The RETRO Gaming Thread!

And we were blessed with not less that 4 Metal Gear on PSP, 2 round by round and 2 classical

71bxvViNPWL._AC_SL1127_.jpg mga2.jpg mgspops.jpg mgspw.jpg metal slug.jpg
51HG+zpOATL._AC_.jpg wepure.jpg wipeout pulse.jpg gtalcs.jpg gtavice.jpg
With only these 10 ones that means a lot of gaming, plus Metal Slug and KOF are collections of games, I remember how astonished I was by the quality of WipeOut Pure back in 2005 if I'm correct, I had that one, Metal Gear Acid 1 & 2, Portable OPS and these 2 GTA. And KOF is one of the rare fighting games I like because I'm very bad at them, so only Soul Calibur and KOF are the ones I could enjoy even if I constantly lose. Because try to be bad at Street Fighter II on SNES : there's no fun at all ! :rofl:
I said it a lot but those 2 GTA's spin off improved drastically the original games. Again I'm repeating myself but I'm still mad one of the best GTA's games hadn't its " Stories", San Andreas of course...Because imagine that : if the 2 PSP episodes are better than the OG's (at least this is what I think), what about San Andreas as it was already very consistent ?
I'm playing VCS those days and last game I think I was driving helicopters and all, for a portable GTA from this period, I find this fantastic. Especially with problems I had driving helicopters in GTA IV on PC which made my PC crashed several times...And greatest period for GTA games for me is from the 3 to SA with those 2 ones. Before + Chinatown Wars don't feel the same, and after it became something else, very deceiving. Not mentionning the storyline of the V was nothing incredible and having only one character to control is a better choice in my opinion. I don't care about the 3 characters of V. While the 2 PSP characters were more interesting that the games they were from, and both Toni Cipriani and Vic Vance are something sullen which make them more interesting, they're doing bad things, and it's nothing like an excuse, but it's not like they enjoy it. Character of III is a one I like but obviously he has not the charisma of those 2 ones. And the one from Vice City was "cool". CJ was a lot of things, funny, a little bit plaintive, loyal etc. but if this PSP episode have existed, and if it was like someone suggested before here or in TAN about Sweet we would have the third sullen one. And when you see all the #### GTA characters are going through I definitely feel both Toni, Vic, Johnny more realistic and charismatic than other ones. And yes, Lost and Damned deserves a spin off, but still as Johnny :lol: I need another GTA with Johnny, great character. Maybe something before he joined the bikers or something.

Only a rumor (I didn't dig into it) but it appears for the 20 years of GTA III some surprise is coming, some talking about an hypothetical remaster with maybe Vice City and San Andreas too, all in 1 ? It would be great to see those games with V graphics or something similar. GTA III released on October 2001 so wait and see...

Game Boy Advance was disappointing in so many ways, but for someone who never played to F-Zero on SNES at the time, its iteration was incredible, and when you're not satisfied with a Nintendo console, at least you always got some Mario Kart or other to enjoy it anyway. Worst things were the form of the console, the ugly look with old big cartridges, and no lighting when it was colored, so I was expecting one...I don't remember about the Game Gear, but might it was retro lightened ? Cool thing was you only got to have 2 batteries against 4 for Game Boy. But I feel Nintendo rules portable consoles with Game Boy and Game Boy Color, but this one was just a way to wait for the great PSP :smokin still playing PSP games today, that means a lot !

I've said this before in here but I never EXPECTED much from any handheld system.

I knew anything I was getting was PROBABLY going to be Second Class.

That isn't me saying Hand Helds couldn't produce entertainment but expectations were always tempered.

Batman shirt is insane, I can't even tell the artist but def 80s style.

Loved those T-shirts as a kid. I remember how many I’d see at my local outdoor swap meet. They’d have 3 t’s for $10 and all the kids at school rocking them. Good times! :lol: :pimp:

Edit: I took a 2 week break from the thrift stores but now I’m ready to check back in and see what vintage games come through.

Remind me of a Mighty Ducks T Shirt I had as a kid, loved it :lol:
When my mother went back from Canada (work) she offered me this and a VHS of Aladdin before it then released in France, but as there was a region problem for the video recorder, someone she knew managed to do I don't know what, but it then could be played on it. It's funny how we sometimes size importance of things decades after them, you just live your life, and decades after when you're thinking about it, it makes you grin.

Back
Top Bottom