The RETRO Gaming Thread!

neo geo was the best home console according to everyone at my elementsry school…

no one had it tho and i had never seen one…i gotta neo geo aes today…its cool, but its not all that

neo geo was the best home console according to everyone at my elementsry school…

no one had it tho and i had never seen one…i gotta neo geo aes today…its cool, but its not all that
Neo Geo had the sick fighting games, that's what made it the best. people during that era loves competitive fighting games.

I would say, ridiculously stupid. one of the funniest arguments I've heard was someone blaming one brand not making their exclusives available to their console preference. :rofl:
I hope they weren’t over the age of 21, lol.

On another note, the thrift stores have upped the prices of games even higher. Saw a tag for $9.99 on a Wii Fit game 🤣 Good luck selling it!

Wii Sports just had its spiritual successor, Nintendo Switch Sports, drop the end of April. Willing to bet even back when they made the announcement that there was an uptick in interest in the original game and games like it.

I doubt it.

Cool.

I see how it could be hard to believe.

We were children at the time and our worlds were limited to what was directly around us.

It's all perspective.

I know how things played out in my elementary/middle schools at the time. So that's all I can go by.

Speaking of Donkey Kong, I’m still on the hunt for a copy of Donkey Kong jr. for the Atari 2600. I check once a week at my local used retro game store. No luck.
1652290790110.jpeg

Once you get it, it’s gonna be a big score 🔥
Definitely gonna feel great checking it off my list. Been looking for almost 2 years, lol.

Edit: Just got back from the game store and checked another one off my list. I found Kool-Aid Man and it’s one of the few I was after. Pitfall 2 is a label upgrade, $3 each was a good deal 😀
4E480C0B-78F3-4F52-B47B-48BA45E7175D.jpeg

1652316975956.jpeg

Last edited:
People could definitely be tribal over consoles back in the day. It didn't seem so bad cause the conversations were in real life. We couldn't yell at each other over message boards back then. Also, Nintendo and Sega went at each other a lot harder than what we see today.

I'll always prefer the SNES over the Genesis. Mainly because of Squaresoft and Nintendo's first party games.

Yea, even in Gaming Historian's piece on SMW he talked about how heated the debates that took place on the playgrounds and the neighborhoods were. I just feel like us being older and more seasoned allows for us to step back and see how wild and crazy the tribalism with these gaming companies can be.

This was SO good man. So good.

Picked this one up at the last minute before I left the thrift store. Dude literally pushed the cart out in front of me and it had games laying on top.
$5 for a game my local retro store wants $60. Yeah, I’ll take it. Complete with instruction manual too 🔥
993FF02F-FA17-4C82-A753-AD61B857B61D.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom