The RETRO Gaming Thread!

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican

This Top Hat Gaming Man channels is great. Going to eventually watch all of his videos.

If you or anyone on here knows of other channels, please post them.

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican

This Top Hat Gaming Man channels is great. Going to eventually watch all of his videos.

If you or anyone on here knows of other channels, please post them.

(2) strafefox - YouTube https://www.youtube.com/c/strafefox/videos?view=0&sort=p&flow=grid

(2) 616Entertainment - YouTube https://www.youtube.com/user/616Entertainment/videos?view=0&sort=p&flow=grid

(2) Joe Gagne's Funtime Pro Wrestling Arcade - YouTube https://www.youtube.com/c/JoeGagnesFuntimeProWrestlingArcade/videos?view=0&sort=p&flow=grid

Does this count as retrogaming? :D
7ACA8883-B547-46A1-B1BD-4349C1F325A3.jpeg

Got this for $15, which is prob still too much, but I grew up on these games and heard the switch port is good

Edit: found this new in the og box. Pretty neat, now I just need an og gameboy :lol:
1F0EAD61-6359-44B6-9A0D-24989184C1EC.jpeg

That’s dope, if I were you I’d flip that since it's in new condition and get something nice with it. I’m into backlight mods so it would have no use for me (tho I don’t have an OG Gameboy anymore). I had a GBA worm light which was pretty cool

That’s dope, if I were you I’d flip that since it's in new condition and get something nice with it. I’m into backlight mods so it would have no use for me (tho I don’t have an OG Gameboy anymore). I had a GBA worm light which was pretty cool

Yeah I could flip it but I’m not sure it goes for much money. I might just toss it into the family storage and bust it out once I come across a gameboy to attach it to. I just couldn’t pass it up for $2

Saw this at Target today and was tempted to cop too.
Nintendo-Game-Watch-box.png
It’s just that one game in it? You might be better off getting a 3DS and downloading those NES game off their website. I think they sell for $5 each game. Mine currently has Super Mario 2, 3, and Mike Tyson Punch Out.

Last edited:
Just replaced the laser on a launch model PS1 (SCPH-1001). One of the easiest console fixes I’ve done. Will prob do the Gamecube next.

7CDDA05B-6879-4BF6-BC5E-1D658279BF7A.jpeg

1EF9D788-7D79-4A5A-B60F-093A62CC4949.jpeg

3C6BAC35-11B8-4528-8AAA-7B197C9F6387.jpeg

On a related note, I got another PS1 (later model) with OG box for basically free. Won it on an eBay auction for 35 total which already seemed like a steal, except it wouldn’t read games on arrival. Seller went ghost on me and I got my money back. After seeing how easy it is to fix, I can’t even be mad either.

ED9E45DC-3CB7-488A-B3B9-6B26BA1455C2.jpeg

2EC5886A-26EE-48FB-B14C-388C44C784F7.jpeg

krazy krazy , was there lots of soldering involved or just unclipping? Sounds like a fun project. I have one PlayStation 1 model but it’s one of those PSONE slim models in the og box, controller, cables...etc. I got that baby for $11 at my thrift store 8 years ago and have only tested it and put away since I still use the PS2 regularly.

krazy krazy , was there lots of soldering involved or just unclipping? Sounds like a fun project. I have one PlayStation 1 model but it’s one of those PSONE slim models in the og box, controller, cables...etc. I got that baby for $11 at my thrift store 8 years ago and have only tested it and put away since I still use the PS2 regularly.

No soldering at all. Just 5 screws, one ribbon and one other wire. I double checked the instructions and that’s all there was to it. It doesn’t boot perfectly every time tho, I might have to reseat something. I got a PSone (and PS2) slim too w/ the LCD, def one of my fav console designs. I like keeping my consoles separate based on games etc so I try to use all of them

Always liked playing Sonic Adventure. The controls were comfortable and responsive. Music is always a plus.

I was just gifted this SNES game today and was surprised to find out it was an educational game. I haven’t fixed my snes console yet, bad “pico” fuse I haven’t ordered from ebay.
1606008187847.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom