The RETRO Gaming Thread!

I'm not a fan of any of the retro clone consoles. I don't like that a lot of them use emulation instead of run off the hardware natively. Some games end up having compatibility issues. Plus they always look butt ugly.

Oddly they sell extremely well to the 'casual' gamer. Nintendo could've put an end to all the whack clones with their NES Mini but they opted to limit it instead.

Nike Jordan Nike Jordan , that's a nice piece of hardware and it does not do any emulation.

I would have enjoyed Sonic 3 a lot more if it was not for this:

hqdefault.jpg
Messed you up huh? [emoji]128514[/emoji]

I don't know what my initial reaction to these were but they were annoying

I was at a supermarket and I went by the magazine section and noticed there wasn't a single video game magazine in the stands. 
mean.gif
frown.gif

Just took my Xbox 360 to Gamestop

they gave me $30 bucks for it 
frown.gif

Prolly played it a total of 20 times

Did they have a sale or just closed up shop?

My local one probably doesn't see much business it's in a abandoned type mall

For those interested in building a RetroPie:

Raspberry Pi 3 for $24.50 and free overnight shipping with code RASPI30.

https://www.arrow.com/en/products/raspberrypi3/raspberry-pi-foundation

They actually had a BOGO yesterday for $38 but I didn't think to post it in here. Mine came in today :smokin. Already have a RetroPie so I'm gonna use these for other projects.

As a computer geek and retro gaming nerd idk why I haven't got one of these yet. On my summer to do list forsure, thanks for the link

Any ninja gaiden(i loved them tho) shinobi 3 , and any no kill metal gear play thru

Is there a 3D version of Ninja Gaiden or Shinobi? That seems like it would be cool. If it was something based on the Tokugawa Period, that seems like it would be nice

I struggled with the Ninja Gaiden and Shinobi games as a kid. Couldn't clear more than 3 stages. I had a friend who used to play Ninja Gaiden on NES everyday and he got so good at it.

Last edited:
Just took my Xbox 360 to Gamestop

they gave me $30 bucks for it :frown:

Prolly played it a total of 20 times

You really needed the $30 though? With X360 games being dirt cheap, you could've just held onto it and purchased some games for casual play down the road.

What's the best (non-current gen) system for racing games & combat flight sims? I've always loved those kind of games, but they often don't get ported to Nintendo consoles (such as Forza, Gran Turismo, Ace Combat, etc)... I've been curious about picking up an old Playstation (1 or 2) or original Xbox to play those games. I want a system that has some solid titles of both flying and driving. Any suggestions?

I am a Ninja Gaiden Master Ninja to the highest degree.

But the last one I played was Ninja Gaiden Black on the og XBOX of which I was one of the best in the world.

Serious.

Maxing out UTs under time on every encounter...If I botched...reset - again - EVERY ENCOUNTER
Not powering up all weapons to get more hits in, etc.

Unlabored Flawlessness lettin off small nuclear explosions on them enemies b.

There was only one dude with better karma ratings that I concede was better than me, a Japanese dude.

Started with the og NES game & Arcade game

Last edited:
Ninja Gaiden is pure adrenaline.

Haven't played in almost 10 years because its just too engrossing, too addicting and too stressful. :lol:

Not like riding a bike either. Went back a few years later to see and I was not as good.
Had to practice EVERY day.

It's like beating Mike Tyson in Mike Tyson's Punch-Out! in the first round - 100 times in a row. :lol:
Or being Neo in the Matrix.

The concentration and hand-eye coordination is on a whole nother level yall

Last edited:
Is parasite eve any good ? I wanted to play that game so bad after seeing it's cut scenes in some demo I had

Never got a chance

Parasite eve is flames.

Leveling passed like 35 or so takes ridiculously long because they messed up the leveling system but once you keep grinding you jump mad levels to 99. Collecting junk was tedious too but well worth it with the super weapons you can get. One of my files has an ak47 and the other a p90 and both have the best mods you could get.

Needless to see I'm untouchable in the game literally. I got the best armor too with the best mods from collecting stuff in game. You'll love it.

Back
Top Bottom