The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Do you remember the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers hame for the SNES?
1651942840822.jpeg

Pic of each boss from the game
1651942971070.jpeg

I rented it for the Genesis, haha. It was okay but I got the feeling it was meant for younger kids, controls wise. I was 14-15ish so I had no business playing it, still had fun though 😄

I rented it for the Genesis, haha. It was okay but I got the feeling it was meant for younger kids, controls wise. I was 14-15ish so I had no business playing it, still had fun though 😄
Haha I read today that it was partially received as “too easy” aka geared toward younger gamers. :lol:

I liked the look of the game. It had good music and the levels/bosses were cool looking imo. Adequate game for it’s time I suppose.

The Rangers are always cool to me haha. :lol:

B Bronson , see I knew something was up! Lol. It was repetitive and just too easy.

Yeah, good graphics for the time and the music was cool. I was in junior high at the time so basketball, girls, card collecting took my attention. Still though, I’d squeeze in an episode of Power Rangers if it happen to be on. Season 1 was my favorite.

B Bronson , see I knew something was up! Lol. It was repetitive and just too easy.

Yeah, good graphics for the time and the music was cool. I was in junior high at the time so basketball, girls, card collecting took my attention. Still though, I’d squeeze in an episode of Power Rangers if it happen to be on. Season 1 was my favorite.
my highschool life was somehow different. there were not much girls considering I went to an exclusive school. so the only way to mingle with girls is outside of the campus with pretty much word of mouth or referral kind of engagements. very limiting. so it was mainly basketball, outdoor fun and video games for me. did consider becoming a cadet but opted to go to a co-ed university because my male hormones were raging for some foxes. on the otherhand, I very much enjoyed my time in highschool as well as my time in the university. the only difference between the two was, I added girls in the menu.

sneeker sneeker , your high school experience doesn’t sound too different. I was crazy about girls wherever I went, the settings didn’t matter to me :lol: We all have that in common here, that and video games if you’re a regular in this thread, haha 😎

On another note, have you guys noticed a shift in gamers now collecting games for the PS2, original Xbox, Wii. Seems like they’re starting to climb in price now. I never thought I’d see that day.

sneeker sneeker , your high school experience doesn’t sound too different. I was crazy about girls wherever I went, the settings didn’t matter to me :lol: We all have that in common here, that and video games if you’re a regular in this thread, haha 😎

On another note, have you guys noticed a shift in gamers now collecting games for the PS2, original Xbox, Wii. Seems like they’re starting to climb in price now. I never thought I’d see that day.
I haven't noticed the trend, but I'll be damned of what is happening considering there are a few places where I could get them really cheap. all I know is when this whole pandemic started, everything just skyrocketed in price.

as far as videogames is concerned, family life and work somehow derailed my addiction and dedication for videogames. I haven't been able to really utilized my gaming rig fully eversince I bought it more than 2 years ago. just some occasional gaming and it's really annoying. still got my old PS2 rig, N3DS XL, Wii U, the 2 year old gaming PC and the recently upgraded Switch to OLED Switch at home. not sure if I'll still be able to sell some of the old ones though. also, I've been buying new shoes and toys as well. I shifted hobbies from photography which was another costly hobby.

sneeker sneeker , I feel you. Life will always take the front seat. I’ve been going through the same in that I don’t have the same amount of time as I used to. Got tons of games/systems but zero dedication to it unless my nephews come over to play. That’s just how it goes.

As for your systems/games, I’d hold onto them because in a few short years kids who grew up playing them will have money and nostalgia for it. You should at least be able to get what you paid for them soon.

1651942840822.jpeg

Pic of each boss from the game
1651942971070.jpeg

SNES version was much different than the Genesis version.

I didn't play the SNES version until years after I had played the Genesis version and I knew I had just played the better version of the game.

SNES version was much different than the Genesis version.

I didn't play the SNES version until years after I had played the Genesis version and I knew I had just played the better version of the game.
I usually prefer SNES controls over Sega when choosing the same game that’s available for either system but who knows maybe you’re right. Maybe this game carried over better to Sega. Can’t comment on how I feel as I’ve never played the Sega version.

The Super Nintendo version of TMNT Turtles in Time, Tournament Fighter and MK II was better on Super Nintendo lol.

Genesis and Super Nintendo are GOAT'd.

The Genesis version = the one I grew up on :pimp:
Growing up I felt like the Genesis was for teens/adults and SNES was for the kids. Now I like both systems equally, they’re both awesome systems. Funny thing is I hardly come across games for them at thrift stores. It’s one of the reasons my library of games is smaller compared to my NES one. I’d find handfuls at a time for that baby whereas these Gen/SNES are rare for me.

Back
Top Bottom