The RETRO Gaming Thread!

^^^
Horrible, horrible game. Churned out to cash in on TMNT mania. The top down/aerial parts were the worst, couldn't see that damn steamroller with the horrid RF connection on an 80s CRT. If you survived the steamroller the underwater parts were guaranteed to make you want to smash your controller and/or NES. :smh: :smh:

Dude i dont know what was worst that lvl or battle toads jet ski lvl. Both where controller breakers tho

Never even bothered attempting to finish it or 'relive the nostalgia' via an emulator. Mom got it for my bro and I in '90 or '91 and after 26 years you never forget a bad experience.

Dude i dont know what was worst that lvl or battle toads jet ski lvl. Both where controller breakers tho

Oddly I never played Battle Toads, but I've heard about that specific level being nightmarish. In BT's defense it was one specific point, TMNT on the NES was just trash on the whole. :smh:

turbo_tunnel.gif

^^^
Yikes, you'd need a sibling or a homie to quickly write: Up, Down, Up, Up, Down, Down, etc... :lol:

Last edited:
You know, I think I'm one of the few people that never had an issue with the underwater level, but the level after.. Man bump that, I didn't know what I was doing.

My husband has started really getting into the retro-gaming and so for Christmas I'd like to get him a few more things.

So far I've gotten him the consoles: Sega, Sega Dreamcast, Super Nintendo, GameCube, and a PS1.

I've got a few games, but I'll have to look and see what they are again because I just ordered what he had on a list. Anyway---without going all the way thru this thread, what are some games that are "must have" in retro?

My husband has started really getting into the retro-gaming and so for Christmas I'd like to get him a few more things.

So far I've gotten him the consoles: Sega, Sega Dreamcast, Super Nintendo, GameCube, and a PS1.

I've got a few games, but I'll have to look and see what they are again because I just ordered what he had on a list. Anyway---without going all the way thru this thread, what are some games that are "must have" in retro?

Sega Genesis- Sonic 2
Sega Dreamcast- Marvel vs Capcom 2
Super Nintendo- TMNT:Turtles in Time
Nintendo GameCube- Super Smash Bros Melee
Playstation 1- Metal Gear Solid

Sega Genesis- Sonic 2
Sega Dreamcast- Marvel vs Capcom 2
Super Nintendo- TMNT:Turtles in Time
Nintendo GameCube- Super Smash Bros Melee
Playstation 1- Metal Gear Solid
Thanks for the suggestions!! I actually got the Super Smash Bros Melee game already. He's a huge TMNT fan, so I'll be scouting for that one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom