The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Am I the only one who thought that Altered Beast was overrated AF? I guess the game had the iconic 'Riiiiiise from your graaaave' command but the rest of the game was meh. :rolleyes

I don't think Virtual Console or similar digital content will have any impact on the OG physical media my bro. Now if Nintendo started re-issuing cartridges and mini discs then yes there would be some impact.

Maybe not a big impact, but another official avenue coming in that will be cheaper than the OG media's resell, should at least bring it down some. For a lot of GC games, there's literally only one way/two systems one can legally/officially play the games.

Picked up this PS2 off Letgo after class the other night. Guy offered to lower it from 20 to 15, but when we met up he was like he wasn’t sure if it worked b/c it’s been in his garage so he just let me have it. Pretty happy. Never had one of these things but my bro did. can’t wait to cop some dope RPGs I missed out on. Retro garage station work in progress lol

2AA3669E-4E9F-4F31-974B-7CE34A10ED02.jpeg
Retro systems must be played on these type of TVs

Retro systems must be played on these type of TVs

Word.. I was the only person in my group back in college that would really be on the retro games. I had a 20” CRT in my room and a 12” one in the living room for the gameboy player. Nowadays my roommate would call me a hoarder :lol:. But out of respect for my housemates and our living space I have it set up in the garage. When I get my own pad I’m setting up a retro room for sure, thankfully my lady knows it’s my hobby lol

Word.. I was the only person in my group back in college that would really be on the retro games. I had a 20” CRT in my room and a 12” one in the living room for the gameboy player. Nowadays my roommate would call me a hoarder :lol:. But out of respect for my housemates and our living space I have it set up in the garage. When I get my own pad I’m setting up a retro room for sure, thankfully my lady knows it’s my hobby lol

CRT squad :smokin

Yikes, those prices are up there!

Thank god I didn't pay those full prices.

The retro gaming store I got these from were offering to take in pre-owned PS4 controllers for $30/each in store credit.........I happen to have my old-release day PS4 controller (replaced mine with a new one from the recent sale at Frys) as well as another old PS4 controller my friend gave away (which was in worse condition than my release day PS4 controller), and I managed to get $60 off in store credit off of those 2 controllers alone.

Add onto the fact that I traded in my old copy of Quest 64 (a trash N64 RPG, but liked but a small minority) and that trash Monopoly game for the Switch, I took off another $10-$12 bucks from my total price.

Am I the only one who thought that Altered Beast was overrated AF? I guess the game had the iconic 'Riiiiiise from your graaaave' command but the rest of the game was meh. :rolleyes

Was your introduction the arcade version...when it was brand new?

cause the sega genesis home version was slow & claustrophobic in comparison
and the game lost some luster after a few years...with better games releasing...at home & in the arcade

personally, i really enjoyed the arcade when it was fresh!
i beat the arcade version so, after that, i didn't mess with the home ports much at all...
...even tho it came as a pack-in with the genesis :lol:

Nice, man. :smokin

I've been super grateful to live down the street from Salvation army. I got 40 GameCube games at $2 a piece.

You're definitely more grateful than me..........it is like a lottery game when walking into the local thrift stores/pawn shops/Salvation armys near my place when it comes to old Gamecube games. And they're mostly GC games that I don't want (the "Barbie dress-up" games for little girls type)

Na I don’t but yeah I had the indigo gc growing up and that’s probably the way I’ll go again. my original GameCube messed up at a time where I was still using it and it left me bitter lol, I don’t wanna buy one that’s gonna die in a month lol.

Na I don’t but yeah I had the indigo gc growing up and that’s probably the way I’ll go again. my original GameCube messed up at a time where I was still using it and it left me bitter lol, I don’t wanna buy one that’s gonna die in a month lol.

Yeah, finding the GC consoles themselves are actually easier than finding the games..............if you do your DUE DILIGENCE, finding one that "doesn't die in a month" should be easy to find.

Its the games I posted up........those are the ultimate challenge to hunt down, I just happened to finally be lucky at the right time.

Especially since we both live in Houston, finding decent prices on classic GC games are very hard.

You got a great deal that’s for sure and yea I don’t see much of a GameCube anything around here. But I do like that lottery feeling of finding games.

You got a great deal that’s for sure and yea I don’t see much of a GameCube anything around here. But I do like that lottery feeling of finding games.

I was just lucky enough to have stuff to trade-in...........if I didn't, that was literally going to be $90+ (post-tax) out of my pocket.

Even then, that was the only retro store (Game over Video Games @ Bay Area) and/or thrift shop/pawn shop that had those 2 games in-stock...........christ.

If you looked both those games on eBay (and Mercari), the reseller prices are WORST.

You're definitely more grateful than me..........it is like a lottery game when walking into the local thrift stores/pawn shops/Salvation armys near my place when it comes to old Gamecube games. And they're mostly GC games that I don't want (the "Barbie dress-up" games for little girls type)

Aww man that sucks. I guess it's just how they distribute the games among their stores. My local joint still has a crappy "finding Nemo" GameCube game that has sat there for 3 weeks straight, lol. Still, I'd recommend you go often as possible because your luck could turn.

Aww man that sucks. I guess it's just how they distribute the games among their stores. My local joint still has a crappy "finding Nemo" GameCube game that has sat there for 3 weeks straight, lol. Still, I'd recommend you go often as possible because your luck could turn.

Probably will do it for a GC version of Twilight Princess............the other GC game I'm looking for (I refuse to play the Wii version, hell no to the Wii controller).

The only Zelda game that is easily obtainable for the GC is Wind Waker.........which, I'm pretty lukewarm of wanting to play at the moment (I don't want my retro gaming backlog to be TOO BIG, I'm still trying to finish Mario Galaxy 1 and the HD ports of all the Kingdom Hearts games)

Back
Top Bottom