The RETRO Gaming Thread!

DXhvHHcWsAA4tGY.jpeg

get your can of compressed air ready. speaking of, I have to buy a new set. I'm down to my last can.
I have an air compressor with all the attachments and hoses. You should consider a small inexpensive one and save money. The can method can get pricey after a while.

Congrats on your purchase. 🔥 Definitely look into Sonic Adventure
I picked up about 10-15 Dreamcast games at thrift stores over the years even though I didn’t own the console, haha. I have both Sonic Adventure 1 &2 but haven’t had the time to play. I’m definitely popping those in first 👍

My Dreamcast laser stopped working so I “fixed” it up. I play it on a VGA CRT and it looks so good. Rayman 2, Marvel Vs Capcom 1 & 2 obviously, Jet Grind Radio, Power Stone, Street Fighter 3rd Strike, Skies of Arcadia, Sonic as mentioned.
Thanks for the suggestions my man 🔥👍

I picked up about 10-15 Dreamcast games at thrift stores over the years even though I didn’t own the console, haha. I have both Sonic Adventure 1 &2 but haven’t had the time to play. I’m definitely popping those in first 👍
Sonic adventure 2 is such a classic! if you get 100% completion you unlock a secret 3D version of green hill zone you can play thru. Spent a whole summer playing the game to unlock it :lol: :nthat:

I have an air compressor with all the attachments and hoses. You should consider a small inexpensive one and save money. The can method can get pricey after a while.
last time I held an air compressor was when I was still working with my recently departed father. that thing was great for blowing out everything. anyways, thanks. the portable electric ones are now affordable. now I just need to find my WD-40 to remove some stubborn stains.

Sonic adventure 2 is such a classic! if you get 100% completion you unlock a secret 3D version of green hill zone you can play thru. Spent a whole summer playing the game to unlock it :lol: :nthat:
Oh wow, that a pretty cool reward for completing the game. Aww man, we’ve all had that one summer game we were obsessed with, haha. I felt that for Grand Turismo games.

last time I held an air compressor was when I was still working with my recently departed father. that thing was great for blowing out everything. anyways, thanks. the portable electric ones are now affordable. now I just need to find my WD-40 to remove some stubborn stains.
What stains are you removing? Like the motherboard on electronics?

What stains are you removing? Like the motherboard on electronics?
friggin super-glue on my switch blade. couldn't scrape it off. already used a filer, vinegar, alcohol, acetone and the like. just wouldn't come off like it became more like an ugly coating.

friggin super-glue on my switch blade. couldn't scrape it off. already used a filer, vinegar, alcohol, acetone and the like. just wouldn't come off like it became more like an ugly coating.

Oh ****, that’s some quality crazy glue :lol:

I was all in on the PS during that era as well... but after I first started working after HS I went on ebay and got a great deal on a Saturn lot that included Panzer Dragoon Saga and a bunch of other games. Got an Action Replay that eventually burnt out the cart slot, so then I imported the This is Cool Saturn and refortmatted the pink memory card that came with some Tomigotchi import and bought almost all the Saturn fighters that only came out in Japan and were far superior to what the PS could do thanks to the added memory.

The PS1/2 is probably the greatest console/follow up in history. The 1 shocked the world, but the 2 established a dynasty in gaming that has literally been holding Sony afloat since as an overall company.

To think people laughed at Sony trying to step into gaming industry. The 90s was a time man.

Same here! My boys tried to get me hooked on Xbox but I wasn’t having any of it, lol. I’d go go and get right back on my PS ****
never got into XboX. the only time that they made some significant dent on gaming was when Sony made the mistake of overpricing their PS3s. even with the infamous 3RLD, the 360s were still selling like pancakes. PS3 only recovered when Sony got back to it's senses.

never got into XboX. the only time that they made some significant dent on gaming was when Sony made the mistake of overpricing their PS3s. even with the infamous 3RLD, the 360s were still selling like pancakes. PS3 only recovered when Sony got back to it's senses.
True, that PS3 was the only fumble for Sony in my eyes. Years pass and I’m now open to other consoles. Proof is how I own 14 different currently 😂

Last edited:
I just got into Xbox with the Series S. Low barrier to entry at the price (paid $220) and now I'm purchasing all the fighting games I missed during the PS4/Xbox One generation and older.

Finally got access to Dead or Alive 3 and 4, KOF NeoWave, and Killer Instinct.

Back
Top Bottom