The RPG Thread -> 2023 was a banner year for RPGs. What was your favorite?

What is your RPG of 2022?

• Tactics Ogre

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Horizon: Forbidden West

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Elden Ring

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Stranger of Paradise: FF Origins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gotham Knights

• Pokemon Acreus

• Xenoblade Chronicles 3

• Fire Emblem Warriors

• Pokemon Scarlet/Violet

• Other (Please note with a thread post and let us know!)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Octopath Traveller 2 demo is up in the PS store for those who want to check it out.

I played it for about 30 minutes. I am not wowed by the character options to start, but I remember the characters I thought I would least like in OT1, I ended up using the most so I am keeping an open mind.

Pre-ordered it so I will be trying to get through a few games before the 24th and Lightfall (Destiny 2).

I thought about it based on the reviews but then Metroid Prime remastered dropped on Wednesday 8)

Switch is my first Nintendo console since N64 so I never got to play any of the Prime games so I'm very excited to get into that.
Gonna go through Hogwarts then go back to Midnight Suns to finish that up then Prime will be next for me :smokin

Switch is my first Nintendo console since N64 so I never got to play any of the Prime games so I'm very excited to get into that.
Gonna go through Hogwarts then go back to Midnight Suns to finish that up then Prime will be next for me :smokin
How is Midnight Suns?

Is it as difficult as XCom? And how is the card mechanic?

How is Midnight Suns?

I have 0 XCom experience so I can't really compare difficulty but it's fairly challenging but not too bad. Took me a little to get a feel for how to strategize and what to focus on. I still get a lot of 1 star ratings for mission completion :lol:
It's really damn fun though and the card mechanic is pretty cool to me. Bonus points if you're a Marvel fan. I know the social building aspect isn't for everyone but I think it's a nice/fun break between missions. The developers are clearly Marvel fans and they did a good job of getting the characters down

How is Midnight Suns?

haven't played Midnight Suns but played a lot of XCom. I can only speculate it runs the same mechanics and difficulty considering Firaxis made them. card mechanic seems to be an aesthetic change to the conventional character action selection rather than having a real purpose at all different to that of the intended action.

At first I was a bit iffy on Monster Hunter Rise, particularly due to it coming after the masterpiece of MH World and it being a Switch port. Now I’m damn near an addict :lol:

I just played a bit of the Octopath Traveler II demo. I used Ochette (Hunter) and beat the first boss. Idk what it is but I enjoyed it a lot more than OT1. The music is really good too, so far.

Last edited:
At first I was a bit iffy on Monster Hunter Rise, particularly due to it coming after the masterpiece of MH World and it being a Switch port. Now I’m damn near an addict :lol:
Those monster hunter games are addicting or any of those rpg type games.

I changed played a bit of the Octopath Traveler II demo. I used Ochette (Hunter) and beat the first boss. Idk what it is but I enjoyed it a lot more than OT1. The music is really good too, so far.

Hikari for me. Hoping to finish the demo today.

I like Rise better than World

Hikari for me. Hoping to finish the demo today.
That was the character I was deciding on. What did you think about the difficulty of the boss(es) if you’ve fought any? Just like the first game, you have to be pretty strategic.

Yea I don't mind that paper-rock-scissors type battles but I always seem to have the wrong characters later in OT1. Hopefully this one let's you be more creative.

Personally not one of my favorite FF games but I can appreciate them changing the formula and trying something new.

Personally not one of my favorite FF games but I can appreciate them changing the formula and trying something new.
same, although it grew on me. probably due to the success of FF7, FF8 was highly promoted. loved the character. maybe because due to the change from polygon graphics to a more defined 3D model. Rinoa was queen.

Another game in my almighty backlog I would love to complete someday.

Only finished Disc 1.

Back
Top Bottom