The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Latest pickups
PS1 games were free from a garage sale and the PS3 games I found in my apartment building lol. I got GTA V on PS4 tho

20240529_155459.jpg

About when did you get out of gaming?

Probably a little before that...Sonic 2/Streets of Rage 2/Madden 93/NHLPA 93 era

Then I got back in a little bit during the mid-'90's.

Years later I played Ninja Gaiden/Ninja Gaiden Black & GTA 3/VC/SA and that's was about it.

My prime video game era was mid-'80's to early '90's.

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican

Why do you think you stopped? green rhino123 green rhino123

2. Ha e there been any games over the past 25 years that have interested you from seeing ads/previews, etc?

I come in peace.

It wasn't a conscious decision. I just seemed to have less & less time for it;
then eventually it's out of sight - out of mind, you know?

As far as more recent games...there have been a few that piqued my interest...
Friday the 13th is the only one I can think of right now.

Xbox One was the last system I had. Even then, I only really played NBA and WWE 2K. I last played that system 2 years ago.

I play Retro games weekly though. I have a high powered PC so I am able to legally emulate a lot of stuff.

In my current rotation:

Mario Golf 64
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2: PS2
Nba 2K14 PC
NBA Atreet Vol 2: PS2
NBA Jam On Fire Edition: PS3 (Modded)
AKI Wrestling Games 64

Packing up my Genesis collection for my move that I started a few years back. A lot of these games I played growing up as a kid & wanted to own now. Also collected a few NES titles recently & kept my Saturn titles that I received in the 90s. I need to get some Consoles in the near future

1151E4BE-2721-478C-A3EA-67C3E4818D70.jpeg

D8B0584F-EDA1-443C-8456-24C1853CE936.jpeg

Packing up my Genesis collection for my move that I started a few years back. A lot of these games I played growing up as a kid & wanted to own now. Also collected a few NES titles recently & kept my Saturn titles that I received in the 90s. I need to get some Consoles in the near future

1151E4BE-2721-478C-A3EA-67C3E4818D70.jpeg

D8B0584F-EDA1-443C-8456-24C1853CE936.jpeg

Wow, you have some classic Genesis games! :wow:

Sonic & Sonic 2
Streets of Rage 2
Spider-Man
Street Fighter II
Madden '92
Lakers vs Celtics...

:lol:

Those Genesis cases brings back so many childhood memories going to my two close friends' houses in the neighborhood that had Segas. But man SF II for Genesis used to piss me off using the 3 button controller as you had to push Start to switch from punches to kicks. Then my buddy finally got a 6 button but only one haha.

Wow, you have some classic Genesis games! :wow:

Sonic & Sonic 2
Streets of Rage 2
Spider-Man
Street Fighter II
Madden '92
Lakers vs Celtics...

:lol:

Thank you, yea a lot of these games my older cousins owned back in the days so I used to come by all the time to watch them & their friends on the block play Madden & Lakers vs Celtics a lot. Seeing that clip of the Ambulance running over the players in Madden ‘92 still crack me up to this day 😂
danewera danewera loving the set up! I see a Sole Collector issue and Master System games too 🔥🔥🔥
Appreciate that🙏🏽 The SMS was so underrated with some good titles. I Didn’t play the console that much during its run but I have so much memories of my older cousins playing it tho

It was wild discovering Black Belt was a reskinned Fist of the North Star.

And Last Battle on Genesis being another Fist of the North Star reskin.

I’m older. We didn’t have a lot of money but my mom managed to get my brother and I a Sega Master System with the 3D glasses. I had a buddy Thomas. Dat boy had mad games and would kindly lend them to me. Phantasy Star was fiyah. The first RPG I fell in love with.

I felt like the Genesis was more a realization of the arcade experience. But Master System could have legitimately been as good or better than NES spec wise. But it was only one company churning out games.

I miss Sega.

First bball game i played: Double Dribble

First bball game I liked: nba jam

First bball game I bought with my own money: Rap Jam

Favorite bball game of all time: NBA Live 2004

Hmmmm….

Probably Double Dribble too in the arcade.

I liked…Arch Rivals in the arcade.Followed by NBA Jam (which is like its spiritual successor without the punching).

First console basketball game I love is NBA Live (besides NBA Jam).

Back
Top Bottom