The RETRO Gaming Thread!

I've been thinking about selling 95% of my games and cashing in while prices are ridiculous.

743 NES games
708 different titles
46 away from a full licensed AND unlicensed set.

214 SNES games

VGPC value is 18.4K
I probably have 3-4K invested

I'd keep all my accessories, systems and system boxes. Invest in my other hobby and throw some $$ in the bank. I could always build back up in the future if I regretted it.

A few months ago I sold all my N64 and Genesis (200+ games each) because I never played them and I don't regret it at all, but NES and SNES is what I grew up on and I do play certain games often..

You'd probably want to sell each title individually unless you get a gaming shop willing to buy the entire lot from you. I personally find SNES to be overpriced presently so I can't fault you for wanting to cash in.

The company (TecToy) making this device has been manufacturing them continuously for the Brazilian market as there's a huge 16bit SEGA following there. This is due to newer consoles costing thousands of dollars as a result of high import taxes.

FWIW, this Genesis is trash as it grossly overpriced and only has Composite video. The pre-loaded games are mostly trash too.

The company (TecToy) making this device has been manufacturing them continuously for the Brazilian market as there's a huge 16bit SEGA following there. This is due to newer consoles costing thousands of dollars as a result of high import taxes.

FWIW, this Genesis is trash as it grossly overpriced and only has Composite video. The pre-loaded games are mostly trash too.

read that as well

odd timing cause the genesis with 80 preloaded games is still in stores now and you can also use cartridges on it too

almost bought the handheld last year

I'm gonna check the nearest Walmart at midnight to see if they have any.

​
 ​
7dda5542_niketalkred.png

Went to Best Buy 2 hours before they opened, an employee there handed out tickets to the first 30 people in line. I was #32.

#fail

I got lucky!!!!
went to the wal mart, dude said they sold them at 11 it was 6 am ran 20 miles to the other side of town .
sat at Target. they had 15 i was #13

then ran over to game stop, there were people sitting in the car but no one sitting in the store. so i diddy bopped at the door sat down. then everyone started coming out...

haven't camped for anything since the PS3. gotta bring food next time and my chair

Dude I was at my BB but I wasn't sure what time they opened. 9 people posted I was 10.

didn't know how many they got.

It's not that serious especially since the GF has an OG nintendo.

Amazon still gonna go live today at 2PM PST so don't fret.

They disabling 1-click purchase for it too.

lol, funny thing is tho they'll sell out super quick too. more Sadderday's for everyone. meaning ebay will win again...

some targets near me have like 70 in stock and other walmarts that got only a handful say they're gonna get restocks.

I wanted it because of the convenience but if my girl has an OG id rather drop money buying the game i want to play. In the end the graphics will bore me lol

This is a perfect size to add to your car if you have headrest TVs

your target gaming section must make millions weekly if they got 70....
Every report ive seen up until you posted has been saying no more than 15-20 per store.
one walmart 10-20
game stop 5-15

Amazon sold out once, this is their 2nd stock but last of the year from some reports.

your target gaming section must make millions weekly if they got 70....
Every report ive seen up until you posted has been saying no more than 15-20 per store.
one walmart 10-20
game stop 5-15

Amazon sold out once, this is their 2nd stock but last of the year from some reports.

How'd they sell out? They're not going on sale till 2pm PST?

And I'm basing those numbers off of Brickseek amounts.

Last edited:
I wrote that completely wrong. They will sell out because of limited quantites and wont restock the rest of this year.

Didnt mean to say they sold once and then not again

Back
Top Bottom