The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Finally crossed this one off my list! Paid $29.99 but it’s worth it now that it’s going for double that on eBay. Best part is I have the original case and manual at home.
37113C7E-DE66-462B-8067-D6CAA391750A.jpeg

It's especially cool as it's always frustrating to pick up games in loose condition

Don’t get me wrong, I’ll still take any loose cartridge at this point but still it’s better to get them complete. I’m glad I bought that Batman cover/manual at the thrift shop for $1. The cashier dude looked at me like I was crazy :lol:

Don’t get me wrong, I’ll still take any loose cartridge at this point but still it’s better to get them complete. I’m glad I bought that Batman cover/manual at the thrift shop for $1. The cashier dude looked at me like I was crazy :lol:
Yes, it could look strange to buy box and manual without cartridge but as you never know what you could get in the future, or it could also lead to purchase some personal gem, I'm not in purchasing video games, I did do it, and most of them were in loose condition, so at that point that kind of annoyed me to spend money to not have them complete but I disliked too to buy old manual and box, old cartridges not a big deal, but manual, box, CD...That's why + the high prices I decided long time ago to stop this, then I spent money on shoes and now I'm in some tightwad mood since a few months/years, hate how passions make us spend so much time/energy/money, but without passion life means nothing, so...We just have to find some balanced

davinelulinvega davinelulinvega , exactly. Balance is the key and it’s what I use when dealing with buying music CD’s, video games, action figures, sneakers and comic books. I resort to dedicating their times in spurts. Can’t spend all my money since I do have bills and obligations, haha.

davinelulinvega davinelulinvega , exactly. Balance is the key and it’s what I use when dealing with buying music CD’s, video games, action figures, sneakers and comic books. I resort to dedicating their times in spurts. Can’t spend all my money since I do have bills and obligations, haha.
Especially CD's, I never liked this format :lol: always at least a scratch easily, I had some K7/MP3 adapter for radio cars, and that was perfect, 2 Go iPod Shuffle connected to this, both retro and quite modern but not really at the time I used them, vinyls also have some charm, but I hate CD's because I always broke crystal cases too :lol: scratches on both CD and box + broken case :smh:
Things are even better when we do them with balance, when we're too much into something we don't even realize how cool it is, but voluntary deprivation of what we are found of is a good way to restore the OG feeling

Really thinking about getting into Neo Geo.

It is expensive, though.

Anyone ever own it?
sadly i never owned one before, it was and it is still ridiculously expensive and overpriced for what you get compared to other consoles and the neo geo is just only a 16 bit system
Be prepared to pay A LOT of money.

Bend_The_Knee Bend_The_Knee look into either the Neo Geo Arcade Stick Pro (official SNK product) or the Mister FPGA project and call it a day.

If you have to have an original console you can look at one of the 'consolized' AES/MVS joints. The main issue is that the games cost a small fortune.

Back
Top Bottom