The Revival of the Mega Man Legends Series!

Mml3projectlogo.png

Nintendo hyped third-party games when it broke out the 3DS release date today, and two big Capcom franchises joined the list of surprises. We already knew that Capcom would be releasing a 3-D edition of "Street Fighter 4," but they added two new titles to their slate from the Mega Man and Resident Evil series. "Mega Man Legends 3" and "Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D" will introduce their respective universes to the portable system, and a few details are available about both.

"At long last, we have finally announced that we are making the next game in the Mega Man Legends series," Capcom global head of research and development Keiji Inafune said in a translated video statement posted to the Capcom-Unity blog. "I know many of you have been waiting a long time for this, but I can assure you that no one has looked forward to this project as much as I have."

The action RPG series never managed to gain the same traction that some of the other Mega Man titles did, and it's been dormant since "Mega Man Legends 2" came out ten years ago. It looks like Capcom was convinced to take a chance and bring it back for the 3DS, though, and the results should be fun to watch unfold.

As for "Mercenaries 3D" the RE title will collect "Resident Evil 4" and Resident Evil 5" Mercenaries missions together with new modes of gameplay, established characters and 3-D effects. Wi-Fi-enabled co-op will also be a part of the picture.

Any of these Capcom titles could be swell on the 3DS, but "MML3" has me really curious to see if it can get some new wind in its sails. It also looks like it's going to contain more new material than its 3DS Capcom siblings. Plus, Inafune sounds as though he has something to prove.

pimp.gif

Mml3projectlogo.png

Nintendo hyped third-party games when it broke out the 3DS release date today, and two big Capcom franchises joined the list of surprises. We already knew that Capcom would be releasing a 3-D edition of "Street Fighter 4," but they added two new titles to their slate from the Mega Man and Resident Evil series. "Mega Man Legends 3" and "Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D" will introduce their respective universes to the portable system, and a few details are available about both.

"At long last, we have finally announced that we are making the next game in the Mega Man Legends series," Capcom global head of research and development Keiji Inafune said in a translated video statement posted to the Capcom-Unity blog. "I know many of you have been waiting a long time for this, but I can assure you that no one has looked forward to this project as much as I have."

The action RPG series never managed to gain the same traction that some of the other Mega Man titles did, and it's been dormant since "Mega Man Legends 2" came out ten years ago. It looks like Capcom was convinced to take a chance and bring it back for the 3DS, though, and the results should be fun to watch unfold.

As for "Mercenaries 3D" the RE title will collect "Resident Evil 4" and Resident Evil 5" Mercenaries missions together with new modes of gameplay, established characters and 3-D effects. Wi-Fi-enabled co-op will also be a part of the picture.

Any of these Capcom titles could be swell on the 3DS, but "MML3" has me really curious to see if it can get some new wind in its sails. It also looks like it's going to contain more new material than its 3DS Capcom siblings. Plus, Inafune sounds as though he has something to prove.

pimp.gif

WHOA
eek.gif

I'm SO hype for this.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

EDIT: just realized what Legends was. I'm a bigger fan of the Original and X series'. Oh well, I'm still a little excited.

WHOA
eek.gif

I'm SO hype for this.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

EDIT: just realized what Legends was. I'm a bigger fan of the Original and X series'. Oh well, I'm still a little excited.

I'm CRAZY HYPED for this game! Legends 1 was and still is my favorite game of all time
pimp.gif

I'm CRAZY HYPED for this game! Legends 1 was and still is my favorite game of all time
pimp.gif

OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD. I remember played the first one when I was a wee lad.

OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD. I remember played the first one when I was a wee lad.

oh damn thats dope, it was a great game for ps. But to be totally honest the best mega man game I played would be mega man battle network. Totally different game styles but I enjoyed playing it on the ds

oh damn thats dope, it was a great game for ps. But to be totally honest the best mega man game I played would be mega man battle network. Totally different game styles but I enjoyed playing it on the ds

when i heard the rumor earlier this week i was 
eek.gif
happy.gif
 then i heard it was for the 3ds and felt 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
indifferent.gif
frown.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
. i loved the mml series from the art stlye to the music. I dont think im going to buy another dam nintendo ds. I bought the ds lite when it first came out played it for a month  let my bro use it till since i didnt use it. i bought a dsi xl played it for a month and now its collecting dust like my psp 
laugh.gif
. I could never get into handhelds this gen for some reason.

when i heard the rumor earlier this week i was 
eek.gif
happy.gif
 then i heard it was for the 3ds and felt 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
indifferent.gif
frown.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
. i loved the mml series from the art stlye to the music. I dont think im going to buy another dam nintendo ds. I bought the ds lite when it first came out played it for a month  let my bro use it till since i didnt use it. i bought a dsi xl played it for a month and now its collecting dust like my psp 
laugh.gif
. I could never get into handhelds this gen for some reason.

The Mega Man Legends 3 development team borrows from all corners of Capcom, director, Masakazu Eguchi, revealed today in a blog post on Capcom-Unity.

While Eguchi himself has a long history with Mega Man games, having co-directed Mega Man Legends 2 and also worked on numerous Mega Man Battle Network titles, his development team for Legends 3 on Nintendo 3DS draws talent from numerous other Capcom titles.

Yoshinori Kawano, who directed Mega Man Legends and was the main director on Legends 2 will be overseeing the overall Legends 3 project. Simply put, his job is to help make sure the game turns out great. Eguchi views him as a “spiritual mentor.

The Mega Man Legends 3 development team borrows from all corners of Capcom, director, Masakazu Eguchi, revealed today in a blog post on Capcom-Unity.

While Eguchi himself has a long history with Mega Man games, having co-directed Mega Man Legends 2 and also worked on numerous Mega Man Battle Network titles, his development team for Legends 3 on Nintendo 3DS draws talent from numerous other Capcom titles.

Yoshinori Kawano, who directed Mega Man Legends and was the main director on Legends 2 will be overseeing the overall Legends 3 project. Simply put, his job is to help make sure the game turns out great. Eguchi views him as a “spiritual mentor.

Back
Top Bottom