/PS1's greatest 'strengths' was that it could be pirated very easily. I knew of people who had an entire library of bootlegs. Hell there were cats paying their mortgages and eating good with 'modding' services and selling 'burned' games.

I honestly don't know how some developers made money developing on that system.

You didn't even need a mod chip. There was a swap trick as well. I always assumed that's why they went with a tray instead of another flip top for the PS2.

"PSX". That takes me back to the late 90s/early 2000s. That's what we used to call it before anyone even thought about a PS2. Looking up codes on sites like CheatCC used to be under "PSX". I remember going to the library to print codes and .txt file strategy guides. :lol:

Xbox 360 was easily hackable to play burnt games. I made a ton of money in HS off of it :lol:.

Picked up a bunch of old games for Super Famicom while out in Tokyo recently. I'm home for the next few weeks so I'm going in on playing games :D

What did you pick up?

I went to a shop at Akihabara and picked up a boxed copy of Donkey Kong Country and Super Bomberman since those games are still playable without translation really needed. Wish I shopped around for more retro but I was with my partnas and we were tired from all that walking :lol:

What did you pick up?

I went to a shop at Akihabara and picked up a boxed copy of Donkey Kong Country and Super Bomberman since those games are still playable without translation really needed. Wish I shopped around for more retro but I was with my partnas and we were tired from all that walking :lol:

Last time I went I picked up the Sailor Moon S fighting game -- which is recently getting a lot retro love lately from the competitive scene: http://shoryuken.com/2017/11/24/shoryuken-classic-games-the-mechanics-and-tiers-of-sailor-moon-s/

Managed to score 2 SNES classics today... my friend has been wanting one so I guess I might hook her up.

I’m picking up a ps3 tomorrow what are some of you guys favorite ps3 games?
The last of us
Grand theft auto 5
Uncharted 2
Metal gear solid 4
Red dead redemption
God of war 3
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Batman: Arkham City
Call of duty 4: Modern Warfare
Call of duty: Modern Warfare 2

Vanquish
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
BioShock
Infamous 2
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Ni No Kuni
Folklore
Dead Space

MotorStorm and Warkhawk were great for online MP when they were new. Not so sure what they're like now. Probably dead. Avoid Heavenly Sword and Lair.

Back
Top Bottom