The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Maybe the reduced crime rate and increased safety led to the demise of the genre in the late '90s. :emoji_cry: :emoji_cry: :emoji_cry:

:rofl:

I want that genre to make a comeback though, it was fun to play them back in the arcade days. Make them cartoonish even, like the Simpsons or X-men game was.

Last edited:
:rofl:

I want that genre to make a comeback though, it was fun to play them back in the arcade days. Make them cartoonish even, like the Simpsons or X-men game was.

TURBO UNO TURBO UNO there have been a few brawlers/beat 'em ups over the past two decades - they just don't get much coverage as they tend to be best enjoyed as couch co-op games whereas the media/industry has shifted to online based games or single player, open world.

On XBOX 360 there was Castle Crashers which still is a ton of fun with 4 players although it might be digital only. On PS4 there is Streets of Rage 4, again 4 players- which was surprisingly good and you can also grab a physical copy of it. I had some difficulty adjusting to SoR4 as it follows SoR2's mechanics instead of 3s but once you get used to it - it's a blast!

There's a TMNT brawler/beat 'em up coming out too from the same developer that did SoR4.

DK_kNUoU8AAQMvv.jpeg

I hear this arcade version is really fun to play! I don’t recall ever seeing one as a kid though, such a long time ago. This would be cool if Arcade1up would combine this along with a few others.

Stopped by the thrift store today kinda late but did find some Nintendo DS games for $1...

Animal Crossing Wild World
New Super Mario bros.
Pokemon Diamond edition
Super Mario 64
Guitar Hero tour

Also picked up a clean original grey NES Zapper gun for just $2 :smile:

Back
Top Bottom