The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Always like that game. Never understood why people disliked Robocop on the NES.

My G TURBO UNO TURBO UNO the 1970s TV with the manual controls is the most egregious item as you pointed out. A TV/VCR combination would've been more accurate.
Yeah, even just having a black plastic tv makes it period correct. All good though as it was custom ordered with those specific items.

My tv of the 80s and mid 90’s was this 1984 Zenith space command. My dad went on spending spree when he won $13,000 at the horse racing track back in late ‘83 :lol: He blew the rest of the money in Las Vegas, smh.
1573935323366.jpeg

Just dropping these off

On this week’s episode of “Da” Podcast, Steve is joined by the author of NBA Jam (the book) Reyan Ali as they talk about how the idea of writing NBA Jam came to be, arcade nostalgia, all the little details and research that went into writing NBA Jam, pinball games being illegal in the 40’s, the stigma behind arcades in the 80’s & 90’s, the evolution of NBA Jam the game, the easter eggs Midway would put in their games, the secret players, a strategy guide, how much info didn’t get into the book, interviewing 68 people, NBA Jam folklore, WWF Wrestlemania the game, Jean-Claude Van Damme almost being a character in Mortal Kombat and talking to Shaquille O’Neil about Shaq Fu. The guys also talk some wrestling, specifically about AEW, good story telling, NXT, Survivor Series, CM Punk, The Dumbass of The Week and so much more!

‎"Da" Podcast: Ep.144 NBA Jam The Book on Apple Podcasts https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcast/ep-144-nba-jam-the-book/id1212157511?i=1000456944265

Last edited:
It was good but the arcade version was great.
Oh for sure, any arcade was better than what the home consoles of the time could provide. I just think the NES version was pretty good, not a bad game compared to other stuff that released. I really enjoyed DataEast games.

TURBO UNO TURBO UNO I think one of the main problems was how useless Robocop was in that 8bit NES joint. I actually had that game and I remember there being dogs that could take him out and way too many melee segments.

The 16bit Robocop vs. Terminator was a far better game.

TURBO UNO TURBO UNO I think one of the main problems was how useless Robocop was in that 8bit NES joint. I actually had that game and I remember there being dogs that could take him out and way too many melee segments.

The 16bit Robocop vs. Terminator was a far better game.

Oh yeah, I remember some of those enemies but I recall the defense/attack was time sensitive. Just had to punch/shoot at the right time. It was a hard game but not terribly frustrating like say the windy stages on Karate Kid. I agree, the 16bit robocop versions are better. I only have the Genesis version though.

:smh: Shame on me for not knowing what 95% of DC Covers looked like because I lived, "That life."

NBA 2K/2K1/2K2 were the only games that I actually had the covers to.

The others, you know.......

:smh: Shame on me for not knowing what 95% of DC Covers looked like because I lived, "That life."

NBA 2K/2K1/2K2 were the only games that I actually had the covers to.

The others, you know.......

You're in the majority. I'm legitimately surprised that SEGA managed to sell any official DC games seeing as you didn't need any type of modchip or similar for the console. :smh: :smh: :smh:

You had a stack of 100 CDRs, a CD writer and you were golden.

You're in the majority. I'm legitimately surprised that SEGA managed to sell any official DC games seeing as you didn't need any type of modchip or similar for the console. :smh: :smh: :smh:

You had a stack of 100 CDRs, a CD writer and you were golden.
Lowest of all #IQs man. They really dropped the ball

Lowest of all #IQs man. They really dropped the ball

It was bad timing for them. They took major Ls on their post-Genesis/MD hardware (32X, Saturn, etc...) and I don't think they had any money to incorporate some type of anti-piracy or DRM into the hardware.

Back
Top Bottom