The RETRO Gaming Thread!

I thought Yukes improved their engine on each of their GC games. Now I have the urge to play
Day of Reckoning 1/2 now lol

Graphically yes, and they kept tweaking the Create-A-Wrester too. My brother and I just poured so many hours into WM2K & NM that we were used to the grappling, evade, block, etc... It had a slower, methodical pace which was fitting for a wrestling game.

I think fans of the Yukes! games would've acclimatized to WMX8 and the DoR games a bit better. No idea why they dropped Aki as their game engine was used for the first Def Jam game - so it can't have been a technical issue.

Graphically yes, and they kept tweaking the Create-A-Wrester too. My brother and I just poured so many hours into WM2K & NM that we were used to the grappling, evade, block, etc... It had a slower, methodical pace which was fitting for a wrestling game.

I think fans of the Yukes! games would've acclimatized to WMX8 and the DoR games a bit better. No idea why they dropped Aki as their game engine was used for the first Def Jam game - so it can't have been a technical issue.

Many videos have been done on the WCW/EA/AKI situation but you don't know how pissed I was that an amazing wrestling engine was WASTED on a damn fighting game with some damn rappers. I have never played any of them and I refuse to ever play those Def Jam games.

Waste of a got damn engine.

Peep Game Peep Game your folks

I didn’t know Virtua Fighter made it to the PS3. I was shocked to see it at the thrift store today, picked it up anyway for $1.50 :emoji_thumbsup:

2 things that made my day yesterday:

1. A game I’ve wanted to play for 22 years (I know I could’ve emulated, but it wouldn’t have been the same.

2. My favorite character design in Soul Calibur 1 is back. I hope he gets these costumes as option.
hwasc1wp1-jpg.3713

th

The first one at least appears in Story Mode, so there’s hope.

noblekane noblekane So back to the point you touched on the other day about AEW signing random people just so they can be in the game.
WCW vs the World is based on the Japanese import, Virtual Pro Wrestling 1. Japan's copyright laws are super lax so that was why/how they (and other companies) were able to include wrestlers from so many companies into their games. Since WCW vs. the World was a direct port of VPW, they kept things as is and just renamed folks.

Since there IS no "Japanese version" of the AEW game that the AMerican game will be ported from, the same can't/won't happen.

But yea, I might go back and play this soon.

Last edited:
Many videos have been done on the WCW/EA/AKI situation but you don't know how pissed I was that an amazing wrestling engine was WASTED on a damn fighting game with some damn rappers. I have never played any of them and I refuse to ever play those Def Jam games.

Waste of a got damn engine.

Peep Game Peep Game your folks
Def Jam >
Yup, Def Jam series was crazy! FFNY a top 5 PS2 game for me.

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican I won't knock on fans of the Def Jam games as the hip hop scene was exploding to the general masses at the time and it would've been foolish not to capitalize on it.

I will agree with you that it was kinda silly to have a wrestling engine - especially AKI's used on the game, but hey it was better that letting it go to waste.

Not impressed with that AEW game and you'll already know my stance with Yukes!. :smh: :smh: :smh:

Back
Top Bottom