The RETRO Gaming Thread!

I have all of those 😁
Copped them at outdoor swap meets when folks sold them for 50 cents to $1. This was before they all would think of checking their cell phones on eBay prices.
There used to be an outdoor swap meet about 10 min drive from my parents house and we'd go there at least few times a month in spring/summer. So many bargains to be had and I got some SNES games there too. It closed up in the early 00s, miss that spot!

There used to be an outdoor swap meet about 10 min drive from my parents house and we'd go there at least few times a month in spring/summer. So many bargains to be had and I got some SNES games there too. It closed up in the early 00s, miss that spot!
Nice! What games do you remember getting there? Yeah, those spots are awesome. It’s a shame some have closed down. The ones that are still open have vendors that constantly tell you to check ebay when you don’t fall for their asking price, it’s pretty bad now. You’re lucky if you find a game cartridge for under $5...probably a sports game :lol:

Bought this on the PSN Store recently

IMG_0611.jpeg

Really fun game.

Nice! What games do you remember getting there? Yeah, those spots are awesome. It’s a shame some have closed down. The ones that are still open have vendors that constantly tell you to check ebay when you don’t fall for their asking price, it’s pretty bad now. You’re lucky if you find a game cartridge for under $5...probably a sports game :lol:
Agree. Can't even find a decent deal on the used items at facebook marketplace. Frigging disposables even has a value of $20. Just pure insanity.

It's been a long time but I remember getting Super Metroid, Castlevania 4 and Super Street Fighter for all well below used prices at places like Funcoland and other used games spots. I used to love browsing the large selection of games some sellers had though.

It's been a long time but I remember getting Super Metroid, Castlevania 4 and Super Street Fighter for all well below used prices at places like Funcoland and other used games spots. I used to love browsing the large selection of games some sellers had though.
Whoa, you got some steals for sure. Metroid and Castlevania are over $100 games each now in today’s market. Yeah, for me it was about the hunt and not knowing what you could come across.

Agree. Can't even find a decent deal on the used items at facebook marketplace. Frigging disposables even has a value of $20. Just pure insanity.
Sucks we can’t go back to the prices of even just a few years ago. Everyone knows about retro video games :ohwell:

The small jewel cases were nice. Sadly, I got rid of my Saturn Tall Disc cases and moved all my CDs to regular jewel cases. So if were to try to sell, I'd get dinged for not having the original packaging except for maybe Panzer Dragoon Saga and Magic Knight Rayearth.

Folks complaining about PS1 original retail price must not remember when Sega Xbone themselves by pricing their system $100 more than Playstation but not having the same 3D capabilities (we know Saturn was a 2D beast and had the goat controller 2nd revision).

Back
Top Bottom