The RETRO Gaming Thread!

220px-ATARI_-_PIT-FIGHTER_1990.jpg

This was my ****ing jam back in the arcade. Almost crapped my pants when it came out on SNES. Then when I finally got it, it was straight GARBAGE for the console. Never been more letdown in my life :smh:

The Genesis of Pit-Fighter was definitely the better home console version. It at least tried to replicate the arcade version.

Then when I finally got it, it was straight GARBAGE for the console. Never been more letdown in my life :smh:

I remember renting it and getting all excited for it. Got home, played for 10 minutes, went outside to play tag with friends. Never touched the game again :lol:

My local game store sells it for $5 so I might just cop it for pure nostalgia.

What was y'alls go to magazine?

EGM, Game Pro, Nintendo Power for me.

Those were the days.

Wish I still had them.

I used to get hand me down EGM mags from the rich kids my mom used to clean houses for. They'd be late news but I didn't care.

Those were the days.

Wish I still had them.

I was a legit subscriber from like 1996 to 1999, I was hooked on it since Mario 64 was released (those magazines was how I discovered how to reach some of the secret stars in Mario 64, especially that Princess Secret Slide shortcut)

Those were the days.

Wish I still had them.

GamePro for sure! Greatest magazine ever.

Game Informer was definitely awesome to me when I had a 6 month subscription that my mom hooked up!

PSM was definitely better than OPM during Playstation era. Then OPM got awesome around PS2 era, but I think that's when Sony brought them onboard to do the magazine.

Tips and Tricks was always a favorite of mine Gamefaqs took over.

I was a legit subscriber from like 1996 to 1999, I was hooked on it since Mario 64 was released (those magazines was how I discovered how to reach some of the secret stars in Mario 64, especially that Princess Secret Slide shortcut)

You make me feel old.

I used to get NP back in 89-90.

I would get the magazine that would come with demo discs for ps1 lol I spend a sick day playing gran turismo demo I think Spyro was on it too

Back
Top Bottom