The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Cool Spot in the pic before makes me think about how carefree some of us could have been...before the Internet :lol:

Don't get me wrong : it's for me what prevented me to get bored that the Internet finally exists BUT all the infos make us more aware that we were, and sometimes you would prefer to ignore some scary $#@% :rofl:

With prices of some old games, without emulation it would be difficult to retro gaming...
Most funny part is somes games aren't rare or pricey in some countries but in other ones it's different
For example in US you got the third 3 Tony Hawk on N64, maybe I'm wrong but I never saw the 2 & 3 in France
And Resident Evil 2 in Japan wasn't pricey if i'm correct on N64
But in France just because of the cartridge argument...
Because the PSX version wasn't especially pricey here I think...
Anyway Nintendo stole a lot of our money or parent's money with cartridges claiming it was the best and then came to CD :rofl:
But cartridges have more charm and CD's easily got scuffs for people like me

I prefer emulation because I'm way to lazy to look for copies of old games and then I start thinking about the storage space a collection demands and I'm all the way good. I like looking at peoples displays and collection but I could never have something like that at my place. A 5tb hard drive is less of an eyesore.

That's also why PC are dope with dematerialized games, and plaforms that allow you to buy or get for free a game for life, even if you don't install it right now, you could have 60 games, no one installed, no need tho have a big storage, and you could then install them only when you would play them, very useful

Welp I might have to cop more ps1 classics if Sony getting rid of the ps3 support. I would do more psp games but I haven't touched it in ages lol

Time to buy any remaining ps3 games I need

Does this impact distribution of patches/updates for PS3 games or is it just the storefront that's closing? PS3/X360 were not so offensive with their patches vs. PS4 (and I don't own XBox One so can't comment).

Welp I might have to cop more ps1 classics if Sony getting rid of the ps3 support. I would do more psp games but I haven't touched it in ages lol
On PSP you have at least 4 Metal Gear, which 2 are very different, cards in game are used as actions, so you collect cards through the game to succeed levels the best way possible, Metal Gear Acid 1 & 2, the 2nd is more enjoyable, the 1st one got classic graphics and the 2nd more cartoonish

There also 2 extensions of GTA

Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories, better to play nowadays than the OG's

And if I'm correct an UMD with a lot of Metal Slug and another with a lot of SNK

2 wipeout...

Great console

On PSP you have at least 4 Metal Gear, which 2 are very different, cards in game are used as actions, so you collect cards through the game to succeed levels the best way possible, Metal Gear Acid 1 & 2, the 2nd is more enjoyable, the 1st one got classic graphics and the 2nd more cartoonish

There also 2 extensions of GTA

Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories, better to play nowadays than the OG's

And if I'm correct an UMD with a lot of Metal Slug and another with a lot of SNK

2 wipeout...

Great console
Always wanted to try Portable Ops. Already got Peace Walker on the HD collection. Those GTA games I got already for the ps2.

I fire up my old Xbox 360 every once in a while. Usually this is done with a reasonable amount of fear it doesn't burn down my house and kill me.

It's the only place I have to go for old Capcom games like Marvel vs Capcom 1 & 2, Darkstalkers, 3rd Strike Online Edition and other classic games that still aren't backwards compatible. I wish they'd do something about this.

I fire up my old Xbox 360 every once in a while. Usually this is done with a reasonable amount of fear it doesn't burn down my house and kill me.

It's the only place I have to go for old Capcom games like Marvel vs Capcom 1 & 2, Darkstalkers, 3rd Strike Online Edition and other classic games that still aren't backwards compatible. I wish they'd do something about this.

I have a ps3 strictly for this reason as well. marvel origins, darkstalkers, 3rd strike online, marvel vs capcom 2, jojos bizarre adventure remaster, nhl 3 on 3, nfl blitz, nba jam, konami x-men, turtles in time re shelled and of course splinter cell

I’ve picked up so much vintage video game stuff these last few days. Even got some consoles on the cheap and they work perfectly too.

I needed Mario Bros for sure.
5C06B905-D993-403A-A520-12C922567202.jpeg

Cant pass up PSP games since they’re kinda hard to find in my area.
18A344A5-A685-44F1-B654-90CF3656EEFB.jpeg

GameCube for $9.99 because it didn’t have video cables. However it did have the power cord (not pictured) and the wavebird receiver. The PS2 controllers and multi-tap were $2 each and in great condition.
2D40104F-2BCB-4CAE-850F-A75AD3BF45FF.jpeg

Last edited:
Just did for the third time I think, Half-Life: Opposing Force, full game in a row, almost 3 hours, quite glad because last time was about 4h20, HL1 graphics help a lot to stay focus on gaming, which is very satisfying, I think I'm going to play again to Return to Castle Wolfenstein and all FPS from this era, simple graphics, great gameplay, and linear in a good way, especially when you play games several times so you can calculate where you are in the game for what timing...Plus I really love the system of saves on HL, automatic saves + manual saves are great as there are always a few bugs, mostly about being stuck in elevator

Great graphics and colors
i totally agree with you, but the console and the cartridges it self were way too expensive back in the 90s, the system was around 700-750 euro and the games were between 200-250 euro, nobody cant afford these kind of prices back then, its even expensive for nowadays standards lol, i still remember back in the days i used to play fatal fury and art of fighting on a arcade cabinet at my local snackbar before they get ported to the snes and then i would go buy the bootleg copy for my snes copybox

i totally agree with you, but the console and the cartridges it self were way too expensive back in the 90s, the system was around 700-750 euro and the games were between 200-250 euro, nobody cant afford these kind of prices back then, its even expensive for nowadays standards lol, i still remember back in the days i used to play fatal fury and art of fighting on a arcade cabinet at my local snackbar before they get ported to the snes and then i would go buy the bootleg copy for my snes copybox
Yes, I remember prices were way too high and I didn't know anyone who got it, or if I did know someone, he wouldn't have tell anybody :lol:

Back
Top Bottom