The RETRO Gaming Thread!

tumblr_p689jlKPch1s3uawvo2_r1_400.gif

NBA Jam was my ish back in the day, though I never could get the Jordan cheat unless that was an urban myth that he was in the game. My mom got it on QVC and I would be playing all thru the night my Sr. year in HS. Hated the 76ers squad of Weatherspoon and Bradley. Used Kemp/Payton and Barkley/KJ. I forget if you they had 3 players and you could choose 2.

The EA sports line of Lakers/Celtics and I forget what the other names of it were cool. If you were in the right position, you can have Jordan do the reverse up and under layup, I think Hardaway's UTEP 2 step, and I think Webber had a signature move on there as well. At the time, they can only fit teams that made the playoffs or 8 in the East, and 8 in the West.
I have played over 1000 games of NBA Jam. Arcade, SNES, SGEN, Never saw Jordan.

Myth for sure.

RE: Side Scrolling EA Games of Early 90s were cool. Logged alot of minutes there.
Bulls vs. Blazers
Team USA vs. The World
NBA Showdown 94

Games had signature styles well before NBA 2K7 introduced them. Good times. All 3's, except for corner 3's, used the glass. THREE!!! LOL

Tecmo NBA Basketball was my game though. Full Season, League Leaders. Loved that game

Thinking about grabbing a PS2 so I play Def Jam Vendetta, Blitz The League & Street Hoops. Those 3 games fall into my top 10 and I miss them.

What y’all think ? Platinum GameCube, controller kind of busted, animal crossing, tales of symphonia, Medal of Honor, both resident evils and a good looking platinum wave bird for $100?

I don’t really want the games it’s just a bundle I’m considering buying to get a nice looking cube.

If that Platinum 'Cube has the digital video out port then it along with the good looking and functional WaveBird should be worth the price. Those games aren't half bad either. Seller is charging you market value for all items. Only thing is the broken normal controller which you'll have to trash.

Kinda regret passing on a Sega Dreamcast for $45 just now. Came with one controller and the big arcade stick. No games though.

A very good price for all 3 items, especially if both sticks are functioning with tight controls.

If that Platinum 'Cube has the digital video out port then it along with the good looking and functional WaveBird should be worth the price. Those games aren't half bad either. Seller is charging you market value for all items. Only thing is the broken normal controller which you'll have to trash.

I passed he was a local reseller but he was hiding a burn or stain on the side and no bottom ports couldn’t do it, no back for the wave bird

Thinking about taking bigjny88 bigjny88 advice and buying a wii...it has hdmi and ups the resolution for gc games correct?

I passed he was a local reseller but he was hiding a burn or stain on the side and no bottom ports couldn’t do it, no back for the wave bird

Thinking about taking bigjny88 bigjny88 advice and buying a wii...it has hdmi and ups the resolution for gc games correct?

A Wii doesn't have a native HDMI port, but there are HDMI adapters for the Wii to be able to upscale any game played on the Wii (Wii or GC) to play on a HDTV.

This comparison video will give you an idea of how it'll work

Remember when buying a Wii...........buy the 1st generation Wii that has Gamecube controller ports and Gamecube memory card ports on the top, as there are 2nd/3rd generation Wiis that do not have it.

I think Wii is component output not HDMI. If your TV has component input you should be good to go. GC games I there were 240p/480i and you had to hold down B to enable 480p (if the game supported).

I think Wii is component output not HDMI. If your TV has component input you should be good to go. GC games I there were 240p/480i and you had to hold down B to enable 480p (if the game supported).

GC and Wiis (both) are compatible with the composite/component ports of any modern-day HDTV as well (not the same type of ports you are talking about, but I noticed most modern HDTVs are starting to phase out component and composite outputs), but with a N64...........it is practically a hit-or-miss depending on which modern HDTV still supports 240p resolutions.

GC and Wiis can scale up to 480i naturally when a HDTV/HD monitor lacks the capability of outputing a 240p image, but with a damn N64...........you honestly have to kill yourself if your HDTV cannot do a 240p image via a composite or component port.

This is probably why I'm so happy that the N64 mini classic rumors are getting closer to becoming true, that means I can play my N64 games again without having to use a damn AV-to-HDMI converter and/or using the Wii's Virtual Console.

Never knew that.. I used to play my og gc with an rf adapter lol

Jeez, people still use those?! :lol:

I bought a 4K recently the new tcl and it has composite I haven’t connected my ps2 to it yet. But my nephew is coming for his yearly summer visit Sunday so we gonna get into some games.

Also San Andreas is becoming bc for Xbox. I’m wondering how it will look on the x, I hope I find a copy soon.

Still surprised you have your vision joe billionaire joe billionaire after staring at that blurry mess. :lol:

Lmao man it sucked idk my parents didn’t wanna spring for a better tv. I played nes Genesis GameCube and Dreamcast via rf

I don’t remember about og PlayStation tho. They didn’t have an rf did they?

A very good price for all 3 items, especially if both sticks are functioning with tight controls.
System looks like it was adult owned, super clean. I'm assuming it was all good but didn't actually hold it as it was inside the glass display case at the store (Goodwill).

I don’t remember about og PlayStation tho. They didn’t have an rf did they?

The did sell them separately. I found one a few months ago, I was totally surprised but it makes sense since it was still common to still have working 80s TV sets.

Kinda regret passing on a Sega Dreamcast for $45 just now. Came with one controller and the big arcade stick. No games though.

If you get a Dreamcast I highly recommend getting a VGA cable. Just got one the other day and the quality is unbelievable. I'll post some pics later

Anyway just upgraded my Sylvania DVD/VHS TV combo to a Sony Trinitron 20 inch. The geometry was getting bad on the old one. Now I have one with S-video. Drove an hour just to get it, didn't want to keep searching so I said eff it and picked it up for free from some old man lol

Bonus pic Sony PVM (with S-video only no RGB) I picked up from a Chinese news station near my work the other day
IMG_5751.JPG

IMG_5760.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom