The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Probably will do it for a GC version of Twilight Princess............the other GC game I'm looking for (I refuse to play the Wii version, hell no to the Wii controller).

The only Zelda game that is easily obtainable for the GC is Wind Waker.........which, I'm pretty lukewarm of wanting to play at the moment (I don't want my retro gaming backlog to be TOO BIG, I'm still trying to finish Mario Galaxy 1 and the HD ports of all the Kingdom Hearts games)

That one is tough to land. Still haven't seen one in the wild but I've passed several times on the wind waker version after I found the Kmart variant cover. Feel you on the Wii version as it's my least favorite console I own, just not fond of the controls either.

That one is tough to land. Still haven't seen one in the wild but I've passed several times on the wind waker version after I found the Kmart variant cover. Feel you on the Wii version as it's my least favorite console I own, just not fond of the controls either.

They've popped up a few times here in the retro gaming stores in Houston, so it is more likely to find than the Sunshines and the Smash Melees.

As far as a thrift store/pawn shop find of the game, I guess I'll find out

There’s a lot of Zelda to play on gc tho which is cool, you get 4 classics in the collectors edition, wind waker, twilight princess and four swords adventure.

Was your introduction the arcade version...when it was brand new?

cause the sega genesis home version was slow & claustrophobic in comparison
and the game lost some luster after a few years...with better games releasing...at home & in the arcade

personally, i really enjoyed the arcade when it was fresh!
i beat the arcade version so, after that, i didn't mess with the home ports much at all...
...even tho it came as a pack-in with the genesis :lol:

green rhino123 green rhino123 fam, I played the Genesis 16-bit version 'circa '94-95 and I believe the game was already 5+ years old at the time. The delay can be attributed to Mom keeping us a full generation behind the latest 'ish. :lol: My bro and I did finish the game but it was forgettable (at that time). Just find it strange that it has remained prominent in 'popular culture' when there are far better SEGA titles from that era.

Maybe not a big impact, but another official avenue coming in that will be cheaper than the OG media's resell, should at least bring it down some. For a lot of GC games, there's literally only one way/two systems one can legally/officially play the games.

I think the OG media prices would taper or decline only if some of the new jack 'collectors' decided to move onto some other hobby and started dumping their 'collections' en masse.

TURBO UNO TURBO UNO I think the 'Cube games in general had far lower production numbers than the PS2 & XBox so that contributes to the overall high cost.

That makes sense, considering the Gamecube system themselves only sold to 22M consoles worldwide in their lifetime............so there are definitely less copies of their games out in circulation.

I have a feeling in like 10-15 years, it'll happen to physical copies of Wii-U games as well (since they finished their lifecycle with 14M consoles sold).

The Super Mario Bros. film was released in theaters 25 years ago today. It was the first feature film to be adapted from a video game.

super_mario_bros_xlg.jpg

Nike Jordan Nike Jordan I appreciate what you do for this thread, but if there was a 'Dislike' option I would give you one right away.

Even as a 10 year old I recall that movie being utter trash and wondering what the hell dinosaurs and lizard men were doing in a Mario Bros. film. :sick: :smh: :stoneface:

An animated film would've cost a fraction of their overall cost and resulted in a much better film that stayed true to the original source material.

Nike Jordan Nike Jordan I appreciate what you do for this thread, but if there was a 'Dislike' option I would give you one right away.

Even as a 10 year old I recall that movie being utter trash and wondering what the hell dinosaurs and lizard men were doing in a Mario Bros. film. :sick: :smh: :stoneface:

An animated film would've cost a fraction of their overall cost and resulted in a much better film that stayed true to the original source material.

Nobody will get any arguments from me on this. :lol:

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican

What was your go-to team in NBA Jam?

I went with the sonics. Kemp and Payton :pimp:

Kemp is a HoFer imo. It tmac and tim hardy got in, then he should too.

I copped my nephew a genesis along with nba jam te, barkley shut up and jam and lion king

Cavs.

Mark Price is my all time #1 dude. He and Brad Daughtery were solid.

When I wanted to play small ball, I went with Joe Dumars and Zeke

Power Stone 2 is going for 75-125 on Ebay

LOL.

Great game though one of my favorites of all time.

Hmm, might be time to unload this game as well, I'll never play it again. I need yo take some updated pics of my collection before I start selling things off.

What y’all think ? Platinum GameCube, controller kind of busted, animal crossing, tales of symphonia, Medal of Honor, both resident evils and a good looking platinum wave bird for $100?

I don’t really want the games it’s just a bundle I’m considering buying to get a nice looking cube.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom