The RETRO Gaming Thread!

What's the best (non-current gen) system for racing games & combat flight sims? I've always loved those kind of games, but they often don't get ported to Nintendo consoles (such as Forza, Gran Turismo, Ace Combat, etc)... I've been curious about picking up an old Playstation (1 or 2) or original Xbox to play those games. I want a system that has some solid titles of both flying and driving. Any suggestions?
Nobody? Aight.

Minus whale grab a PS2 if you wanna play Ace Combat and Gran Turismo. Throw in the NFS:Underground series too.

Minus whale grab a PS2 if you wanna play Ace Combat and Gran Turismo. Throw in the NFS:Underground series too.
This.
Thanks guys. Is Ace Combat the only good (combat) flying game out there? I'm thinking something along the lines of the Rogue Squadron games for N64/Gamecube (I've got the Gamecube games).

Update: Looks like there were three Ace Combat titles released for the PS2- didn't realize that! Nice.

I haven't really played them, so what are the pros/cons of Gran Turismo vs Forza? I've always played NFS & Mario Kart... while the items in MK are fun, I don't like how unrealistic the drift-boosting is in Mario Kart (just doesn't make sense). I actually played Underground 1 & 2 on my PC. One was nice, but I lost interest in 2... game was a bit too open-ended to me. I like being able to pick a race and race on a set track (where you can tell where the track is)... one thing that annoys me about NFS: Most Wanted (Wii U) is that sometimes you can't even tell where you're supposed to drive until you've done a lap or two... it's easy to drive off down a side road randomly since they're all open streets

Last edited:
midnight club 2 on ps2 >

one of the best racing games ever with the best maps and races with an insane sense of speed

rip.jpg

My spot had Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 for $15 on PS2 with the box and everything

I almost copped but wanted to ask you guys if that's a decent price?

I just want to add them to my collection

I don't even own a PS2 :lol:

[quote name="parada45"]

I don't even own a PS2 :lol:[/quote]

:rofl:

I don't know man, rarely pay reseller price for ps2 games. As it is, I picked up kingdom hearts 1 & 2 for $1.50 each at my local thrift store.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I've tested 2 of the 3 Sony pvm's I bought a last week. One looks perfect and the other one needs some slight adjustments for the color. Funny thing is it displays everything okay except for the red colors and flesh tones. Will take it apart when I have some free time. Looking forward to buying some rgb cables for my Genesis and ps2.

My spot had Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 for $15 on PS2 with the box and everything

I don't even own a PS2 :lol:

If you really want them and money isn't a problem then cop them, like stated you could stumble across them somewhere else for less, but that might not happen, check out flea markets if your into that, pawn shops. I have no luck at thrift stores or goodwill, although others have found stuff so it depends on the area. Check sites/apps like Craigslist, offer up, and let go depends on the area too. If it's cheap and I know it's valuable I buy it to trade or sell for something I really want.

I went to a indoor flea yesterday, mostly new stuff...there was a game place tho but wow prices on games were high Namco museum which I paid a couple dollars for they were selling for 17$ it's worth 5$ at most that's what it sells on eBay for...I want the nes collection of gameboy games he had a few unpriced ones like ice climber but I didn't even bother asking because of his other prices.

Back
Top Bottom