The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Traded in some games and managed to pick up an NES game I've had on my wanted list.

Sky Kid

Also got a mint in box copy of the 1st video game I ever bought for myself as a kid with my own money. Not bad for $1
51kkYVQfk5L._AC_SX215_.jpg

Then I stopped by Salvation Army and found a mint copy of PS2 Gradius V for $3, What a steal! This game is $60 at my local game store.

Don't mind the clickbait title, the guy is reviewing a rare retro gem from the PS1/PS2 days.............that controller you see in the screen cap right there is meant for old school JRPGs from those PS1/PS2 days.

i added rare cima the enemy gba game to my collection today

i used 40 gamestop credit and i bought 8 games, for 40 shipped kept cima and final fantasy tactis...sold the rest of the games for 60 cash

took all the games apart and all authentic, decent labels one of the games i sold seemed to be chewed on tho but who cares its gone and i made 20 and kept 2 free games

also they charged 7.99 for cima when its worth like 30 bucks lol whats up with them. its pretty cool its like a crazy rpg its like adventure, puzzle, tactics all in one

The most difficult game y'all ever played is?

Has to be no later than the PS2 era.

Probably CastleVania 3 for NES.

This month’s pickup:

C1435A68-E13F-4F44-8F97-8A903AF15169.jpeg
95CBEE59-4C00-44E9-A1B1-5C6DCE03499A.jpeg

Ive heard the wii controls provide better gameplay for prime and prime 2 vs the gamecube. Not sure how wii emulation will work in the future so i figure this will be a nice game to have to enjoy the complete experience

Ive heard the wii controls provide better gameplay for prime and prime 2 vs the gamecube. Not sure how wii emulation will work in the future so i figure this will be a nice game to have to enjoy the complete experience

It depends on how much you like playing with the Wii Controller (and Nunchuck) themselves. If you are comfortable with them as much as you are comfortable with a traditional controller, then yeah.........you can get that "better experience" that THOSE CLAIM the Wii controls provide for the first 2 Metroid Primes.

Me personally........I can't stand the setup of the Wii Controller (sensor bar has to be 3 feet away from the controller to receive little-or-no input lag, really? who the **** plays that far anyway from the screen anymore). I'd rather just play the original Gamecube versions of both games, even though I heard the Gamecube Controller is NOT "first-person-shooter" friendly.

Shoot, I'm personally hoping that the Metroid Prime trilogy gets a HD Switch port before Prime 4 is released........since I believe the Joy Cons and the wireless pro controller does a BETTER JOB at gyro motion controls than the mediocre Wii remote and nunchuck.

Got a pleasant surprise this weekend. My mother's boss is moving to a new home and her kid is leaving for college next month so he started tossing out boxes of stuff. I ended up getting this kid's following stuff and some vintage comics tossed inside. They were going to donate this to Goodwill had I not taken interest :wow:

PS3 "slim" top loader console, 2 controllers, 5 games (Demon's Souls, Last of Us, Katamari Forever, Deus Ex, Mass Effect trilogy)

PS2 "fat" console, 1 controller, 1 memory card, 2 games (God of War 2, SpongeBob)

GameCube black console, 3 controllers, 1 memory card, 5 games ( Super Mario Sunshine, Zelda Wind Waker, Super Smash Melee, Paper Mario, Medal of Honor)

Sony PSP 3000 with The Simpson's game.

Nintendo 3DS XL blue with 2 games (Mario Kart, Paper Mario)

Nintendo DSi sky blue. No games though.

NES console with 1 controller and 3 games (Kung Fu, City Connection, Double Dragon)

That's a good score TURBO UNO TURBO UNO - pretty sure you have all those consoles already but nice to have backups.

Surprised at how lazy the kid is though. He could've easily have sold all the aforementioned as a lot for $200-$250 and way more if he was looking to sell everything individually. :smh:

Thanks Vood, definitely a nice come up. The PS3 and the handheld stuff is new to me so I'm happy to add them to my stash. I think the kid is into cars now so he just wanted to move on. All good though, worked out for me.

**** that NES ninja turtles game (I was also like 4, but still :lol:)

Tried playing maximum carnage recently and gave up after a few min

That Turtles NES game was incredibly hard and utter ****e; I played it when I was 7-8 and the furthest I made it to was the 'underwater' area with the electrified seaweed. That was after dodging the steamroller in the top down sections. :smh:

I hear you on Maximum Carnage. They added co-op in the follow-up Separation Anxiety and even with my bro's help we only made it to the second stage. I get that those games had limited replay-ability and the overall length is laughable compared to today's games but somewhere along the line they forgot that the games needed to be FUN. :smh:

Did they not even stop and think as to why exactly the super-powered Spiderman & Venom had to put in work on the regular street-level punks, let alone the bosses? :stoneface:

Back
Top Bottom