The RETRO Gaming Thread!

For the N64 and Gamecube, I can't do the knockoff 3rd party controllers for them. It is something about the OG N64 Controllers and OG Gamecube Controllers in terms of quality that makes me say.........nothing else can compare to them.

I can deal with knockoff controllers for the NES and SNES, but if I had a preferred 3rd party..........definitely 8BitDo for those controllers, which aren't knockoffs BUT are pretty damn good quality for a 3rd party controller.

Probably can handle knock off PS1 to PS3 controllers as well as knock off Xbox controllers for all their consoles too. I'd still look at quality here.

Couldn't give an *** **** about Wii controllers though......if you need a replacement Wii remote for your Wii or Wii-U, go get yourself a cheap *** knock off of them.

Knock off controllers work no problem the thing is how long will they last

As kid I didn’t remember any loose n64 sticks when I would play at my cousins

joe billionaire joe billionaire I believe there were some games at the later end of the N64's life that required some excessive analog stick movement. Super Smash Bros. was probably the most common. My brother and I were heavy into the AKi wresting games that used the D-Pad for motion and sparingly used the analog stick so our controllers are still 'tight' after almost 2 decades.

Happy 50th birthday to Chun-Li.

chun-li-1968.png

For the N64 and Gamecube, I can't do the knockoff 3rd party controllers for them. It is something about the OG N64 Controllers and OG Gamecube Controllers in terms of quality that makes me say.........nothing else can compare to them.

I can deal with knockoff controllers for the NES and SNES, but if I had a preferred 3rd party..........definitely 8BitDo for those controllers, which aren't knockoffs BUT are pretty damn good quality for a 3rd party controller.

Probably can handle knock off PS1 to PS3 controllers as well as knock off Xbox controllers for all their consoles too. I'd still look at quality here.

Couldn't give an *** **** about Wii controllers though......if you need a replacement Wii remote for your Wii or Wii-U, go get yourself a cheap *** knock off of them.
Can't do knockoff controllers period

Playing Super Mario 64 with a Gamecube Controller has to be one of the most oddest YET most interesting experiences I have ever had.............the Nintendo Wii's most underrated aspect, N64 Virtual Console with Gamecube Controller support

Playing Super Mario 64 with a Gamecube Controller has to be one of the most oddest YET most interesting experiences I have ever had.............the Nintendo Wii's most underrated aspect, N64 Virtual Console with Gamecube Controller support

The C-Stick vs. C-buttons would be interesting.

The C-Stick vs. C-buttons would be interesting.

The C-stick adjustment was awkward at first b/c my initial instinct for moving the camera would be to hit the buttons next A or B.

Once I got a hang of it, the C-stick is one of the greatest improvements of the N64's flawed camera control mechanics of the C-Buttons.

Just beat DKC3 for the first time. I had it as a kid, and beat the first 2, but I'm not really sure why I didn't beat 3 (maybe got a n64 soon after, or got confused with the map layout)

But yea, feels good to have replayed and beaten all 3 over the last year.

For those who haven't played it, 3 isn't as good as 2, but if you enjoyed 2 and have an itch for DKC then I recommend giving it a shot

I just realize that the n64 was lacking on fighting games compared to the snes.

The overall N64 library is quite small due to alot of publishers not liking the expensive cartridge format as well as its size limitations.

Cadillacs and Dinosaurs? Sign me up :lol:

Anyone ever play the AvP beat em up he suggests at the end?

Back
Top Bottom