The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Old video of me playing smb2

So yeah...you can get the rocks to hit him multiple times by throwing them as he throws them causing them to bounce into each other and into him and kill him in 3 rocks (thrown by the player) I believe. He dies in 5 hits I think. Been awhile.

The hammers in smb3 work differently and seem more random but boom boom dies faster because he takes 3 hits and each hammer hits 2 times ar least. If you throw two out and run at him he dies from 2 hammers. Koopa I'm not sure. Quickly tho.

Last edited:
I wonder if they'll "retro" these classic systems and make it so that you can play the OG games on them one day.
would be interesting if they even reissued the most popular old games. I feel like in limited quantities it could work.

or maybe its just me. I'm one of those need the physical copy plus the manual type of ppl.

Old video of me playing smb2

So yeah...you can get the rocks to hit him multiple times by throwing them as he throws them causing them to bounce into each other and into him and kill him in 3 rocks (thrown by the player) I believe. He dies in 5 hits I think. Been awhile.

The hammers in smb3 work differently and seem more random but boom boom dies faster because he takes 3 hits and each hammer hits 2 times ar least. If you throw two out and run at him he dies from 2 hammers. Koopa I'm not sure. Quickly tho.

You can do the same thing when throwing the eggs/balls at Birdo at the end of the first level in Super Mario Bros 2. (The 2 hits from one object)

You can do the same thing when throwing the eggs/balls at Birdo at the end of the first level in Super Mario Bros 2. (The 2 hits from one object)
I love pseudo speed running and doing stuff like that.
I tried it with the hammer suit in smb3 but i'm much better with the tanooki tbh. I can do some things but I don't have to hesitate as much with the tanooki suit.

Has anyone ever seen this glitch? It happened to me the other night. It's the first time I've ever seen it and I've been playing Revenge since its release.

Some of theConditions:
Original N64
Original cartridge
3rd party controller
1st party RumblePak
Tag match with no tag format

All 4 that ya'll mentioned are classics. I'd round it out with Game Informer off of longevity as well. Website still going strong.

My Genesis Mini arrived today. :pimp:

IMG_20200103_152550.jpg

Nintendo Power the GOAT mag?

For me it's that, GamePro and EGM.
EGM
Nintendo Power
GameFan
Gamepro/Gameplayers
EGM2

I don't know about that order. I might revisit it.

the 500 page EGM >>>>>>>>
the era when dkc graced the covers of all the video game magazines >>>>
sonic and knuckles era too >>>>>>>

I think Mario rpg/ffVII era was the last of the dopeness from video game magazines.

GamePro will be the #1 magazine for me. I remember seeing Street Fighter in there and learning the word NULLIFY when they explained how to cancel out The Sonic Boom with a Hadouken.

Game Informer was the first Video Game Magazine that I subscribed to after trading games into FunCOlaND.

EGM was the first magazine that let me know Japanese Wrestling Games existed. (Toukon Retsuden: Japanese version of Power Move Pro Wrestling Peep Game Peep Game ) ( Bend_The_Knee Bend_The_Knee )

GamePro will be the #1 magazine for me. I remember seeing Street Fighter in there and learning the word NULLIFY when they explained how to cancel out The Sonic Boom with a Hadouken.

Game Informer was the first Video Game Magazine that I subscribed to after trading games into FunCOlaND.

EGM was the first magazine that let me know Japanese Wrestling Games existed. (Toukon Retsuden: Japanese version of Power Move Pro Wrestling Peep Game Peep Game ) ( Bend_The_Knee Bend_The_Knee )

Back
Top Bottom