The RETRO Gaming Thread!

I never ever completed a Mario game in my life lol smh
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

A 100% playthrough of Super Mario World on SNES is mandatory. One of the best games of all time imo.
Loved SMW. Never played it on SNES, though- I have the GBA version and played it both on my GBA SP and GameCube GameBoy Player on my TV.

I completed:

Super Mario Bros (Wii VC)

Super Mario Bros 3 (Wii VC)

Super Mario Land (GB)

Super Mario World (GBA)

Yoshi's Island (GBA) - hated this. eff Baby Mario 
mean.gif

Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)

New Super Mario Bros Wii (Wii)

Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii)

New Super Mario Bros U (Wii U)

Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)

I really enjoyed all of them except Yoshi's Island. Pretty impressive that Nintendo has such a long list of great games for a single franchise, and I haven't even played them all. Obviously that's shown by the success/staying power of this franchise.

I think Super Mario World on SNES was the only mario game I ever actually finished.

Broooooooooooo SOCOM!!!

I never played that but i remember the commercials haha.

Spent many days on SOCOM. Good times
Probably my favorite online multiplayer game of all-time.

Sad how there seems to be no chance of game like that ever returning.

Not enough perks, DLC, and gimmicks to milk the franchise.

SOCOM was hardcore teamwork, get the mission done, communication, hella lag, gameplay.

SOCOM II might be the best shooter low key

SOCOM II was GOAT.

People hated so much when you used an IW lol. 

Wish they would atleast remaster it.

Ghost Recon did its best trying to emulate that feeling SOCOM gave you but it just wasn't the same, even though I enjoyed GR.

RB6 was also a good tactical game, but a different vibe. Man I miss SOCOM

Last edited:
I never ever completed a Mario game in my life lol smh
:smh: :smh: :smh:

A 100% playthrough of Super Mario World on SNES is mandatory. One of the best games of all time imo.
Loved SMW. Never played it on SNES, though- I have the GBA version and played it both on my GBA SP and GameCube GameBoy Player on my TV.

I completed:
Super Mario Bros (Wii VC)
Super Mario Bros 3 (Wii VC)
Super Mario Land (GB)
Super Mario World (GBA)
Yoshi's Island (GBA) - hated this. eff Baby Mario :smh:
Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
New Super Mario Bros Wii (Wii)
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii)
New Super Mario Bros U (Wii U)
Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)

I really enjoyed all of them except Yoshi's Island. Pretty impressive that Nintendo has such a long list of great games for a single franchise, and I haven't even played them all. Obviously that's shown by the success/staying power of this franchise.
No Mario 64? Make that one next on your list to play.

That's actually the "newest" Mario game I ever played. From the Wii and on I just never thought about picking anything up. Always heard great things about Super Mario Galaxy though. If I can find my Wii I may have to pick it up.

Last edited:

No Mario 64? Make that one next on your list to play.

That's actually the "newest" Mario game I ever played. From the Wii and on I just never thought about picking anything up. Always heard great things about Super Mario Galaxy though. If I can find my Wii I may have to pick it up.
I've been thinking that ever since I made my list. My problem was that I didn't own a game console other than a GameBoy or PC until I moved off to college and bought a used GameCube after the Wii came out. I played friends SNES and N64 as a kid, but never had one myself, so I didn't play any single-player games. I've played a lot of games that came out from the GameCube on (Rogue Squadron 2!), but I'm still missing some classics from before that.

Man, Galaxy and Galaxy 2 were awesome. Strongly recommend!
I still haven't played Sunshine after all these yrs lol
I actually bought Sunshine for my gf to play, but she has trouble controlling characters in 3D space. She does well with 2D and puzzle games, but always has trouble aiming/moving accurately in a 3D format. She got frustrated on the first level of Sunshine, so I returned it right away (GameStop probably found a way to rip me off, I'm sure). I should have kept it for myself to play through... 

I remember when I was younger for the life of me I couldn't get Socom to play online on PS2 :smh: even with my dad helping me in the setup, it wound ever work.

Any idea how I can get n64 to work on my smart tv? Snes works ironically.
Will take a few weeks to get to you, but this is cheap and supposedly works wonders.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fre..._1&btsid=c42ddee5-4e1c-4f97-ac97-88d7391535ef

This isn't only for Smart tvs like JRS asked for right? I have a regular Vizio flatscreen that I've been having trouble hooking my N64 up to.
Should work for all TVs.

johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm Ever order this? Thinking of pulling the trigger soon.

I got something similar from Amazon. Different brand I think but same concept. Had to play around with it a little but it worked :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom