The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Wolverine-Cable-Gambit was my go to.
I think this is the team I achieved the 100 hit combo with.
The arcade version will always be the GOAT but did anyone own this for the Dreamcast?
Still have it. Got MVC2 and Soul Calibur together for $20 in 2004 from a classmate trying to sell it to Game Crazy, who was only going to give him 10 bucks or so. My first two Dreamcast games in my collection. Would never sell off that simple fact.

My favorite retro games are definitely the classics from the 8-bit and 16-bit eras. I grew up playing Super Mario Bros. 3, The Legend of Zelda, and Mega Man 2 on the NES, and I still love them to this day. I also have a soft spot for the original Sonic the Hedgehog on the Sega Genesis. I remember spending hours trying to get all the Chaos Emeralds and beating Dr. Robotnik.

2006 is still my favorite. Introduction of Impact Player (with the animations) and Race for the Heisman. The 06 line up from EA was straight fire that year.

I still play 14 to this day. Game is still fun and way more fun than recent maddens.

I’m sure the devs went all out on the last expected series. Glad I kept mine from original release date. Xbox 360 still in my rotation because of it.

I still play 14 to this day. Game is still fun and way more fun than recent maddens.

I’m sure the devs went all out on the last expected series. Glad I kept mine from original release date. Xbox 360 still in my rotation because of it.

Same, just started playing a new season in NCAA 14 Revamped.

I finally got a Sega Dreamcast 🔥
Some dude let me have it for $50 and it came with 2 controllers, 1 memory card and Star Wars Demolition. Everything works great but I’m still going to take it apart and clean everything since I’m sure it’s dusty inside.
get your can of compressed air ready. speaking of, I have to buy a new set. I'm down to my last can.

I finally got a Sega Dreamcast 🔥
Some dude let me have it for $50 and it came with 2 controllers, 1 memory card and Star Wars Demolition. Everything works great but I’m still going to take it apart and clean everything since I’m sure it’s dusty inside.
My Dreamcast laser stopped working so I “fixed” it up. I play it on a VGA CRT and it looks so good. Rayman 2, Marvel Vs Capcom 1 & 2 obviously, Jet Grind Radio, Power Stone, Street Fighter 3rd Strike, Skies of Arcadia, Sonic as mentioned.

get your can of compressed air ready. speaking of, I have to buy a new set. I'm down to my last can.
I’m going to recommend a powered air duster. I used to get compressed air 3 for 10 bux and now they’re like 8 per can. I ditched it completely and use an X-power to clean the crap out of desktops and consoles. It’s even strong enough to dust out my garage. I use a portable / handheld air blower for smaller electronics

My Dreamcast laser stopped working so I “fixed” it up. I play it on a VGA CRT and it looks so good. Rayman 2, Marvel Vs Capcom 1 & 2 obviously, Jet Grind Radio, Power Stone, Street Fighter 3rd Strike, Skies of Arcadia, Sonic as mentioned.

I’m going to recommend a powered air duster. I used to get compressed air 3 for 10 bux and now they’re like 8 per can. I ditched it completely and use an X-power to clean the crap out of desktops and consoles. It’s even strong enough to dust out my garage. I use a portable / handheld air blower for smaller electronics
I got my 4 for 10 bux at Costco about 2-3 years ago. I yearly blow the crap out of my fans, computer, laptop and other electronics. If it cost that much nowadays, I'd buy what you are using. Was just watching the shopping Channel last week and I'm considering getting another blower for the vents.

my go to characters in mvc2 were strider/doom/sent. in mvc i could play as everyone pretty well but my fav were strider/spiderman or really strider/anyone w/colossus or psylocke assist.

thoughts:
-i wish we got a capcom vs capcom game
-tatsunoko vs capcom should be ported on a modern system. so should mvsf.
-i feel like capcom owes us. we kept them alive playing mvc2 for like 10 years straight before we got a sequel.
-mvsf is the first capcom game that i got really good at...mvc was when i got hardcore. i used to be good in mvc2...better than i was in mvc1. after playing for 10 years straight i don't even touch mvc2 and haven't for years.
-i owned mvc and mvc2 on dc and they were day one purchases. i'd play all night, wake up and play all day in the arcade then do it all over again day after day lol.
i wish we had youtube back in the day. i don't really have any vids of me back when i was playing mvc1 and mvc2 heavy...but here's a vid of a tron combo i did years ago in mv3:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom