The RETRO Gaming Thread!

How often do you play?
The Dreamcast? I don’t play often, it’s mostly just collection purposes for the little kid in me. Getting 3rd Strike this past weekend completed the 3 games I wanted when I was 10 years old. (Double Impact, 3rd Strike, and Power Stone 2)

Games in general, I only play on weekends. The Switch gets most of my attention right now though. I need to devote some more time to Skies of Arcadia though.

Was walking to the liquor store to get some soda & chips when I was surprised to find this laying in the bushes. So damn random :lol:

fetAlZ.jpg

Oh, and check your local Marshall’s & Ross stores as these are hitting $7.99
s9ghu1.jpg

zBUu47.jpg

Yo TURBO UNO TURBO UNO did you pick up that N64 controller? Would be curious to know if it still works.

Those T-Shirts are cheeks though - wouldn't spend more than $5 on them. :sick:

Minus a couple like Power Stone 2, Skies of Arcadia, and some others in Texas. This is my DC at home in Maryland.

Just added Crazy Taxi 2 and SF3: Third Strike
A6BB07D3-303F-4426-959D-96D70F8B47AA.jpeg

I have to get some more of the 2Ks for Collection purpose.

datboi81 datboi81 Did you have these games in your DC archives or did you purchase them recently? I'd say most, if not all of the Capcom games are ridiculously overpriced and unattainable at this point. :smh:

I was lucky to have my boy include a mint, original copy of Skies of Arcadia when I purchased his used DC and a truckload of CD-Rs for $100 CDN way back in '01. :lol:

Just a heads up, the game plays very well and the story is excellent but the enemy, random encounter rate is ridiculously wild and frustrating in certain segments. :sick:

I did :lol::blush:
The controller is aftermarket but everything feels new. The problem is I don’t own an N64. Haha.

Yuck TURBO UNO TURBO UNO , no wonder that 'ish was thrown out. Aftermarket N64 controllers are utter garbage. Send that 'ish straight to your recycling plant.

If you do grab a N64 at some point, you're better off getting OEM controllers with worn out analogs and repairing them correctly. (The replacement analog parts don't quite capture the analog motion correctly but there are great videos on YouTube on how to repair the OEM parts).

Yuck TURBO UNO TURBO UNO , no wonder that 'ish was thrown out. Aftermarket N64 controllers are utter garbage. Send that 'ish straight to your recycling plant.

I was planning on giving it to one of the workers at the thrift store I visit. He collects N64 and Xbox while he lets me raid the PS1-2-3 stuff that comes in. I think whoever threw it out was moving because there were lots of empty cabinets and cardboard boxes on the curb.

datboi81 datboi81 Did you have these games in your DC archives or did you purchase them recently? I'd say most, if not all of the Capcom games are ridiculously overpriced and unattainable at this point. :smh:

I was lucky to have my boy include a mint, original copy of Skies of Arcadia when I purchased his used DC and a truckload of CD-Rs for $100 CDN way back in '01. :lol:

Just a heads up, the game plays very well and the story is excellent but the enemy, random encounter rate is ridiculously wild and frustrating in certain segments. :sick:

I'm about half and half with the games. The biggest steal I ever got was MVC2 and Soul Calibur for 20.00 in 2004 when I got my Dreamcast. The ones I've purchased since Texas are below. The rest I got through some strange means like Gooze Eggs and other random finds. I got all my sports games from my boy in like 2007 when he just had them sitting in his basement.

SF3: Double Impact - $30
Marvel vs. Capcom - $40-45
DOA2 - $15
Project Justice - $154
Capcom vs SNK - $40 I think
Power Stone - $65
Power Stone 2 - $110
Skies of Arcadia - $110
THPS 1 - $10 (someone faked and put the wrong manual in there, but changed the cover)
MK Gold - $30
SF3: Third Strike - $90
Crazy Taxi 2 - $25

Power Stone 2 and Project Justice I literally spend 14 years hunting for and have run into 3 copies of the PS2 and 2 copies of PJ all last year. Prices I've seen definitely depend on where you go. Physical stores tend to sell cheaper than online does.

9B1010B5-A374-40C5-A737-5B752C657C25.jpeg

I just modded my Street Fighter 2 arcade cabinet. I now have over 2000 games on it. Simpsons, X-Men, alll the Neo Geo games, Street Fighters. This is going to take up a lot of my gaming time

This is the Arcade1Up one right?

I'm about half and half with the games. The biggest steal I ever got was MVC2 and Soul Calibur for 20.00 in 2004 when I got my Dreamcast. The ones I've purchased since Texas are below. The rest I got through some strange means like Gooze Eggs and other random finds. I got all my sports games from my boy in like 2007 when he just had them sitting in his basement.

SF3: Double Impact - $30
Marvel vs. Capcom - $40-45
DOA2 - $15
Project Justice - $154
Capcom vs SNK - $40 I think
Power Stone - $65
Power Stone 2 - $110
Skies of Arcadia - $110
THPS 1 - $10 (someone faked and put the wrong manual in there, but changed the cover)
MK Gold - $30
SF3: Third Strike - $90
Crazy Taxi 2 - $25

Power Stone 2 and Project Justice I literally spend 14 years hunting for and have run into 3 copies of the PS2 and 2 copies of PJ all last year. Prices I've seen definitely depend on where you go. Physical stores tend to sell cheaper than online does.

Thanks for the reply fam datboi81 datboi81 - anything over $60 is painful considering that these joints were liquidated at one point. The 2K games you're looking for should be dirt cheap though.

NBA 2K1
NBA 2K2

only "real" DC games I owned.

The rest...........you know

Surprised you wouldn't have a copy of the wrestling games on the DC. I remember those being quite cheap then and they still are now.

The WWF Royal Rumble game was pure crap, however they were able to have 8 or 9 characters on screen. Surprised that some of the current generation games can't do this.

Last edited:
Just got NFL 2K for free with a purchase of Budokai HD Collection. I only bought it because I don't remember if I own Budokai 3 on PS2.

I think I just got hyped with the Fighterz DLC. Budokai 3 sucks is a little lack-luster, but I'll probably end up keeping it.

Back
Top Bottom