The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Remember playing Doom 1 on MS-DOS if I'm correct, my first FPS were Corridor 7 : Alien Invasion and Wolfenstein 3D, even at the time I found colors of Wolfenstein 3D awful, but I liked a lot Corridor 7 : Alien Invasion, your first weapon is ridiculous, then I got Doom 1's shareware, and at the time I didn't know it was a shareware, so I found it perfect from A to Z, then I had the full game on SNES and I found it not so perfect, because everything in the shareware was great even end with the 2 Barons of Hell. What is perfect in Doom, I mean those old ones, secrets, fastness, atmosphere, music. They need some official remasters. Level design was really great. But vanilla version are painful for eyes. Today graphics with yesterday mecanics here would be perfect. Tried Eternal Doom and that's not amazing at all...

doom1shareware.jpg

51TsuPCHuhL.jpg

-

EDIT : Retried Corridor 7, it didn't age well at all :lol:
Then Brutal Doom, they really made something great and enjoyable with it, you can feel how they are passionated, in fact I feel it's more enjoyable than actual official Doom but to each his own I guess

Last edited:
They really succeed to create unique atmospheres back in the days with all the Doom-likes, I feel this graphic engine permited them to make some very fluid games with a lot of items and shortcuts on maps, really great as level design is concerned, bad thing would always be all the characters in 2D, but levels are great, a lot of those need remasters, when dev remake games they sometimes lose the identity of some games, so remasters by fans would be great, some HD for all the Duke Nukem 3D, Hexen, and all of these games, need to play to Blood, Shadow Warrior etc.

-

Did anyone play to Nigh Trap ? It's been years I've wanted to give it a try, it looks really strange like a random mix, too bad the 25th Anniversary Edition of the game didn't come with french audio because it was just as bad as it had to :lol:

-

Games in full motion looked like nightmares :lol:

Last edited:
Still haven't played Pocket Fighter yet, have it on the SF Alpha Anthology tho.
That Max dude is a jersey collector lol

That Gameboy case is sick!! :emoji_fire:

How much did they charge for the entire set? I saw the manuals, did it come with games too?

Max is good people. Don't get the dislike. Him and his crew do a few things that are annoying, but nothing that's a big deal.

Back
Top Bottom