The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Very dope! What model variation did you own? The og woody, all black “Vader” or the later Junior style? I happen to own the Junior model myself.

I just picked up 2 games today at my local video game store. $3 each is a good price!
F361E387-EC80-4034-A0F6-88A81FA87738.jpeg

I remember the controller having 2 red buttons and a d pad. I would have to Google what the console looked like.

I remember the controller having 2 red buttons and a d pad. I would have to Google what the console looked like.

Oh wait, just re-read you had the 7800. My bad, those variations I mentioned are for the 2600. Sorry!
That 7800 is hard to find in my area, never seen one in person and didn’t know anyone who owned one.

I feel old :lol:

Me too, lol. I spotted some PS1 games I used to play constantly during my H.S. years....saw the copyright date on the back and realized that was 20+ years ago :lol:

The infamous Atari E.T.! :wow:

Yup! The famous bad game, haha.
I’m now on the hunt for the following games for the 2600 and I’m done.

Smurfs
Mario Bros.
He-Man (Masters of the Universe)
Kool-Aid Man
Super Cobra
Q-Bert
Donkey Kong Jr.

The NES was my first console and Super Mario Bros/Duck hunt was the packaged game.

It use to bug me so much as a kid that Bam Bam and Yoko weren't on the SNES version of Wrestlmania
Yea because other than that, the SNES version was a better arcade port.

First console was the NES. Pops had a bunch of games. I remember having the Mario's, Duck Hunt, Contra, Double Dragon, Karnov, Metal Gear, Jackal, and the generic Soccer game. Favorite was a family friend's game, Mike Tyson's Punch-Out.

I once rented the MK1 port for the SNES, ish was trash. I remember seeing that gray 'sweat' and thinking "am i just kicking the dirt off these guys" smh. A friend had the Gameboy version, the lag on that version made it near unplayable.

I once rented the MK1 port for the SNES, ish was trash. I remember seeing that gray 'sweat' and thinking "am i just kicking the dirt off these guys" smh. A friend had the Gameboy version, the lag on that version made it near unplayable.

My G jayt1202 jayt1202 most non-Nintendo Gameboy software were terrible, unplayable cash grabs. :smh: :smh: :smh:

SNES Version was superior to the Genesis version.

Better Graphics
Bigger SPrites
Comparable Audio to Arcade Version.

Only thing Genesis version had was the Blood.

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican We're probably around the same age my bro, so you remember the MAIN selling point for MK 1 being the blood/gore.

You take those elements out of it on the SNES and the game was cheeks when compared to other fighting games. Nintendo knew this, hence MK II having all the blood/gore intact. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyways we might both be straying off topic and having had a chance to play MK I on the Gameboy I can confirm that it was pure garbage.

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican We're probably around the same age my bro, so you remember the MAIN selling point for MK 1 being the blood/gore.

You take those elements out of it on the SNES and the game was cheeks when compared to other fighting games. Nintendo knew this, hence MK II having all the blood/gore intact. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyways we might both be straying off topic and having had a chance to play MK I on the Gameboy I can confirm that it was pure garbage.

I don't even know what you would even expect from the Gameboy version. :lol:

Yea, the Blood was THE selling point, but it isn't what made the game IMO.

I consciously selected the SNES version for the reasons listed above. I HATED the sound of the Genesis version. Hated it. :lol:

The actual SNES gameplay was better.

Back
Top Bottom